Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Currently up to 9 days delay, but in saying that many items are delivered in two days. Seems to be a particular issue with parcels from 29th & 30th.

They received over twice last April's peak and volumes they never thought possible. The figures are in the millions from last week.

Naas alone handled over 70,000 parcels, the previous peak was just over 40,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭swarmberg

Can you get a refund on express post if it doesn't get delivered the next working day within Ireland? Sent a letter last week and only arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

Had something turn up today from Amazon that was ordered on 27 October and they had already refunded as it was 'lost'.

Monday, 9 November
    Out for delivery
    TULLAMORE D.S.U.,

Saturday, 31 October
    Package has shipped
    Dunfermline, Fife UK

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

swarmberg wrote: »
    Can you get a refund on express post if it doesn't get delivered the next working day within Ireland? Sent a letter last week and only arrived this morning.

Not sure about that, you might need to read through their labyrinth of T&Cs .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Gally79 wrote: »
    Not sure about that, you might need to read through their labyrinth of T&Cs .

It may also be worth trying their webchat first thing in the morning. I've found them relatively helpful, and if you get on at 9am, you likely won't be waiting long at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Parcel from China arrived in Dublin Airport on November 1st. Any idea how long it takes to go through the airport to An Post?

It's standard post. It's parts for camera accessories, valued at under €25, so I can't imagine it's of any curiosity to customs or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Good news. An post have said that the backlog from 29th Oct to 3rd November will be cleared by Tomorrow and since Nov 5th deliveries are back on a 2-3 day service.

Seems portlaoise letter mails centre is now handling domestic parcels adding substantial capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Sounds like they are. My package just popped up in the An Post tracker the last hour or so to say they have it in the hub since early hours this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

My parcel also landed in dublin yesterday, looks like they've cleared the backlog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,269 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

jcrs wrote: »
    Have a package in Germany since 29 Oct, it's from DHL and was going to be handed to An Post, but the an post tracking still doesn't work.

Last update was:
    Th, 29.10.2020, 07:07, Köln, Germany
    The shipment will be transported to the destination country/destination area and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization.

Anyone in the same situation?

Also have other shipment from Amazon.co.uk that was supossed to be delivered on Monday, but the an post track also doesn't work.

Exact same for me - in Koln since the 30th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Waiting for a parcel from Koln since the 4th.
    Also have a parcel sitting in Portlaoise since the 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Waiting on parcel bought from adverts.ie. seller said they posted Saturday morning. Thought might get it today. Alas no. Looks like they're still delays. Well hopefully it's delays and I've not been scammed:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Guffy

My parcel also landed in dublin yesterday, looks like they've cleared the backlog :)

I remember i was working with a company that did a lot of deliveries a couple of years ago. An Post had a huge back log around Christmas and in the end they just ignored it and pretended it didn't exist. Left it to the side and kept going with their current deliveries as normal, grabbing a couple of bits from the back logged pallets here and there

Waiting on parcel bought from adverts.ie. seller said they posted Saturday morning. Thought might get it today. Alas no. Looks like they're still delays. Well hopefully it's delays and I've not been scammed:-D

Had a same issue on Adverts.ie however i was the seller and a package took 5 working days from Cork to Mayo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

It was delivered this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jcrs

Order from 01/11 from Amazon.de arrived in Dublin:

But the order from 27/10 that was with DHL still have no An Post tracking:

Th, 29.10.2020, 07:07, Köln, Germany
    The shipment will be transported to the destination country/destination area and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization.

We, 28.10.2020, 21:14, Köln, Germany
    The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center

Tu, 27.10.2020, 17:18
    The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically

Starting to think that it's lost. :/

The tracking code started working today during the morning, it arrived Dublin on 08/11 and was delivered today! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Munstermunch

wandererz wrote: »
    I am in the same situation as you.
    Says departed Dublin Airport on 27th.. It's now the 4th.

Did you get your package yet?
    I am also in this situation😟 Purchases some jewellery from USA it was sent vis USPS express Priority International got regular daily updates while still in USA and now tracking has stopped last entry was:

Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on November 8, 2020 at 8:37 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
    Argh 😖!!! What does this even mean?
    What’s a transfer airport? Does it mean it’s in Ireland? Not appearing on An Post tracking.
    Really worried. Please tell me some of you at least got yours eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 17,269 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The tracking code started working today during the morning, it arrived Dublin on 08/11 and was delivered today! :)

Hope for me then - even tho the tracking is still non existent

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

Just got a message from an post today they had my parcel, should be delivered in the next 3 days it stated. They definitely must have cleared the backlog

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Darc19 wrote: »
    Good news. An post have said that the backlog from 29th Oct to 3rd November will be cleared by Tomorrow and since Nov 5th deliveries are back on a 2-3 day service.

Seems portlaoise letter mails centre is now handling domestic parcels adding substantial capacity.

Registered letter posted on the 31/10. Still not delivered and no tracking number. ****ing joe.

• Advertisement

I have a package which is sitting in portlaoise since 3rd November.

Im also still waiting for a package from Austria, which has been posted on the 22nd October

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ShockChance

looking for a bit of advice.
    Ordered 2 expensive items from amazon uk on 24th and 28th of October.
    Both tracking items on amazon are saying (your package may be lost) should i request a refund?
    I know shipping is slow at the moment but amazons tracking has me scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Waiting for a parcel from Koln since the 4th.
    Also have a parcel sitting in Portlaoise since the 6th.
    Everything just arrived, woohoo

Both tracking items on amazon are saying (your package may be lost) should i request a refund?

I would definitely get in touch and request a refund or a replacement. Their customer service is pretty good.

I’ve preordered the new Xbox and it was supposed to get delivered yesterday, however they ran into delays and advised if May take 2 more days, they offered to refund 2 months worth of Prime membership (16 GBP).

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭rainagain

An Post had staff doing deliveries last Sunday, they are trying to keep up but the increase in the number of parcels means there are delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

rainagain wrote: »
    An Post had staff doing deliveries last Sunday, they are trying to keep up but the increase in the number of parcels means there are delays.

Saturday for parcels has been a thing for ages. If they were serious they'd be doing Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 reddev75

I would defo ask for a refund.they are usually fairly fast giving you one.still say it will arrive in next few days.no harm in asking for 1 do just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

This happened to me last friday. I requested the refund. It was literally the press of a button on the order. Refund was in my account within 2 days.there was no hassle. Just got a txt this morning saying that an post have my package and will be delivered within 3 days. Amazon have asked that I let them know if the item was delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ShockChance

Thanks for the advice guys. it was just a matter of clicking on link after i got the message (your package may be lost) and went to automated chat system. clicked on item and it returned the money straight away. got to hand it to amazon for fast customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Munstermunch

Bought some Costume jewelry on line form USA sender sent it via Priority Mail express International Insurance included. on 5/11/20
    the priority Mail express International stated 3-5 days! Am I being totally naïve expecting it would come in this time frame?
    at first I got regular updates from my USPS tracking no. but nothing has updated since Sunday last 8/11/20.
    I am really worried now, Its not showing on An Post tracking it was not a large parcel it was a padded envelope .
    Would you say it will come and the likelihood is that it is just delayed? Most people on here seem to have received theirs eventually

Last entry from USPS was:
    November 8, 2020, 8:37 am
    Departed
    DUBLIN, IRELAND
    Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on November 8, 2020 at 8:37 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

November 7, 2020, 7:43 pm
    Departed
    NEWARK, UNITED STATES

November 7, 2020, 10:28 am
    Departed
    MIAMI, UNITED STATES
    November 7, 2020, 2:07 am
    Arrived
    MIAMI, UNITED STATES
    November 6, 2020, 5:36 pm
    Processed Through Regional Facility
    MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER