Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

USPS to Ireland

  • 04-09-2020 5:05pm
    #1
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭ Brianmwalker


    I ordered something from America and its been in Ireland over a month without being delivered.

    "Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on July 28, 2020 at 8:46 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

    Is there any way to contact USPS or an post about it? Can't imagine a month is normal.


«13

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 9,623 ✭✭✭ wmpdd3


    Enter the tracking into an post, it should be on their system by now.

    Or enter it in 17track app.

    If not call an post customer service on Monday and they will check it out for you. It's probably sitting in port laoise wait for a customs letter to be issued.

    What's the value?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭ Brianmwalker


    wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Enter the tracking into an post, it should be on their system by now.

    Or enter it in 17track app.

    If not call an post customer service on Monday and they will check it out for you. It's probably sitting in port laoise wait for a customs letter to be issued.

    What's the value?

    Only 20 dollars, nothing on the an post system. I'll call them Monday. Thanks.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭ Darc19


    It might not have left the states. Usps updates as soon as it gets to the airport holding area for packages.

    Normally that's fine, but with massive flight cancelations parcels are delayed.


    Still taking 4-6 weeks.


  • Registered Users Posts: 25 tina27a


    Hi Brianmwalker just wondering did you ever get your parcel? My tracking says my parcel departed Dublin on 20th September but still no sign of it.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭ Brianmwalker


    tina27a wrote: »
    Hi Brianmwalker just wondering did you ever get your parcel? My tracking says my parcel departed Dublin on 20th September but still no sign of it.

    No, not yet. I'm just assuming it's lost now.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ BuyersRemorse


    My USPS package took 24 hours from Los Angeles to Dublin, and since Friday has the same message on tracking as the first post.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Ping2132


    Just wondering did you get your package and did the tracking update


  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ BuyersRemorse


    I received my package, but there was no update on tracking. It just turned up.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭ Brianmwalker


    Ping2132 wrote: »
    Just wondering did you get your package and did the tracking update

    Was updated to say "departed" so I think it's finally left America!


  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Ping2132


    Was updated to say "departed" so I think it's finally left America!

    My package has being stuck on departed dublin airpor since last week and has no update anyone any idea whats going on and when I should recive it and if the tracking will update


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭ wandererz


    Ping2132 wrote: »
    My package has being stuck on departed dublin airpor since last week and has no update anyone any idea whats going on and when I should recive it and if the tracking will update

    I am in the same situation as you.
    Says departed Dublin Airport on 27th.. It's now the 4th.


  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Munstermunch


    wandererz wrote: »
    I am in the same situation as you.
    Says departed Dublin Airport on 27th.. It's now the 4th.

    Did you get your package yet?
    I am also in this situation😟 Purchases some jewellery from USA it was sent vis USPS express Priority International got regular daily updates while still in USA and now tracking has stopped last entry was:

    Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on November 8, 2020 at 8:37 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
    Argh 😖!!! What does this even mean?
    What’s a transfer airport? Does it mean it’s in Ireland? Not appearing on An Post tracking.
    Really worried. Please tell me some of you at least got yours eventually


  • Registered Users Posts: 10 LfcIreland


    Did you get your package yet?
    I am also in this situation😟 Purchases some jewellery from USA it was sent vis USPS express Priority International got regular daily updates while still in USA and now tracking has stopped last entry was:

    Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on November 8, 2020 at 8:37 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
    Argh 😖!!! What does this even mean?
    What’s a transfer airport? Does it mean it’s in Ireland? Not appearing on An Post tracking.
    Really worried. Please tell me some of you at least got yours eventually

    Hey did you're package move since, im having the same issue

    Thanks


  • Registered Users Posts: 10 LfcIreland


    wandererz wrote: »
    I am in the same situation as you.
    Says departed Dublin Airport on 27th.. It's now the 4th.

    Hi, any update on your package im in the same situation. So hoping there is just big delays on the irish saide and hasnt been lost.

    Thanks

    Mod: please don't do multiple posts on the same thing. Thanks


  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Munstermunch


    LfcIreland wrote: »
    Hey did you're package move since, im having the same issue

    Thanks
    Nothing yet, Pointless trying to contact An Post they said they haven’t received it yet!! So frustrating 🙄I’m praying it’s just delayed as per recent An Post article attached but how long realistically would it need to be delayed for me to get worried? Any advice


  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Munstermunch


    Nothing yet, Pointless trying to contact An Post they said they haven’t received it yet!! So frustrating 🙄I’m praying it’s just delayed as per recent An Post article attached but how long realistically would it need to be delayed for me to get worried? Any advice

    If yours turns up any time soon please let me know I’m at my wits end worrying over it 😑


  • Registered Users Posts: 10 LfcIreland


    If yours turns up any time soon please let me know I’m at my wits end worrying over it 😑

    Ive seen that article too and now your post is re assureing because its similar to mine with dates etc

    If it moves I wiil get back to you and please do the same

    Im thinking its just sitting at customs waiting to be cleared and then an post update the system. Its what ive gather from my online searches

    Hopefully will come soon


  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Munstermunch


    LfcIreland wrote: »
    Ive seen that article too and now your post is re assureing because its similar to mine with dates etc

    If it moves I wiil get back to you and please do the same

    Im thinking its just sitting at customs waiting to be cleared and then an post update the system. Its what ive gather from my online searches

    Hopefully will come soon

    🀞ðŸ»Praying to St. Anthony 😂😂


  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Munstermunch


    I received my package, but there was no update on tracking. It just turned up.

    How long where you waiting did in the end until it turned up if you don’t mind me asking?


  • Registered Users Posts: 10 LfcIreland


    Ping2132 wrote: »
    My package has being stuck on departed dublin airpor since last week and has no update anyone any idea whats going on and when I should recive it and if the tracking will update

    Hey did your tracker update yet? Im waiting a week now with no update on tracker irish side


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 13,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭ whiterebel


    Mod-LfcIreland and Munstermunch. You're going around in circles with the same questions to people who posted weeks ago. An Post are snowed under and generally leave non EU deliveries at the back of the queue. Contact An Post for further information.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭ VG31


    November 10, 2020
    In Transit to Next Facility
    Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
    November 6, 2020, 9:23 am
    Departed USPS Regional Facility
    CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

    Does anyone know if my parcel has actually left the US from the tracking? I thought should be an update when it departs the US but I haven't bought anything from the US in quite a while so I'm not sure. It's First-Class Package International Service.

    Thanks.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10 LfcIreland


    VG31 wrote: »
    November 10, 2020
    In Transit to Next Facility
    Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
    November 6, 2020, 9:23 am
    Departed USPS Regional Facility
    CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

    Does anyone know if my parcel has actually left the US from the tracking? I thought should be an update when it departs the US but I haven't bought anything from the US in quite a while so I'm not sure. It's First-Class Package International Service.

    Thanks.

    Does sound like its still in the US or on route to Ireland.

    You should have another notice when it lands in Ireland, thats doenst mean much though as there is massive delays on Irish customs and An Post even if its express delivery.

    Ive have heard too that adress pal is much quicker, 10 days from US


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭ VG31


    LfcIreland wrote: »
    Does sound like its still in the US or on route to Ireland.

    You should have another notice when it lands in Ireland, thats doenst mean much though as there is massive delays on Irish customs and An Post even if its express delivery.

    Ive have heard too that adress pal is much quicker, 10 days from US

    It has actually been delivered now. I looked at the tracking number on An Post and there was nothing before out for delivery. It only took about 2.5 weeks so that's pretty good.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10 LfcIreland


    VG31 wrote: »
    It has actually been delivered now. I looked at the tracking number on An Post and there was nothing before out for delivery. It only took about 2.5 weeks so that's pretty good.

    Thats good to hear, are you in Dublin?


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭ VG31


    LfcIreland wrote: »
    Thats good to hear, are you in Dublin?

    Yes


  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ✭✭✭ JamieTra2017


    whiterebel wrote: »
    Mod - can you be more specific? Questions like this aren't much use to anyone. Was it USPS, a courier, Addresspal? When was it sent? From where?

    Sorry sent with USPS. Last tracking is " Your item departed a transfer airport at Dublin on the 8th November at 8.51 am". I did read through the full forum and seen that U or L codes are not scanned in Ireland. I was just wondering if anybody had any luck.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭ Flaccus


    I am in the same boat as the OP. Waiting since 18th. Package is in Dublin still. Same tracking result as OP. It actually happened me last month as well with another delivery from the US. And it was USPS again. When I queried it with the sender they said it's customs that are holding it up. Was stuck for 21/2 weeks.

    I've learned my lesson as will use FedEx next time. While it costs more and there is import dutiy, FedEx take care of the clearing process with customs. Items usually goes to a bonded warehouse in Shannon. With stuff coming in from USPS, it's a case of join the queue in Dublin and they get to it when they get to it. There is really no speeding up the process. AnPost will eventually show up with it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,535 ✭✭✭✭ ACitizenErased


    Waiting for a parcel that left the US on November 19th and hasn't arrived in Ireland yet. Seriously slow.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,535 ✭✭✭✭ ACitizenErased


    Parcel that left the US on November 19th arrived in Dublin today, finally.


Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement