Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,062 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Sweet deal for €26k :D

Well wear!

Anyone care to dig up the boards.ie Ioniq EV owners list and update it? We must be getting close to 40 of us now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

unkel wrote: »
    Sweet deal for €26k :D

Jasus, if Unkel is telling me I did well I must have gotten the car for half nothing ;)

Actually, does anyone know, can I set a timer to preheat the car (seats, steering wheel etc) and have pre-heat come on when the car is not plugged in?

I can't' see anything about it in the manual.

Thanks,
    Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Had a choice of black or white and went white. Had a black car for 5 years so just fancied a chance!

Reading the 550 page manual now!

Is that online?

Actually, does anyone know, can I set a timer to preheat the car (seats, steering wheel etc) and have pre-heat come on when the car is not plugged in?

Yep, you can pre-heat the car on the timer, but the car has to be plugged in. Works well. Not sure if that includes seats / steering wheel. I don't think so. But who needs a heated seat when the inside temp is 23C :D

Another tip: connect the car to your home's wifi. Once you have done that once, as soon as you switch on the car every morning, it will automatically connect and update live traffic info. Takes just a few seconds.

Jasus, if Unkel is telling me I did well I must have gotten the car for half nothing ;)

It's insane that Hyundai are still giving away €4k scrappage on end of life cars (like yours and mine were). But I guess we are not complaining :D

In the USA there is zero discount, in fact all Ioniq EVs sold there are loaded with a USD3,000 premium on top of the full recommended retail price (because they can - big demand out there and little to no supply and Ioniq is still cheaper than Leaf or Bolt, or indeed a lot cheaper than Model 3)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Yep, you can pre-heat the car on the timer, but the car has to be plugged in. Works well. Not sure if that includes seats / steering wheel. I don't think so..

This is the greatest limitation on the Ioniq for herself, having the Leaf and pre-heating at this time of the year (often multiple times a day) is a feature she would never live without now.
    Hopefully the larger battery Ioniq will coincide with a Hyundai GSM deal to allow full remote of the heating/Air con

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    This is the greatest limitation on the Ioniq for herself, having the Leaf and pre-heating at this time of the year (often multiple times a day) is a feature she would never live without now.

Pre-heating does work!

There is no app though in Europe (there is in the USA)

But even if you don't use it, the car warms up extremely quickly thanks to its 7kW heatpump which is crazy powerful for such a small space

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I meant remote App pre-heating/AC on a whim, I know it works in the US and hence the GSM comment as I thought I read/heard somewhere that Hyundai had signed up some European deal

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

slave1 wrote: »
    I meant remote App pre-heating/AC on a whim, I know it works in the US and hence the GSM comment as I thought I read/heard somewhere that Hyundai had signed up some European deal

Hyundai/Kia have signed a deal with Vodafone for fleet services, will probably be summer next year when we start seeing apps for their vehicles

patmac wrote: »
    Is that online?

Yeah, I Googled it and found this...

https://carmanuals2.com/get/hyundai-ioniq-electric-2019-owner-s-manual-112530

• Advertisement

Hi,

Is anyone worried about theft of your Ioniq by boosting the signal from your key in the house to the car on the drive?

Seems common enough in other cars?

Have people disabled keyless entry? Do you stash your keys in a Faraday pouch overnight? What if your down the shops?

Thanks,
    Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Hi,

Is anyone worried about theft of your Ioniq by boosting the signal from your key in the house to the car on the drive?

Seems common enough in other cars?

Have people disabled keyless entry? Do you stash your keys in a Faraday pouch overnight? What if your down the shops?

Thanks,
    Al.

Just disable it....Or as my friend said, "let them take it if they want it, stay outside of my house "

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Just disable it....Or as my friend said, "let them take it if they want it, stay outside of my house "

Apparently it's not possible to disable on the Ioniq or Kona.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,639 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Saw two Ioniq electrics on my way to work today, both around blanchardstown.
    A white 181 MH with rear window duck taped on, and a black 171 (same as mine). After seeing a shiny new white model X yesterday in traffic in Blanch too, and a myriad of leafs, I really think the EV market is growing this year and finally we seem to be getting some Ioniqs sold to counteract those pesky leafs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

ELM327 wrote: »
    After seeing a shiny new white model X yesterday in traffic in Blanch too, and a myriad of leafs, I really think the EV market is growing this year and finally we seem to be getting some Ioniqs sold to counteract those pesky leafs :P

No doubt, it's a VERY rare day that I don't pass another EV on the road now. This chart is pretty telling I think - https://www.reddit.com/r/evs_ireland/comments/9wnxgi/cumulative_electric_vehicle_sales_trend_ireland/, looking forward to seeing what it looks like mid next year as things continue to pick up. Though it looks so impressive because the sales figures were so abysmal in the past :rolleyes:

Zenith74 wrote: »
    No doubt, it's a VERY rare day that I don't pass another EV on the road now. This chart is pretty telling I think - https://www.reddit.com/r/evs_ireland/comments/9wnxgi/cumulative_electric_vehicle_sales_trend_ireland/, looking forward to seeing what it looks like mid next year as things continue to pick up. Though it looks so impressive because the sales figures were so abysmal in the past :rolleyes:
    As someone who works with statistics that graph annoys me.
    You have used a continuous graph for non continuous data.

I haven't used anything, that's from the CSO via DCCAE :). But as somebody who does not work with statistics, can you explain your point in more detail, I'm curious?

The points are not continuous, ie there is no value between the total for 1 month vs the next (or one day to the next whatever the source data is)
    Continuous data requires data for day 1, day 1.01 etc, data like the total car sales for each month should be expressed in something like a bar chart.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The points are not continuous, ie there is no value between the total for 1 month vs the next (or one day to the next whatever the source data is)
    Continuous data requires data for day 1, day 1.01 etc, data like the total car sales for each month should be expressed in something like a bar chart.

I think its normal enough practice to show it as a line to convey a trend.

I'm sure the CSO know a thing or two about graphs! :)

Oh gotcha, so if they'd just used a dot for each month that would be correct (but hard to read, so bar chart would be better), but by joining up the dots and forming a line they're basically interpolating the data between those points. Think for your average statistically challenging grunt like me these line charts paint a good picture, but I can see where a connoisseur might not like it :)

• Advertisement

KCross wrote: »
    I think its normal enough practice to show it as a line to convey a trend.

I'm sure the CSO know a thing or two about graphs! :)
    Zenith74 wrote: »
    Oh gotcha, so if they'd just used a dot for each month that would be correct (but hard to read, so bar chart would be better), but by joining up the dots and forming a line they're basically interpolating the data between those points. Think for your average statistically challenging grunt like me these line charts paint a good picture, but I can see where a connoisseur might not like it :)

Guess I'm just a nerd so. Apologies. :cool::D

I really think the EV market is growing this year

Total number of EVs on the road at the end of this year is about double that at the end of last year. In other words 100% growth! Still small numbers though. Less than 0.4% of our private vehicles are EVs

What's far more telling is some anecdotal evidence. I'm sure many of you will have experienced this too. At the end of last year, the idea of owning an EV was still very strange to most people. At the end of this year, pretty much everybody has realised we will all be driving EVs soon enough. 2018 was the year of the definitive switch to EVs imho

2018 was the year where people accepted that the switch will happen.
    IMO the year of the switch will be 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

So my buddy bought a new Ioniq PHEV a couple of weeks back, collected it on the 17th.
    Warning light this morning en route from Dublin to Cork. Hybrid System Failure or something.
    Rang the dealer. They told him not to drive it, and to ring the AA.

Not a great start. Would he be within his rights to hand it back and look for a 191?

2018 was the year where people accepted that the switch will happen.
    IMO the year of the switch will be 2020.

How do you define "the year of the switch"?

The percentage of EVs sold will still be only small. Hopefully out of the single figures, but almost certainly below 25%, even if we got widely available EVs for €20-€30k and the Model 3 for below €40k

How do you define "the year of the switch"?

The percentage of EVs sold will still be only small. Hopefully out of the single figures, but almost certainly below 25%, even if we got widely available EVs for €20-€30k and the Model 3 for below €40k
    I would define the year of the switch as the year when EVs go from <1% to a larger part of the market. Realistically I could go 100+ cars and not see any EV at the moment, it's still a novelty to see any EV other than a gen 1/1.5 leaf.

When its at the 1 in 10 stage, that's the year of the EV.

When its at the 1 in 10 stage, that's the year of the EV.

Over 10% of newly registered cars being EVs? Yeah that would be 2020, agreed.

Soarer wrote: »
    Would he be within his rights to hand it back and look for a 191?

Of course not. You kinda knew that already, didn't you? ;)

When anything you buy develops a fault, it is up to the supplier to either refund, repair or replace it (their choice).

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Legits

Hi All, long time luker.
    I am looking at the 2019 Ioniq. What is the best price i can expect to negotiate?
    I have a 2007 diesel Passat to trade/scrap.

My commute is 90km each way 180 total on National roads. I have charging at work and plan to install a home charger.

Any tips on the car and negotiating the purchase would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement

BigAl81 on here just got a 2019 Ioniq for €26k on the road (solid white paint) with scrappage. See a few posts up. That was a great deal. That's what you should be aiming for.

I got mine in 2017 for €25k on the road (metallic paint) with scrappage. I don't think anyone has beaten that and I expect no one will beat that in 2019 either :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement