Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi A1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

The case I got with mine from HK Goldway is not amazing. It's pretty ugly, has the clear plastic window on front, and the plastic on the edge of the case where the power button is has already cracked. Few nice looking cases on Amazon, but haven't tried any yet.

Cheers. Yeah there could well be more showing up on Eu Amazon sites after the Spanish launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone know the best price on this from China on a slow boat today? Trying to decide between 240€ from Amazon or hopefully closer to 150€ but with a few weeks wait and no warranty

Anyone know the best price on this from China on a slow boat today? Trying to decide between 240€ from Amazon or hopefully closer to 150€ but with a few weeks wait and no warranty

think there were to be 2000 units of the A1 for sale at €170 but they were probably all sold in china while you were asleep!

so if you say 170 + 10 shipping + 23% vat + customs processing charge that's probably close to 230 euro, even if you got one. with no warranty as you say.

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_unveils_deals_for_singles_day-news-28035.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Disappointed not to have found this cheaper online in today's deals. Looks like it would still be over the 200 mark if you want to ship via EU from Asia. That got me back looking on amazon.es where it's not saying it won't be shipped for 1-2 months!

g0g wrote: »
    Disappointed not to have found this cheaper online in today's deals. Looks like it would still be over the 200 mark if you want to ship via EU from Asia. That got me back looking on amazon.es where it's not saying it won't be shipped for 1-2 months!

About 170 on lightinthebox if you add some discount code, was a bit cheaper on Gearbest but seems to have gone very quickly

• Advertisement

About 170 on lightinthebox if you add some discount code, was a bit cheaper on Gearbest but seems to have gone very quickly
    Thanks! I'm seeing 190 now and I'm assuming that is basic slow and risky for customs shipping? Any idea where you saw that code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Going to have to take the plunge and order this from Ali Express now. Was hoping to get it from amazon.es but with the 1-2 month wait for shipping it could be ages before I'd get it.

Thanks! I'm seeing 190 now and I'm assuming that is basic slow and risky for customs shipping? Any idea where you saw that code?

It is some special 11.11 discount that you need to activate, saw it on HUKD but I couldn't get it working myself, you might need to try the app

• Registered Users Posts: 2 delidelo

Hey everyone, anyone knows if it's possible to buy it offline in Dublin? Or online only?
    I know I'd pay more but I need to get it in the next 2/3 days max.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

I'm afraid your chances are very low of getting this within 2/3 days.

Mi have only started bricks and mortar suppliers in Spain.
    They plan a slow Eu turnout so that they don't over extend themselves.
    Given the demand it seems a very wise policy.

Do you have any buddies in Spain that might do the deed for you?

Also supplies seem to low.
    Amazon.se are quoting a very vague 1 to 2 months.
    My order on November 9 is slotted to ship on November 21.

• Advertisement

I see a seller in Galway with them on Adverts but price is very high

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

This phone is for people who can’t afford an iphone ! But want people to think they have one !!!!!

Just saying .............

"This phone is for people who can’t afford an iphone ! But want people to think they have one !!!!! "

Don't want anybody thinking I would be daft enough to pay 1,000 eurots for a phone that is
    no better than than a this Mi at 240.

But whatever sails your boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

CVB wrote: »
    This phone is for people who can’t afford an iphone ! But want people to think they have one !!!!!

Just saying .............

It might be an obtuse reference to the MIUI OS apeing Apple's, in which case you're wrong, this is specifically the model with vanilla Android.

It may be the poster's view that anyone wanting more than a Nokia 6310 wants people to think they have an iPhone, in which case, lay off the Sunday beers.

Just sayin' ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 delidelo

paddy19 wrote: »
    I'm afraid your chances are very low of getting this within 2/3 days.

Mi have only started bricks and mortar suppliers in Spain.
    They plan a slow Eu turnout so that they don't over extend themselves.
    Given the demand it seems a very wise policy.

Do you have any buddies in Spain that might do the deed for you?

Also supplies seem to low.
    Amazon.se are quoting a very vague 1 to 2 months.
    My order on November 9 is slotted to ship on November 21.

Yeah, low chances indeed.... looks like I'll just have to find an alternative in store.
    It's a shame, this one looked really cool
    I see a seller in Galway with them on Adverts but price is very high

I've seen that one I might have gone for it, if it was closer to me.

"This phone is for people who can’t afford an iphone ! But want people to think they have one !!!!! "

Don't want anybody thinking I would be daft enough to pay 1,000 eurots for a phone that is
    no better than than a this Mi at 240.

But whatever sails your boat.

in fairness, camera quality is nowhere near the iphone's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

glasso wrote: »
    in fairness, camera quality is nowhere near the iphone's.

The HTC U11 Life is a better camera than this phone.

Vahevala wrote: »
    The HTC U11 Life is a better camera than this phone.

it is but it's nearly 3 times the price. the other guy was saying that the mi a1 was as good as the iphone.

This feels like monthy Python... Apart from the camera what else is better....

Of course the iPhone at over four times the price is better than the Mi. It would want to be. Is the difference worth 750 eurots?

Your paying a hefty whack for the brand and status .

if that works for you...

This feels like monthy Python... Apart from the camera what else is better....

Of course the iPhone at over four times the price is better than the Mi. It would want to be. Is the difference worth 750 eurots?

Your paying a hefty whack for the brand and status .

if that works for you...

I was responding to the guy who said the mi was as good as the phone. I'm saying it's not. I'm not saying to buy the iphone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 logansmith047

looks really good tho

glasso wrote: »
    it is but it's nearly 3 times the price. the other guy was saying that the mi a1 was as good as the iphone.

Well it's costing €341,10 so a bit more expensive. I guess it depends on what you value most. If the camera is important to you, the U11 life is a better choice.

"costing €341,10 "

Where are you seeing this price for the HTC U11?
    It looks great value but around 500 is the lowest I can find.

Sorry just realised its the new "Life" variant you referenced.

Sorry just realised its the new "Life" variant you referenced.

says here the u11 life rear camera is it's weak point (worse that moto g5 plus). the higher priced u11 has a very good camera.

https://www.cnet.com/uk/products/htc-u11-life/review/

I suppose it's a case of you get what you pay for. This phone takes really bad low light pics (so does my current phone but I suppose mine is 2 yrs old)

Vahevala wrote: »
    I suppose it's a case of you get what you pay for. This phone takes really bad low light pics (so does my current phone but I suppose mine is 2 yrs old)

good tip for taking photos in lowlight is to use the countdown timer.
    you set the timer then hold the phone really steady - no need to hit the shutter button where you'd probably move a bit ruining the photo.
    set to a slower shutter speed also while doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

Ordered on the 7th from Goldway on Ali Express, received from DHL today.

Good stuff fugee...

whats your first impressions and price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

Good stuff fugee...

whats your first impressions and price

Hi Paddy

Paid 231, (211 + 20DHL) for black.

20 DHL to avoid customs

Advertisement