Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Exchanging silly puns and jokes with my friends throughout the day, especially when I was having a GRRR!/Meh! sort of a day, makes me happy. My friends are good people. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sil next door came down this evening with a beautiful bunch of flowers from their garden , a little bottle of perfume, hand cream and a lovely card she made herself.
    An unexpected heartfelt gift for no reason .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

A few hours work today and then 2 weeks off work.
    My last time off was last October so overdue.
    I was supposed to be off at the end of March but several work colleagues went off over covid fears so no cover for me.
    More work in fact, as started working every weekend as well.
    Nothing major planned, just hopefully get a couple of days of sun if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Seeing spambots, spellcasters and loan shysters getting personal abuse on Facebook threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I gave some cooking apples to a neighbour. Something so small made her so happy.

• Advertisement

This week, for the first time in five whole months, I went grocery shopping :)
    It's a bit mad to think that the last time I was in a shop, I had no clue that I was about to become a hermit :o

Seeing spambots, spellcasters and loan shysters getting personal abuse on Facebook threads.

Don't know what those are - unless it's the obvious interpretation... Must google it...

Burn em at the stake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

My sisters dog is coming to live with me and i'm super happy about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

I went hiking earlier today and found a dog in the middle of nowhere.He was soaked and whining so I took him home.I fed him and have him in front of the heater.People tell me to go to a vet to see if he is chipped which I will do.I am happy for him at the moment.But I am not a dog person and don't know what else to do.Which annoys me!

I went hiking earlier today and found a dog in the middle of nowhere.He was soaked and whining so I took him home.I fed him and have him in front of the heater.People tell me to go to a vet to see if he is chipped which I will do.I am happy for him at the moment.But I am not a dog person and don't know what else to do.Which annoys me!

Yes vet can check for a chip. If your vet isn't open today you can call some local rescues. Loads of them have chip readers as well, as will your local dog warden. I'd recommend a scan through the rescues on Facebook to see if the dog is advertised on any as missing.

Your post has made me happy. I hope if any of my dogs ever get lost they come across someone as kind as you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Yes vet can check for a chip. If your vet isn't open today you can call some local rescues. Loads of them have chip readers as well, as will your local dog warden. I'd recommend a scan through the rescues on Facebook to see if the dog is advertised on any as missing.

Your post has made me happy. I hope if any of my dogs ever get lost they come across someone as kind as you.

My vet isn't open til Monday so I am happy to keep him until then.At the moment he has got his confidence back exploring my flat.But he is someones pet as he knows the sit and lay down commands.Come Monday hopefully I can get him to his home.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Quick trip to the supermarket noticeboard might help, too.

My vet isn't open til Monday so I am happy to keep him until then.At the moment he has got his confidence back exploring my flat.But he is someones pet as he knows the sit and lay down commands.Come Monday hopefully I can get him to his home.

Yeah I'm sure he'll be grand to Monday and hopefully you'll find his owner. I had to mention on my dogs tag that she needs daily medication because she would get extremely sick over only a couple of days without it. Her getting lost is my biggest fear because without her medication she's in serious trouble. I make sure she always has her tag on and it's in huge writing engraved on it! :D Then my number on the other side and my Mam's number just in case they don't get me. Ugh I don't even like thinking about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A drive through West Clare earlier on today

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Twin nephews born yesterday and mama and babies are doing well :D

Congratulations Uncle Seph!!! Delighted for all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Queried

I rang my grandad today, he lives a few hours away. He sounded so pleased that I'd called it made me want to cry with a mixture of happiness and guilt for not calling more frequently!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to the cinema again on Friday after 5 months. I'm going to see Tenet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

branie2 wrote: »
    Going to the cinema again on Friday after 5 months. I'm going to see Tenet.

That's supposed to be very intricate. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Had an absolute s*&t day yes, disappointment and miscommunications from the second I got to work. Being distracted by this I ate something that gave me an allergy headache, made worse by ppl not seeing I was sick and upset added to that it took ages to wind down enough to sleep last pm.

The happy in this is, I finally shook the headache this am by drinking something very cold, even my swollen eye is starting to feel better. Life is so much better when its not corralled in by an allergy headach.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I don’t know why it’s a TH but kids discussing cartoons. He doesn’t like scooby doo now, hates teen titans go now, doesn’t like Spider-Man and others he once loved !
    As he says he’s growing up !
    Then Tom & Jerry come on tv and they go mad ? I love T&J they say ???

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

cj maxx wrote: »
    I don’t know why it’s a TH but kids discussing cartoons. He doesn’t like scooby doo now, hates teen titans go now, doesn’t like Spider-Man and others he once loved !
    As he says he’s growing up !
    Then Tom & Jerry come on tv and they go mad ? I love T&J they say ???

everybody loves T & J

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Went into a Deli in Dungarvan and they had a hand sanitizer that was foot operated.
    First time seeing one of these.
    Wish they were everywhere as I nearly get the heebie jeebies when I see people in front of me using the bottle that most places have.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

blade1 wrote: »
    Went into a Deli in Dungarvan and they had a hand sanitizer that was foot operated.
    First time seen one of these.
    Wish they then everywhere as I nearly get the heebie jeebies when I see people in front of me using the bottle that most places have.

I went to a shop with one of those foot pedal sanitiser. Cue me standing for 5mins wondering where to work it duh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got my degree parchment today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Had two kids in visiting my museum today, and I could just tell by their body language and general demenour that they were fascinated by every bit of it. I do tend to pull out all the stops for the kids, as I feel it is very important for them to get an appreciation for education and history from a young age, but the fact they were so engaging and interested, brings me great job satisfaction.

One of them even wished me a very happy day when they were leaving. What great kids :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Got my degree parchment today :D

thinkology.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Chinese studies?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Sandra Hurley from RTE News is an absolute ride.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

The last five minutes of Muriel’s Wedding. Hilarious and uplifting. Sigh. Great film ending.

Advertisement