Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chicken Fillet Rolls ?

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

So do yous go for the plain, southern fried or spicy chicken folks?

Spicy all the way here. Brown roll too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,555 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Burty330 wrote: »
    Dummy , chicken filltet in a global serch request will produce far more results than hot chicken. ffs who googles hot chicken..

Corkonians desperately trying to find anything, anything at all to push their ridiculous turn of phrase beyond the county boundaries? Because you did clearly google it to get that Mirror article.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

L1011 wrote: »
    If you are unable to read the article.

Does the title say fillet chicken roll?

awec wrote: »
    So do yous go for the plain, southern fried or spicy chicken folks?

Spicy all the way here. Brown roll too.

Southern fried if it’s there but it’s the one I find that shops stock the least. They’ll all have spicy and plain and I’ll opt for the former then.

White, southern fried, butter, mayonnaise, grated cheese, in half. Cheese always has to go in before the chicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Dummy , chicken filltet in a global serch request will produce far more results than hot chicken. ffs who googles hot chicken..

Hot chicken has 1.175 billion search results, chicken fillet has 38 million, try again

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Hot chicken has 1.175 billion search results, chicken fillet has 38 million, try again

You probably googled hot chocolate

You probably googled hot chocolate

That has 1.44Bn

Corkonians cannot ever accept they aren't actually that important to the rest of the country and we're just getting further proof here :pac:

That has 1.44Bn

Corkonians cannot ever accept they aren't actually that important to the rest of the country and we're just getting further proof here :pac:

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Skyscraper-a-game-changer-for-Cork-citys-skyline-ef897107-28ee-48e8-be52-267cda234d97-ds

I know civil servents who turned down promotions in Dublin. One of the worst cities in Europe for traffic congestion. The housing crisis there is an utter disgrace.
    Way over priced. The place in a hellscape and thats coming form somebody who was born there

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Skyscraper-a-game-changer-for-Cork-citys-skyline-ef897107-28ee-48e8-be52-267cda234d97-ds

I know civil servents who turned down promotions in Dublin. One of the worst cities in Europe for traffic congestion. The housing crisis there is an utter disgrace.
    Way over priced. The place in a hellscape and I was born there

I'm not from Dublin.

You just proven that you are only having a Corkonian superiority episode with this surreal name-changing for the hell of it thing.

• Advertisement

I’ve never called it anything but a hot chicken roll, in Galway, Limerick, Cork etc it’s known as a hot chicken roll. I’ve asked for a hot chicken roll in Dublin too plenty of times and always got one.

I'm not from Dublin.

You just proven that you are only having a Corkonian superiority episode with this surreal name-changing for the hell of it thing.

Then state where you are from. Lots of guys in here trashing Cork , yet they don't seem to have the gonads to reveal where they are from

Then state where you are from. Lots of guys in here trashing Cork , yet the don't seem to have the gonads to reveal where they are from

Donegal. Live in Kildare.

Neither is Dublin, and quite importantly neither is Cork either. Neither goes out of their way to generate pointless differences to the rest of the country. And in both if you ask for a "hot chicken roll" you could get given fecking anything.

I’ve never called it anything but a hot chicken roll, in Galway, Limerick, Cork etc it’s known as a hot chicken roll. I’ve asked for a hot chicken roll in Dublin too plenty of times and always got one.

Did you, by any chance, go to college in UCC?

We might be isolating the source of the infection here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Then state where you are from. Lots of guys in here trashing Cork , yet they don't seem to have the gonads to reveal where they are from

im from thurles, i have never heard it called a hot chicken roll. its very easy to dismis you as being from cork but now nox has claimed it too so im not sure where this wierdness is now.
    it just sounds wierd to call it a hot chicken roll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Think it's time for a thread roll poll

Panthro wrote: »
    Think it's time for a thread roll poll

Will swill be one of the options?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Hot chicken breast fillet baguette.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

White crispy roll, butter, egg mayo, lettuce, sundried tomatoes, grated cheese and a southern fried chicken fillet. Everything else is thrash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

sundried tomatoes, .

Ah, an aristocrat, very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Sure we will see how that works out for you....and the poster above you...

I thought you're a scientist Nox? :D

Did you, by any chance, go to college in UCC?

We might be isolating the source of the infection here.

Eating then since 1st year in secondary school Galway and never heard them called anything but hot chicken rolls. That’s what up on the signs in all the deli’s etc also.
    I thought you're a scientist Nox? :D

I am, not sure what your point is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

You really think the 6.5 billion non catholics in the world are "fecked"?

You really think the 6.5 billion non catholics in the world are "fecked"?

Most definitely, they will only find out when it’s too late though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

see that great thing about your god is that if it all turns out to be true , all you have to do is repent all your sins , wipe the slate clean no questions asked no punishment and walking into heaven. i would much rther be in hell with all my friends though

• Advertisement

Are you talking roman catholics?? Where do Baptists, CofI, Lutherans fit in?

Aren't you going to hell anyway, pre marital sex, gluttony, pride, all frowned upon...

see that great thing about your god is that if it all turns out to be true , all you have to do is repent all your sins , wipe the slate clean no questions asked no punishment and walking into heaven. i would much rther be in hell with all my friends though

Don't forget good old simony, just buy your absolution...

A scientist that dismisses the proven health risks of heavy saucing, lack of exercise and eating crap yet believes in something for which there is not a shred of evidence.

Quite the scientist indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,025 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

salonfire wrote: »
    A scientist that dismisses the proven health risks of heavy saucing, lack of exercise and eating crap yet believes in something for which there is not a shred of evidence.

No one believes that a 12 pint session is “good” for you but the way the naïve, 4 pint, minus-craic brigade on here go on your swear no one would ever wake up after a regular 8 pint night.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

No one believes that a 12 pint session is “good” for you but the way the naïve, 4 pint, minus-craic brigade on here go on your swear no one would ever wake up after a regular 8 pint night.

BINGE!!!

6jgnV9N.png

• Advertisement

To be fair, one of irelands most respected physicists lectured at Trinity while being head of the theological society, and saw both things as being intrinsically linked, so science and theism don't necessarily have to be rivals. He never spouted ****e about damnation like noxy though.

Not sure if he liked a chicken fillet roll though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I'd have about 8 beers. In it to win it.

I'd have about 8 beers. In it to win it.

If that’s over a week you might go under the radar of the “fun police” on here.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

If that’s over a week you might go under the radar of the “fun police” on here.

Jesus, no. That's a Friday night. They say (on a Canadian comedy show) that 8 beers is about right. 4 is just a quick few beers, 6 is a good number but 8 beers is the sign of a good night. I'd agree.

Jesus, no. That's a Friday night. They say (on a Canadian comedy show) that 8 beers is about right. 4 is just a quick few beers, 6 is a good number but 8 beers is the sign of a good night. I'd agree.

For me, personally, 8 is a “standard” session. Going out for anything less is both a waste of time, and money.

Now, I’m all for popping into the pub after work for a “couple” is fine. It’s just part of the trip home.

When you hear some of the “talk” on here, you’d swear that 8 pints is some impossible feat than no human could endure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I’m always intrigued by people linking drinking with craic. If you’re a bore with no drink, it’s amplified with sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

What Canadian comedy show? I’m curious

Jamsiek wrote: »
    What Canadian comedy show? I’m curious

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letterkenny_(TV_series)
    Well worth a watch!

Yes I know it but haven’t seen it much.
    I must watch it.
    I live in Vancouver.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Vita nova

I've never had a CFR, although I have had sandwich rolls from the deli counters in small supermarkets, mostly just cheese and salad fillings. I like meat in general but have very little trust in the meat and meat products used for rolls at deli counters.

• Advertisement

When you hear some of the “talk” on here, you’d swear that 8 pints is some impossible feat than no human could endure.

8 is an enjoyable session and perfectly harmless if the rest of your week is relatively clean.

But for nox, 8 is just the start of a session, to be followed by shorts well into the night. Then up early the next day for a dirty fry and start the pints again.

Then follows a week of take-aways for dinner and chicken rolls for lunch.

I'm sorry, but that type of life-style is poisonous as the science well proves it. Science that scientist nox dismisses of course because it does not suit his narrative.

Then he believes in Catholic teachings - without a shred of evidence - again but it just suit the narrative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Then he believes in Catholic teachings - without a shred of evidence - again but it just suit the narrative.

I have my doubts about that

The second of the seven deadly sins is gluttony

tuxy wrote: »
    I have my doubts about that

The second of the seven deadly sins is gluttony

Mmmmmm, gluttony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

8 is an enjoyable session and perfectly harmless if the rest of your week is relatively clean.

But for nox, 8 is just the start of a session, to be followed by shorts well into the night. Then up early the next day for a dirty fry and start the pints again.

Then follows a week of take-aways for dinner and chicken rolls for lunch.

I'm sorry, but that type of life-style is poisonous as the science well proves it. Science that scientist nox dismisses of course because it does not suit his narrative.

What’s it to you, though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Getting to the stage where a separate forum solely dedicated to discussing Nox's drinking might be an idea.

The topic is coming up frequently in increasingly unrelated threads.

RWCNT wrote: »
    Getting to the stage where a separate forum solely dedicated to discussing Nox's drinking might be an idea.

The topic is coming up frequently in increasingly unrelated threads.

The poor souls can’t get over something that doesn’t affect them.

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    What’s it to you, though?

I think it’s a reaction to his comment that all non-Catholics are going to burn in hell.
    I never thought a discussion about sandwiches would turn into this

The poor souls can’t get over something that doesn’t affect them.

People with very little “going on” in their lives can be, quite, intolerant of others having fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Jamsiek wrote: »
    I think it’s a reaction to his comment that all non Catholics are going to burn in hell

Well that’s what Catholics believe. Better that than the “bouncy castle Catholics” you see nowadays.

• Advertisement

People with very little “going on” in their lives can be, quite, intolerant of others having fun.

Like said poster telling people that eating meat on Ash Wednesday is “PRETTY LOW”

Advertisement