Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭dashdoll

I have two parcels from Zara Black Friday stuck in Dublin since 1 December. "We have your post in DUBLIN NORTH DEPOT, DUBLIN". A week with no movement...I'd expect delays but this seems a bit much. Shouldnt have bothered!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Funny that when I chat to my postman he tells me of all the people that are asking him were stuff is because its late.

There might be less of a delay if you let the man work instead of hindering him with you chats :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Parcel sent from Dublin on 1st December coming to Dundalk. Tracking showed nothing until this morning, now saying it's been sorted in Ballymount yesterday. Won't receive today so thats gonna be at least 1 week to get something from Dublin to Dundalk.

I know there are delays. But I could have walked there and back in half the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Parcel sent from Dublin on 1st December coming to Dundalk. Tracking showed nothing until this morning, now saying it's been sorted in Ballymount yesterday. Won't receive today so thats gonna be at least 1 week to get something from Dublin to Dundalk.

I know there are delays. But I could have walked there and back in half the time.

Similar situation, parcel sent from Greystones the 30th of November, still sitting there in the post office according to the tracker. I wouldn't mind only I opted to get it posted because of the restrictions but at this rate I could have just waited until the 18th and went up myself to get it. Paying extra for the registered post as well made no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

There might be less of a delay if you let the man work instead of hindering him with you chats :p

We are the furthest point out on his run at a picturesque spot where he often stops for lunch. I have to walk up the drive when he calls (horn as he goes past the house) because its not fair to expect him to come down our drive with our large dogs. I've offered coffee or tea, but he has a business drop where he uses the canteen for a cup of tea.:cool:

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement

I bought my mother two Christmas CDs on Monday last week online from a shop in Dublin .

Took the retailer long enough to get them into the post but the parcel has been sitting in the Galway DSU since Thursday.

My mother is in Limerick and I’ve never seen An Post tracking put anything I send from Dublin to Limerick via Galway.

I tried calling An Post customer service but I’m getting the “engaged tone”.

Is the phone service shut down at the moment?

EDIT: it eventually worked and I spent over 25 minutes in “position one” in the queue for a conversation that lasted less than a minute. The young lady was able to tell me that the parcel was actually sorted in Portlaoise and I could expect it to be delivered “sometime this week”.

We are the furthest point out on his run at a picturesque spot where he often stops for lunch. I have to walk up the drive when he calls (horn as he goes past the house) because its not fair to expect him to come down our drive with our large dogs. I've offered coffee or tea, but he has a business drop where he uses the canteen for a cup of tea.:cool:

I hope you know my post was in jest.

I have to send a parcel to the U.K.

DPD is twice the price of An Post but considering An Post have any CDs is a Galway depot for 5 days I have a feeling something going out of the country might not arrive before Christmas.

Is a courier a better option?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

I'm waiting on cables for m AliExpress, arrived in Dublin in August

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I hope you know my post was in jest.

I have to send a parcel to the U.K.

DPD is twice the price of An Post but considering An Post have any CDs is a Galway depot for 5 days I have a feeling something going out of the country might not arrive before Christmas.

Is a courier a better option?

DPD is moving well inbound from the UK, so would think its the better option out as well. Royal Mail seem to be having their own difficulties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

I bought some ink from a Dublin company that shipped on 1st December. Their confirmation email said to contact An Post if there was a problem with the tracking.

I've waited patiently (being mindful of Christmas/Covid delays) and there has been no update on tracking. I managed to get hold of someone at An Post via webchat this morning who said they hadn't received the package and to contact the sender.

So would I be right in thinking that it's now the sender's responsibility to investigate with An Post and provide me with a duplicate order or refund? Note: I have advised sender of the issue and awaiting reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Mollywolly wrote: »
    I bought some ink from a Dublin company that shipped on 1st December. Their confirmation email said to contact An Post if there was a problem with the tracking.

I've waited patiently (being mindful of Christmas/Covid delays) and there has been no update on tracking. I managed to get hold of someone at An Post via webchat this morning who said they hadn't received the package and to contact the sender.

So would I be right in thinking that it's now the sender's responsibility to investigate with An Post and provide me with a duplicate order or refund? Note: I have advised sender of the issue and awaiting reply.

Could just as easily be that An Post have it in a container somewhere they haven't opened yet. Other options are its lost or not been picked up or put in the system by the seller.

Did you pay anything extra for expedited delivery?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Could just as easily be that An Post have it in a container somewhere they haven't opened yet. Other options are its lost or not been picked up or put in the system by the seller.

Did you pay anything extra for expedited delivery?

I suppose it could be, but now they have said they don't have it, I've passed it back to the sender.

Delivery was by An Post or courier for the same price. With hindsight, I should have selected courier :( I'll know better next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

whiterebel wrote: »
    DPD is moving well inbound from the UK, so would think its the better option out as well. Royal Mail seem to be having their own difficulties.

DPD from mainland Europe seems slow for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Still waiting on Hermes package posted on 22/11. No updates at all on tracking since 23/11 in UK ☹️ My h&m package that was posted on black friday is at least in Dublin depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Have had a package sitting in the North Dublin depot for nearly a week now, no sign of any movement with it.

Xenji wrote: »
    Have had a package sitting in the North Dublin depot for nearly a week now, no sign of any movement with it.

Phone An Post customer service for better tracking.

This morning tracking was showing my parcel was in Galway (since last Thursday) but it was actually in Portlaoise since Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Parcel which arrived in Dublin Sunday was delivered in Cork today - not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Small parcel posted in Naas this day last week (1st) out for delivery today N Tipp...poor tbh

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ConorBDeNiro

My parcel from Germany, that was showing as stuck in Koln since 23rd Nov, arrived today. It didn't show up on the An Post tracking until this morning, only a few hours before it arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

My parcel from Germany, that was showing as stuck in Koln since 23rd Nov, arrived today. It didn't show up on the An Post tracking until this morning, only a few hours before it arrived.

That's somewhat reassuring, I've a package that was forwarded to Ireland from Austria on the 21st of November and no sign of it in An Post tracking. I have put in a request for information from Austrian post since it contains Christmas presents to all the family...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

They must be absolutely snowed under, I posted christmas cards last Thursday in Dublin to Dublin and none have arrived yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

pc7 wrote: »
    They must be absolutely snowed under, I posted christmas cards last Thursday in Dublin to Dublin and none have arrived yet!

That's woefully bad.

No sign of my parcel today either. Onto 8 working days now from Dublin to Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭carbuyer01

Hi Guys,

Just wondering has anyone has this issue before.

We posted signed contracts last Wednesday evening and as of this morning our solicitor has not received them.

I didn't register the package as i assumed it wouldn't be an issue sending it to the solicitor an hour away, and the package containing the contracts was sent by standard post.

I paid the cashier in the post office and then put in the postbox myself to be sure it went in.

I've emailed AN POST regarding the delay and await a reply.

Am i jumping the gun here and could this be down to a delay due to COVID and Christmas.

Any advice or ideas would be a help.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Did you make copies?
    Can you do them off again or have sent by email and print them.

Is the solicitors far away? If not I'd throw them in the door.

An post is snowed under. Our route has 3 extra vans then the normal lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭user302243

It seems to be very hit and miss. I've sent a letter Dublin to Dublin arrived next day. Most of the parcels I've sent have been 2 days with the odd one arriving next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭carbuyer01

Did you make copies?
    Can you do them off again or have sent by email and print them.

Is the solicitors far away? If not I'd throw them in the door.

An post is snowed under. Our route has 3 extra vans then the normal lot.

No they were original documents so i legally can't make copies.

Solicitors is about 90 mins away.

Well at least if AN Post are snowed under then maybe they just havent arrived yet instead of being missing

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

New update from our rep at an post.

Dear Customer,
    Our parcel volumes have continuously increased since October and as we have been receiving volume in excess of our overall capacity for some time, we have now reached a backlog level that forces us to take immediate and decisive action. As per our most recent communication informing you that we are currently experiencing delays of 7 days, unfortunately, in the interest of fulfilling customers' expectations, we have no other choice than to bring forward our latest date of posting before Christmas to Monday 14th December.

This means that we cannot guarantee that parcels injected into the An Post Commerce's network from Tuesday 15th December will be delivered before Christmas day.

This has been an extremely difficult decision for us to make and we fully appreciate that you will be dissatisfied by it. Nevertheless, at this point in time, we have no other option in order to avoid potentially disappointing your consumers.

Yours sincerely,

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Can't say I am surprised with how bad they have been to be honest, I had a parcel arrive in Dublin on the 27th of November, it was only delivered to Portlaoise Yesterday, it took 2 days to get from the UK to Dublin, but over a week to get from Dublin to Portlaoise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I have a parcel stuck in their system for 3 weeks now. Regardless of backlogs or covid, that is shambolic.

Advertisement