Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

spookwoman wrote: »
    Woman in front of me at the P0 on Thursday was posting off an item asked how long it would take (somewhere in ireland) and was told 4 days even with express. That was Thursday morning so god knows what it is now.

So why the hell would they sell the express service?
    Either you want something there tomorrow or you don't care when it arrives

Regulator already told off An Post for some of their ridiculous prices - An Post being one of the most expensive postal services in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

I cancelled a shipped Amazon order that was fulfilled by Amazon which was last seen in Liverpool 5 days before the prime delivery date. 2 days after the due date I went on chat and got a refund. The next day I got an an post tracking text.
    Do you think this item will be returned to Amazon or arrive at the house?
    I have no problem contacting Amazon to say it has arrived and get the money deducted again. The problem is if I were to buy it again it has shot up in price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

fritzelly wrote: »
    Regulator already told off An Post for some of their ridiculous prices - An Post being one of the most expensive postal services in Europe

Can you provide a link?

For many services Royal Mail are more expensive, similarly France and Germany.

Where I work we have facilities in these locations and I know the comparative costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

jonny_b wrote: »
    I cancelled a shipped Amazon order that was fulfilled by Amazon which was last seen in Liverpool 5 days before the prime delivery date. 2 days after the due date I went on chat and got a refund. The next day I got an an post tracking text.
    Do you think this item will be returned to Amazon or arrive at the house?
    I have no problem contacting Amazon to say it has arrived and get the money deducted again. The problem is if I were to buy it again it has shot up in price

No most people have said you just get to keep the goods for free
    Edit sorry I’m not sure if you actually cancelled your order before it was due? That might change things

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    No most people have said you just get to keep the goods for free
    Edit sorry I’m not sure if you actually cancelled your order before it was due? That might change things

I cancelled a few days after it was due. It said it may be lost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

jonny_b wrote: »
    I cancelled a few days after it was due. It said it may be lost

I got the same, refund received the other day and goods due for delivery in the next day or 2. It’s only €35 but I suppose Amazon letting you keep the goods for free keeps you happy and gets you back shopping with them

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Darc19 wrote: »
    Can you provide a link?

Where I work we have facilities in these locations and I know the comparative costs.

Found this https://www.herald.ie/news/an-post-is-slammed-for-its-cross-border-parcel-delivery-cost-39732153.html

Their track and trace system costs are taking the p*ss.

My small package that was due on Thursday is still in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

Found this https://www.herald.ie/news/an-post-is-slammed-for-its-cross-border-parcel-delivery-cost-39732153.html

Their prices are beyond ridiculous! I have started using parcel2go for small packages and parcels. Better service and better pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Gally79 wrote: »
    Their prices are beyond ridiculous! I have started using parcel2go for small packages and parcels. Better service and better pricing.

This might be a push for amazon to increase their delivery service here especially for the christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,318 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Gally79 wrote: »

Surely thats what An Post wants people to do. With their pricing how can they want business?

Management must be well pissed they can't keep shutting things down and getting rid of postmen because of the increase in online shopping.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭VG31

Darc19 wrote: »
    Can you provide a link?

An Post 2 kg registered parcel to Europe: €40
    Royal Mail 2kg tracked & signed parcel to Europe: £15

UPS 2kg parcel to Europe: €23
    DPD 2kg parcel to Europe: €21 (for some countries)

An Post are outrageously expensive for anything bigger than a packet size. I use UPS and sometimes Nightline or DPD for anything large.

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    I got the same, refund received the other day and goods due for delivery in the next day or 2. It’s only €35 but I suppose Amazon letting you keep the goods for free keeps you happy and gets you back shopping with them

The item.i ordered is around €118

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LfcIreland

Ping2132 wrote: »
    My package has being stuck on departed dublin airpor since last week and has no update anyone any idea whats going on and when I should recive it and if the tracking will update

Hey did your tracker update yet? Im waiting a week now with no update on tracker irish side

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod-LfcIreland and Munstermunch. You're going around in circles with the same questions to people who posted weeks ago. An Post are snowed under and generally leave non EU deliveries at the back of the queue. Contact An Post for further information.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LfcIreland

Hi by any chance did your tracking update ? Im expecting a similar package to yours and mine was scanned 10 minutes ahead of yours.

Im in the very same situation, mine scanned on that time too.

Tracking hasnt updated at all since geting to dublin.

Has your's updated yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JamieTra2017

LfcIreland wrote: »
    Im in the very same situation, mine scanned on that time too.

Tracking hasnt updated at all since geting to dublin.

Has your's updated yet?

Nope still the same. Atleast we are not the only ones. Another person here is in the same situation. Im hopefull now they should be out for this week. I doubt they have lost 3 seperate people packages. International was probably last on their list as they were over loades from amazon etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

I wonder will An Post start doing Saturday deliveries earlier this year and if they’ll do Sundays too? Might be the only way to help clear the backlog although the volume of parcels will only get worse from here on out!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭deisedav

I wonder will An Post start doing Saturday deliveries earlier this year and if they’ll do Sundays too? Might be the only way to help clear the backlog although the volume of parcels will only get worse from here on out!

They are already doing Saturdays here, had a package delivered yesterday from them. It was a week a half late. Also received a package mid week which was over a week late . The ones coming from abroad are taking longest to process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

Got a sunday delivery myself, both packages delivered earlier than expected, other one came on Friday and bother were expected Monday.
    Delighted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Parcels are already being delivered on Saturdays in most areas. The 3 Saturdays in December will be full nationwide delivery both letters and parcels, no talk of Sundays yet. (except probably Dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Parcels are already being delivered on Saturdays in most areas. The 3 Saturdays in December will be full nationwide delivery both letters and parcels, no talk of Sundays yet. (except probably Dublin).
    got a delivery today by an post. Carlow/Laois Area

votecounts wrote: »
    got a delivery today by an post. Carlow/Laois Area

Also got a parcel delivery today in the same area, the good side of the bridge, the Dunnes side

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

gerard2210 wrote: »

Cheers for that, I didn’t realise that parcels were already being delivered in some places on Saturdays, our postie only comes around in the van Mon-Fri :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Domestic delivery today in North East Wicklow, from An Post.
    I don't remember the Christmas overtime starting this early before - maybe related to the backlog issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Ger Roe wrote: »
    Domestic delivery today in North East Wicklow, from An Post.
    I don't remember the Christmas overtime starting this early before - maybe related to the backlog issue?

Possibly but not entirely... For the last 2/3 weeks we've been asked about working sunday's..Early covid we were out seven days a week.. really depends on the local DSU and how many drivers want to go into work on the sunday (aswell as the saturday). Worked two weeks in a row with one day off and then worked another two weeks myself:eek:. We are doing as much as we can on the local level!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 greenfields46!

i have just seen my post man out delivering! so deffo doing Sundays in some areas anyway, i am waiting for a package from uk left tues 10th and still not received by an post, anyone else waiting this long from UK its a birthday present😳

• Registered Users Posts: 6,318 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

i have just seen my post man out delivering! so deffo doing Sundays in some areas anyway, i am waiting for a package from uk left tues 10th and still not received by an post, anyone else waiting this long from UK its a birthday present��

Daughter sent a parcel from the UK to us here in Waterford and it took THREE WEEKS.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭VG31

i have just seen my post man out delivering! so deffo doing Sundays in some areas anyway, i am waiting for a package from uk left tues 10th and still not received by an post, anyone else waiting this long from UK its a birthday present��

5 days is nothing compared to how long many people are waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Seems like a bull**** article to me , the heading states a parcel, the first line says a packet and the 2nd line it mentions a 1kg track and trace letter of which there is no such thing, you can’t have a 1 kg letter.
    So EH which one is it?
    For a packet or a parcel up to 2kg including insurance And track and trace and 2-3 day delivery it’s €13 and €14 for next day so where they get €18.50 I have no idea

Advertisement