Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Fillet Rolls ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Big lumps alright but not like the mayo in a paint drum, ughhh the end of it would be gank you’d nearly puke !!

Not really, no.
    They go through so much of it, it does not stay in the drum long enough to go off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

*I'm still not used to the fact that what we call a roll is not what they call a roll and what they call a roll is not a roll, it's a bun if anything.[/QUOTE]

same thing in the US - depending on where you are it can be a hoagie, a roll, a sub, a hero, a wedge or a grinder .

I stopped going to Subway when they insisted on toasting my order even though I specifically ask for it not to be toasted. Also for getting the 'eyes' for asking for mayo on first :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Chicken Fillet Rolls are glorious on occasion.
    Just make sure the chicken goes in first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Did you want it for free?

No,read my post.
    It was 4 euro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Not really, no.
    They go through so much of it, it does not stay in the drum long enough to go off.

Depends on how busy the deli is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

The chicken comes from China, it's bagged up in huge bags and can be got in Musgrave's.

Dirt cheap.

Thailand usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

If you saw how they put together the “chicken” you might want to keep your money in your pocket and get him an apple.
    There's always one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Is this the new equivalent of the breakfast roll, for people who think it's less fattening because it's chicken?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

This may we’ll be true but it shouldn’t be too much to ask that the chicken in the fillet be chicken breast and not shaped from a sludge of “reclaimed” meat.

Boucher-Hayes covered how they make the chicken fillet on his “food” show. It was not pretty

Are you taking about the breaded fillets on these deli counters? If so, they’re usually whole muscle, not reconstituted meat. The diced chicken will be what you’re talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Had the difficult decision this morning of Chicken Fillet roll or Breakfast roll...

After much pondering went with the former.

I don't regret my decision :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Had a lovely one this week in Whitehall.

First one in about 5 years I'd say

Is this the new equivalent of the breakfast roll, for people who think it's less fattening because it's chicken?

Nope. It’s more of a lunch time thing.

Unless you’ve a raging hangover of course. Then a chicken roll, bag of Keogh’s, and bottle of Pepsi is manna.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Beaks and feet minced lads.beaks and feet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Had the difficult decision this morning of Chicken Fillet roll or Breakfast roll...

After much pondering went with the former.

I don't regret my decision :)

My initial thought is to combine both.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Worked in a Deli for years and have no problem putting anything a Customer wants on a CF Roll provided they are prepared to pay for it.
    You want a Fresh Cooked Irish Chicken Fillet in your Roll then no problem, but are you willing to pay for it? €3 for that alone before you even add a Roll.
    Where do you think the rest of the Chicken goes if you only want the Fillets?
    Irish Chicken Farmers and Producers deserve a fair price for their product, what about the cost to put a coating on it, the cost of cooking, the staff that cook and serve it also need to be paid, the shop has to pay rent and rates, insurance etc.
    Even the reformed chicken has all these costs but there is a limit to what fits on a Roll and if the CF Roll says 3 fillings then 3 it is and anybody that tries to bully a kid into putting on more needs to look at themselves.
    If more of the owners and managers were willing to bar these idiots the better. greedy b'stards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Beaks and feet minced lads.beaks and feet.

MMM,crunchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

It is the chicken that should be heated, not the discussion here. Few posts deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

You have never worked in a deli or shop I take it, I’d say they hate seeing you walk in the door, it’s as bad as taking out your coins in a big que and count them on the counter instead of being ready and put it into their(cashiers )hand, I also think it’s greedy but that’s just me.

In my delis days, we all knew the greedy fuckers who took the piss. Thing is, they got away with it because we couldn’t really tell them when enough was enough. They knew that and exploited it. But were known as greedy fuckers. And there wasn’t that many of them. Definitely less than five out of our lunch regulars.

In my delis days, we all knew the greedy fuckers who took the piss. Thing is, they got away with it because we couldn’t really tell them when enough was enough. They knew that and exploited it. But were known as greedy fuckers. And there wasn’t that many of them. Definitely less than five out of our lunch regulars.

How is it greedy getting what you want on your roll, I never heard such nonsense.

Like one of the delis I go into has 5 fillings for 3.95 as one of its standard rolls. I go there 2 or 3 times a week for a hot chicken roll and it’s always made fast and easily, no issues.

I can’t believe the cheek of some people who don’t appear to want to do the job they are paid for, make me the sandwich I want.

How is it greedy getting what you want on your roll, I never heard such nonsense.

Like one of the delis I go into has 5 fillings for 3.95 as one of its standard rolls. I go there 2 or 3 times a week for a hot chicken roll and it’s always made fast and easily, no issues.

I can’t believe the cheek of some people who don’t appear to want to do the job they are paid for, make me the sandwich I want.

I and another former deli worker are telling you our experience. By the way, I’ve never known of any deli where you can get endless fillings.

But okay, say a standard roll is meat + two salads for €3.99. Or whatever price. You don’t think there should be a limit on the amount of each of those salads? Or the meat? You should you be able to get as much of each as you want? The Tom Green sketch posted earlier in the thread is an exaggerated version but shows how ridiculous the notion is.

Most people employ common sense and realise that there is a limit. But, like I said, there are the pisstakers who don’t and know well what they are doing. And if they’re regulars, they will be known by the staff and it will be commented upon (amongst staff) and there’s not much they can do about it. Well, they could be less greedy but that probably won’t happen.

And like I said, most people weren’t greedy so the greedy people really distinguished themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

No butter, mayo and lettuce is the only way, 4.20 is average with or without extras within reason,A well run deli can have up to 55% profit margin

A well run deli should be making A lot more than 55 % charging 4.20.

I and another former deli worker are telling you our experience. By the way, I’ve never known of any deli where you can get endless fillings.

But okay, say a standard roll is meat + two salads for €3.99. Or whatever price. You don’t think there should be a limit on the amount of each of those salads? Or the meat? You should you be able to get as much of each as you want? The Tom Green sketch posted earlier in the thread is an exaggerated version but shows how ridiculous the notion is.

Most people employ common sense and realise that there is a limit. But, like I said, there are the pisstakers who don’t and know well what they are doing. And if they’re regulars, they will be known by the staff and it will be commented upon (amongst staff) and there’s not much they can do about it. Well, they could be less greedy but that probably won’t happen.

And like I said, most people weren’t greedy so the greedy people really distinguished themselves.

Bingo !

skinny90 wrote: »
    A well run deli should be making A lot more than 55 % charging 4.20.

That’s simply a naive statement, and completely wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭H.20v3

Bingo !

Please don't say Bingo to make a point

It's really annoying

I’ve never got a roll with only meat and 2 salads, sure that’s only half a sandwich. I expect to be able to get as many salads as I want and not pay extra. Not as much of any salad as I want but as many as I want. I’ve very rarely if ever paid any more than 4.50 for a roll and generally it’s around 4 euro.

Naturally if you get more fillings you get a bit less of each, that’s fine but charging for extra fillings is madness they cost so little compared to the price you are paying for the roll.

People don’t appear to want to do their job, luckily I don’t encounter these as any of the places I frequent (multiples time’s per week) put on everything I want, have a chat and a laugh etc as I’m a regular none of this awful customer service some want to promote.

H.20v3 wrote: »
    Please don't say Bingo to make a point

It's really annoying

Bingo

I’ve never got a roll with only meat and 2 salads, sure that’s only half a sandwich. I expect to be able to get as many salads as I want and not pay extra. Not as much of any salad as I want but as many as I want. I’ve very rarely if ever paid any more than 4.50 for a roll and generally it’s around 4 euro.

Naturally if you get more fillings you get a bit less of each, that’s fine but charging for extra fillings is madness they cost so little compared to the price you are paying for the roll.

People don’t appear to want to do their job, luckily I don’t encounter these as any of the places I frequent (multiples time’s per week) put on everything I want, have a chat and a laugh etc as I’m a regular none of this awful customer service some want to promote.

Not to your face but look maybe your deli is unique, but I’ve worked in over 20 of them and I can honestly tell you what I’ve said is true, you don’t ask a Barman to put a pint in a glass

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Not to your face but look maybe your deli is unique, but I’ve worked in over 20 of them and I can honestly tell you what I’ve said is true, you don’t ask a Barman to put a pint in a glass

i have received a lot more mean and stingy rolls from delis than i have witnessed customers asking for extra fillings.

i have received a lot more mean and stingy rolls from delis than i have witnessed customers asking for extra fillings.

I doubt you’ve monitored it that closely. Whereas somebody who has worked in a deli has seen a lot.

• Advertisement

Aaaah, like I said, deli staff will usually oblige. But they absolutely know who the greedy ones are amongst the regulars. Maybe you aren’t one of them but they exist, believe me. In the end, it doesn’t really matter because the customer gets what they want. They probably don’t care what the staff thinks of them.

And can I just say, for front-line service staff, there nothing worse than the “I’m a regular here” customer. Yeah, you and a whole other pile of people. You’re not special. People can’t grasp that the world doesn’t revolve around them. Being a regular is the standard for delis, not the exception.

Advertisement