Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Darc19 wrote: »
    large increase in seasonal staff will see delays drop dramatically from this week

I've heard issues with regards numbers, or just hours being worked by seasonal staff, but I'd be delighted to be wrong on that. I hope for nothing more than an extremely efficient Christmas. 2019 was actually not too bad all things considered, but Christmas + Covid is a different beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tony H

dar2054 wrote: »
    Same thing just happened me, did you have any luck?

it took about 5 days to move from Dungarvan , they told me it was sent there by mistake , address and postcode was correct , trying to use DPD more as they seem to have speeded up there delivery time , two days from overclockers uk and one day from north in the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

any idea on how long post is within Ireland? I had something posted from Kerry Monday to Dublin and no sign yet.

Thanks,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 43 greenfields46!

As a former An Post employee up to this year, it's honestly the tip of the iceberg in here. The sorting centres are swamped lads, it's gonna be a grim December.

so sld I be worried that my item left uk on 10 nov & still has not been scanned by an post!! birthday present & getting worried now it wont arrive in time!!!

an post chat just informed me it sld only take 5 days from uk for a parcel yet im waiting 7, are they making this up?!!! anyone else waiting for an item to be scanned in from UK and for how long getting really fed up now😳

Me and a friend both had ones from the Oct 19th that still havent arrived in Ireland though at this point its probably a lost cause.

Have the tracking for the above and apparently it was handed to the delivery partner but never updated since the day it "left".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I am waiting 7 Months from wish lol. Amazon prime over 2 weeks now and just received new sim sent from Dublin to Dublin. 10 days. Registered post, normal post seems to be quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Amazon item due tomorrow arrived today. Arrived in Dublin Hub yesterday and down the country so things might be getting back to normal with the new ecommerce place open.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Royal Mail parcel was sorted in Dublin Mail Centre on Sunday and then stopped updating.

I was chatting to An Post webchat this morning when it finally updated to say it was out for delivery (in Limerick) so it seemed to be delayed about 2 days but not bad for something that was sent from the UK last Friday. I must've gotten lucky but that might help someone to hear.

Though I do have three parcels from the US which USPS said arrived in Dublin on Saturday and have yet to show up on An Post tracking. I asked on webchat but his reply didn't really make much sense. It'll show up when it shows up more or less, at least I think that's what he was getting at. Paid a lot extra for upgraded shipping to fast track them through the USPS delays stateside only to be stalled in Dublin but fingers crossed I won't be waiting weeks for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭boetstark

any idea on how long post is within Ireland? I had something posted from Kerry Monday to Dublin and no sign yet.

Thanks,
    Mick

I had a 50th birthday present posted from dublin last Tuesday still has not arrived.
    My wife had to post an express overnight document yesterday. An post charged her express tariff for delivery Friday. Only happens here.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Munstermunch

Did it say:
    Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on November 8, 2020 at 8:37 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

I had this to but contacted An Post Portlaoise today and was told this only means it left USA on this date and is in transit to Dublin. Really hope it’s not lost!! I realise there is delays globally with post. But up until yesterday I at least though it meant my item was in Dublin somewhere! Anyone can advise how long your package took to eventually arrive after getting similar update
    Thanks

le_girl wrote: »
    Royal Mail parcel was sorted in Dublin Mail Centre on Sunday and then stopped updating.

I was chatting to An Post webchat this morning when it finally updated to say it was out for delivery (in Limerick) so it seemed to be delayed about 2 days but not bad for something that was sent from the UK last Friday. I must've gotten lucky but that might help someone to hear.

Though I do have three parcels from the US which USPS said arrived in Dublin on Saturday and have yet to show up on An Post tracking. I asked on webchat but his reply didn't really make much sense. It'll show up when it shows up more or less, at least I think that's what he was getting at. Paid a lot extra for upgraded shipping to fast track them through the USPS delays stateside only to be stalled in Dublin but fingers crossed I won't be waiting weeks for them.

• Advertisement

I also paid Priority International Express Mail

Did it say:
    Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on November 8, 2020 at 8:37 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

I had this to but contacted An Post Portlaoise today and was told this only means it left USA on this date and is in transit to Dublin. Really hope it’s not lost!! I realise there is delays globally with post. But up until yesterday I at least though it meant my item was in Dublin somewhere! Anyone can advise how long your package took to eventually arrive after getting similar update
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Thanks,
    Mick

I received something this morning in Dublin, sent from kilkenny last Tuesday, 8 days ago!

Received something else sent from Dublin last Thursday, today.

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    I received something this morning in Dublin, sent from kilkenny last Tuesday, 8 days ago!

Received something else sent from Dublin last Thursday, today.

gosh!! and im waiting for an item from uk since last tuesday!! an post tell me check with RMail & Rmail tell me it’s department the uk?!! so is it just in a big cage with millions of other parcels! dont think i will be shopping online again

Did it say:

Thanks

Yep, that's what mine says. I also paid for Priority Express International.

I know they say this means it left the US for Dublin but I mean, it has to physically be in the country by now.
    There was a 10 hour gap between it departing a transfer airport in Newark to departing a transfer airport in Dublin, so the time of a flight meaning it landed in the country but nothing since.

This is usually the point where it's scanned in Dublin and then to customs. There seems to be a delay between landing and being acknowledged by An Post. Sounds like a big backlog if yours landed on the 8th :(

Yes that’s what I’m hoping as well, isn’t it incredibly frustrating when the USPS TRACKING won’t update and An Post tell you they have nothing! It’s like no mans land. What date did your tracking say in was in Dublin??
    Yep, that's what mine says. I also paid for Priority Express International.

I know they say this means it left the US for Dublin but I mean, it has to physically be in the country by now.
    There was a 10 hour gap between it departing a transfer airport in Newark to departing a transfer airport in Dublin, so the time of a flight meaning it landed in the country but nothing since.

This is usually the point where it's scanned in Dublin and then to customs. There seems to be a delay between landing and being acknowledged by An Post. Sounds like a big backlog if yours landed on the 8th :(

Yes that’s what I’m hoping as well, isn’t it incredibly frustrating when the USPS TRACKING won’t update and An Post tell you they have nothing! It’s like no mans land. What date did your tracking say in was in Dublin??

Last weekend. I was expecting them to show up on An Post's tracking any day now but after hearing how long you're waiting I'm not so hopeful anymore.

Though if they do show up by some miracle I'll be sure to post an update.

Last weekend. I was expecting them to show up on An Post's tracking any day now but after hearing how long you're waiting I'm not so hopeful anymore.

Thank you, I’d appreciate that 😊

You will never guess!!!
    I just logged into An Post track n trace for the crack to see if any change. And up it pops! There is a God after all.

18 November 2020 13:44
    Your delivery is being assessed by customs in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12
    18 November 2020 13:43
    Your delivery was received by An Post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

Yours should be up on it anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

at least some movement, delighted for you.

Lets hope there will me more good news for others by the end of this week.

Tracking has become less consistent over the last couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭VG31

November 10, 2020
    In Transit to Next Facility
    Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
    November 6, 2020, 9:23 am
    Departed USPS Regional Facility
    CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Does anyone know if my parcel has actually left the US from the tracking? I thought should be an update when it departs the US but I haven't bought anything from the US in quite a while so I'm not sure. It's First-Class Package International Service.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Gally79 wrote: »
    at least some movement, delighted for you.

Lets hope there will me more good news for others by the end of this week.

Tracking has become less consistent over the last couple of months.

My USPS tracking just updated now as well to say in Dublin Customs!!

That's great, hopefully it means the backlog is being cleared and the worst delays are over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

You will never guess!!!
    I just logged into An Post track n trace for the crack to see if any change. And up it pops! There is a God after all.

18 November 2020 13:44
    Your delivery is being assessed by customs in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12
    18 November 2020 13:43
    Your delivery was received by An Post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

Yours should be up on it anytime soon

When i got a similar mail it took a week to be delivered from D12 to D15.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

An Post tracking site appears to be down (not working for me anyway)

EDit wrote: »
    An Post tracking site appears to be down (not working for me anyway)

me 2 probably crashing with the amount of people waiting on parcels😳!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

Half of my Amazon order turned up yesterday in a soggy cardboard box when I took it from the postman. I checked An Post's tracking site and it still wasn't listed even though I had it in my hands at that point. As for the remaining part of the order, Amazon said if it doesn't turn up today, I can seek a refund.

Things are only going to get worse with Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the xmas rush all coming up. Why can't An Post take on even more seasonal workers than they already do to cope with this as I'm sure there are many people pushed out of jobs by Covid closures who would welcome a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

D13exile wrote: »
    Half of my Amazon order turned up yesterday in a soggy cardboard box when I took it from the postman. I checked An Post's tracking site and it still wasn't listed even though I had it in my hands at that point. As for the remaining part of the order, Amazon said if it doesn't turn up today, I can seek a refund.

Things are only going to get worse with Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the xmas rush all coming up. Why can't An Post take on even more seasonal workers than they already do to cope with this as I'm sure there are many people pushed out of jobs by Covid closures who would welcome a job.

Wait a few days for the 2nd part. Same thing happened with my previous late order, was split into 2 and the 2nd was a few days late and sat in dublin for a few days and appeared without an update from an post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

The order I cancelled yesterday and got a full refund for (about 80 quid) is out for delivery this morning. 11 days from ordering until out for delivery and 8 days stuck in limbo somewhere in An Post.

Follow up RE: Refund.

Checked my bank statement today and the £80 credit has been deducted so nothing free for me. So statement goes -£80 when item was dispatched, plus £80 when I was credited and then -£80 again about 24 hours after the item finally arrived.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭deisedav

Ordered 2 items from amazon last week and after having enough of anpost the last 3 weeks I decided to get them delivered with parcel motel. Had both items in my hand in 4 days which is good. Only problem is parcel motel have put up their base price up from 3.95 to 4.50 per item until the end of Christmas but is saves the frustrations with anPost .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

deisedav wrote: »
    Ordered 2 items from amazon last week and after having enough of anpost the last 3 weeks I decided to get them delivered with parcel motel. Had both items in my hand in 4 days which is good. Only problem is parcel motel have put up their base price up from 3.95 to 4.50 per item until the end of Christmas but is saves the frustrations with anPost .

That's exactly what I am doing, i'd rather pay extra for piece of mind.

Advertisement