Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

liamog wrote: »
    Got them fitted by Electric Autos, figured I'd support an EV business, was 23 a corner including disposal.

23... That’s quite low for a tire. Unless you put a wheel barrow ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

peposhi wrote: »
    23... That’s quite low for a tire. Unless you put a wheel barrow ones :)

Bought tyres online - and the 23 euros was just for fittinfun????

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jeditraining1

jeremy_g wrote: »
    that was just a rumour around 2017/18 which was never confirmed or denied by Hyundai. so far there is no planned upgrade :(

It was made available in the US but surprisingly low uptake. We will see. The space for update is in the boot.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Posted a few pages back,

Continental AllSeason Contacts, they were €88 each from EireTyre. Then ElectricAutos to fit, balance etc and dispose of the old ones for €23 each.

Mainly picked them for performance reasons on wet roads and to cover for a couple of weeks of snowy weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,933 ✭✭✭✭unkel

And you posted test results too, which were pretty impressive. I'll most likely go for them too. I'll get my local place to quote me. I only need 2 though, I wonder is it a bad idea to have 2 summers and 2 all seasons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

unkel wrote: »
    And you posted test results too, which were pretty impressive. I'll most likely go for them too. I'll get my local place to quote me. I only need 2 though, I wonder is it a bad idea to have 2 summers and 2 all seasons?

It wouldn't be ideal but you would be aware they are there.

New tyres on the rear as they say....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

I need 2 new on the rear now as well, just under the 80,000km mark, so remarkable use out of the initial pair that came on it. Changed the front ones a few months ago.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

I need 2 new on the rear now as well, just under the 80,000km mark, so remarkable use out of the initial pair that came on it. Changed the front ones a few months ago.

Surely the fronts were the second pair?

New tyres on the rear as they say....

Yep, so it will be a while until I get the grip I want :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Surely the fronts were the second pair?

Well the pair that’s on it now are the second pair. Think I posted about it at the time. Be going in for a service after Christmas so probably get them all done then.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

1. Fiery mutant - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171WH
    2. liamog - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171D
    3. zale - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black 171WH
    4. unkel - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171D
    5. Mope - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171D
    6. thelikelylad - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171C
    7. woppers - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171WX
    8. don't be at yourself - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171D
    9. Ballylad - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171CW
    10. Coconut Joe - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172D
    11. Macker - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue - 181D
    12. Fermi - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172MO
    13. Johnnyjohnjohns - Ioniq BEV - Aurora Silver - 172D
    14. this.lad - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172
    15. CarefulNow! - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172D
    16. Moreilly - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172KE
    17. Neleven - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172 WW
    18. DglFlyer -Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171 CE
    19. jeremy_g - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171WW
    20. miamee - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue - 172D
    21. Cocolola - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172G
    22. RonanFarrell - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172G
    23. rgunning - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171D
    24. Doc el brown - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172WW
    25. Fitz213 - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171D
    26. lafors - Ioniq BEV - - 181D
    27. squishey - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 181D
    28. Ewan Hoosarmi - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 181?
    29. peaceboi - Ioniq BEV - Blazing Yellow - 171D
    30. ELM427 - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black 171MH
    31. irishgrover - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue - 181 G
    32. fricatus - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 181
    33. zg3409 - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue 171 G (Dublin area)
    34. BigAl81 - Ioniq BEV - White - 191-D

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

patmac wrote: »
    Can I join this club, just purchased a 191 Aurora Silver, delighted and thanks for all the help here.

#metoo 191RN

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

And me! Ioniq Polar White. 181 W (Purchased in September)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Hi all,

Found this ioniq H E R E .
    Can i say confidently that it will be kind of top specs for the model,please !?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Yes, is the answer to that!

I guess 2 winter and 2 all-season isnt quite as bad as two winter and 2 summer but I'd imagine the theory is the same... dont mix.

rolion wrote: »
    Hi all,

Found this ioniq H E R E .
    Can i say confidently that it will be kind of top specs for the model,please !?

Thanks

Yes, the car in your link is the Premium SE. That spec isn’t available on the Ioniqs sold in Ireland, but am guessing that you’re interested in buying in the UK.
    I have one, and am very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Fishy1 wrote: »
    And me! Ioniq Polar White. 181 W (Purchased in September)
    Congrats! I guess that means there are only 3 left in Ireland then! No more till end of Feb!

deegs wrote: »
    Congrats! I guess that means there are only 3 left in Ireland then! No more till end of Feb!

Not sure about that! I bought mine from an Irish Hyundai dealer who had imported it from the UK.

KCross wrote: »
    Yes, is the answer to that!

He has the winters on the front (driven wheels)*, which is probably a lot worse than the other way around. But yeah, grip imbalance is probably not a great idea. I'll check how far all tyres are gone before I make a decision...

*yuk a FWD BMW :( but that's the stuff for another thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Not sure about that! I bought mine from an Irish Hyundai dealer who had imported it from the UK.
    Ah, right.. I'm talking about remaining stock from the Korean boat in Nov.
    Enjoy all the same :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Hi All,

Appreciate some feedback on the likely experience here.

My ICE is nearing end of life. I have been trying to hold out for some better range electric vehicles but my hand may be forced soon.

I really like the Ioniq but realise it may not be suitable for my commute. Would love to hear what the likely experience would be.

115km each way, consisting of :

80km motorway speed no traffic, 35km 60-80kmph or often bumper to bumper. Same again on way home in the evening.

Awkward possibility of a granny charger at work. 4 X public chargers short drive away.

In people's experience what would you expect my charging needs to be? Would it be too optimistic to rely on the nearby public chargers? Would a lunch time charge on these get me home? 22kw chargers.

TIA

Jumpa

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Ballylad

Anyone get any trade in prices against kona ev for 171 Ioniq ev thnks

OK...
    My issue is that i'm leasing a business van under contract for couple of years and i can change the van to any other car i like but ...it has to be supplied in Ireland. So, you are saying that if i approach an Irish dealer he can "import" that car for me then my leasing company can "buy it " of them !?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

OK...
    My issue is that i'm leasing a business van under contract for couple of years and i can change the van to any other car i like but ...it has to be supplied in Ireland. So, you are saying that if i approach an Irish dealer he can "import" that car for me then my leasing company can "buy it " of them !?

Loads of Irish garages are importing UK cars.

They then vrt them usually when sold.

Hi All,

My ICE is nearing end of life. I have been trying to hold out for some better range electric vehicles but my hand may be forced soon.

I really like the Ioniq but realise it may not be suitable for my commute. Would love to hear what the likely experience would be.

80km motorway speed no traffic, 35km 60-80kmph or often bumper to bumper. Same again on way home in the evening.

Awkward possibility of a granny charger at work. 4 X public chargers short drive away.

In people's experience what would you expect my charging needs to be? Would it be too optimistic to rely on the nearby public chargers? Would a lunch time charge on these get me home? 22kw chargers.

TIA

Jumpa

Not sure about others here but myself without a personal / private charger at home will not have "survived" the presence of my wife today.
    Until we got the home charger approved and installed,i had to freeze in the car,almost every night, at every possible public chargers around my home.

I could say that without a home charger you are leaving openly exposed to elements,out of your control and possible,making the whole EV experience a cold offline chase chargers challenge ...

Not sure about others here but myself without a personal / private charger at home will not have "survived" the presence of my wife today.
    Until we got the home charger approved and installed,i had to freeze in the car,almost every night, at every possible public chargers around my home.

I could say that without a home charger you are leaving openly exposed to elements,out of your control and possible,making the whole EV experience a cold offline chase chargers challenge ...

I was probably baking in a home charger into the equation. The work charger / mid commute is the main problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Hi All,

TIA

Jumpa

You need a longer range EV like Kona EV or eNiro that can do the return trip without a stop. You're looking at €38k there though! :)
    or
    Get work to install a proper charge point for you and then you could buy an Ioniq, Leaf (30 or 40kWh) or Zoe or eGolf.
    or
    Stick with ICE

Dont buy an EV to then rely on public chargers. Bad idea.

115km each way

You won't be able to do that in Ioniq in winter. Or in any other EV either, except the Teslas and the Kona 64kWh (and the upcoming eNiro 64kWh)

I'd strongly advice against having to rely on public charging on a daily basis, unless there is an Ionity charger on your route (these don't exist yet, planning permission is granted for the first one)

Can your employer not install a charger? Even pay for it yourself? Your fuel savings will be enormous with a commute like that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi All,

TIA

Jumpa

If you can granny charge during the day while in work, then an ioniq will be perfect.
    Forget about relying on public charge points, it will get tired and annoying real quick and they will be charging for the use by next year.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    If you can granny charge during the day while in work, then an ioniq will be perfect.
    Forget about relying on public charge points, it will get tired and annoying real quick and they will be charging for the use by next year.

Any forecasts of how many hours granny charging I would need?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement