Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The last five minutes of Muriel’s Wedding. Hilarious and uplifting. Sigh. Great film ending.

Classic film :)

My TH is my sister’s interview went great and she got the job :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Autosport wrote: »
    Classic film :)

“I’m married! I’M BEAUTIFUL!”

:D:D:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You're terrible, M(a)uriel!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I really enjoyed Tenet at the cinema this evening

Himself brought home a big toblerone bar :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Finally One4all have refunded me.

A month, a few emails, 4 phonecalls and twice sending proof of I.d., is what it took.
    €292.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Virgin rose iced tea! more yummy that I would have thought.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Walking up the stairs tonight to put kids to bed, when my 7yr old stops, looks and me and smiles, and said ‘I did great today, didn’t I’ ... had my nails cut, went on my bike, ate my dinner...yep, I’m a great boy! :-) Smiles to himself and went off to bed!

He has sensory issues ( aspergers) and its the first time in about 4 yrs that I’ve cut his nails when he’s been awake.. first time in four years.. I normally do them in the dead of night, might get one finger or one hand done if I’m lucky .. he just hates it, four years of scaling a mid sleeper bed with a flash light to try and cut them. People told me over and over to just force him, never did, knew he’d come around and he has!
    Sometimes you’d be wondering if your just a crap parent, when you cop someone spot his fingernails, jagged and various lengths, I don’t tell people he has aspergers, generally just let them think I’m a bit **** with his hygiene, it doesn't define him, so I don’t feel the need to say... but then you realize you got him there today with no added pressure or anxiety and realize your actually killing it! Tomorrow might suck, but today I killed it!

Feel like I won the lottery ... the fingernail lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭wildwillow

gogo. that is such a beautiful post. Your son is lucky to have such a parent. Lovely start for a new day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Seeing the excitement of my 2.5 nephew on Friday when we were down the park and a fella driving a tractor with a trailer passed us (he loves tractors) he was jumping up and down with excitement "twactor twactor" and then you're man waved at him and beeped the horn, well he nearly lost it then, all his christmases came at once :3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,866 ✭✭✭gifted

Have a guess why I'm happy...

gifted wrote: »
    Have a guess why I'm happy...

See you on the TA thread later after eating too many! :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They're probably laxatives, that's why Gifted is both happy and annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I visited Kilmachduagh this afternoon. It was fascinating to see the monastery and the round tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Enjoyed a great weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Getting my nails done tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Cuddles after weeks of isolation. Also taking a walk in the sunshine and feeling the air and freshness. The feeling of Autumn is nearly here.

Re Registered for Uni this am.

Have been tearing the house apart with 3 days looking for the key to my motorbike.
    Kept re checking the same places dozens of time while thinking I've checked everywhere it must be in one of them.

Well I didn't check everywhere.
    Although I did check the washing machine, I didn't check inside of the door seal on it.
    There it was,wedged between two rubbers.
    Can't believe it!

IMG-20200831-174517.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

blade1 wrote: »
    Have been tearing the house apart with 3 days looking for the key to my motorbike.
    Kept re checking the same places dozens of time while thinking I've checked everywhere it must be in one of them.

Well I didn't check everywhere.
    Although I did check the washing machine, I didn't check inside of the door seal on it.
    There it was,wedged between two rubbers.

Heh, two rubbers.

I'll just let myself out :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    Heh, two rubbers.

I'll just let myself out :p

Double protection.....

Now that Kildare is out of lockdown, my friend can drive to see his newly graduated 'children' for the 1st time in months. TH
    I'll bet that car is flying south to there.

Kids back in school, park gym all to myself days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got sent home from work early :D

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

It’s great to see the house stay tidy for a few hours after cleaning it since the kids went back to school :pac:

Lovely sunny day outside, got a heap of chores done early, and am now looking forward to dinner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm back to school!!! So good to see my little kiddies, they've all gotten taller but they haven't changed a bit. Still a bunch of cheeky monkeys but so cute! So happy to be back to work. I missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm back to school!!! So good to see my little kiddies, they've all gotten taller but they haven't changed a bit. Still a bunch of cheeky monkeys but so cute! So happy to be back to work. I missed it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Playing a game called wasteland 3 and you can recruit animals to your team and TH I recruited Major TomCat to my team, he wears a little cowboy hat and a little little scarf around its neck :3 😸

[IMG][/img]Major-Tomcat.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

My new dogs lil heart beat when his sitting behind me on my chair.

Advertisement