Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭appledrop

Xenji wrote: »
    A mixture of everything in Castlebar today, strong winds, torrential downpours and spells of lovely bright sunshine.

We are the exact same in North County Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

D13 really miserable out there now lashing and wind

Trees getting a hammering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Windy so so windy. It feels like one of those days in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Tree down in Cork damaging ESB Networks line......in July.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

an absolute downpour here in Dunshaughlin now, winds howling, trees swaying and rain bouncing up off the ground with bits of hail mixed in and very chilly. Fire lit every evening so far this July. There better be an improvement soon to our weather, this first week of July is a disgrace even by Irish summer standards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

I'm not far away and it's pure sideways rain and games.
    Absolutely appalling weather for summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Gonzo wrote: »
    an absolute downpour here in Dunshaughlin now, winds howling, trees swaying and rain bouncing up off the ground with bits of hail mixed in and very chilly. Fire lit every evening so far this July. There better be an improvement soon to our weather, this first week of July is a disgrace even by Irish summer standards.

This time yesterday in Arklow, it was 20c,if I lit a fire I'd be shot!
    High today of 17c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Mortelaro wrote: »
    High today of 17c

surprisingly it got to 20C here yesterday too but did not feel anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭4Ad

A sunny 14 degrees in East Clare, fair breezy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

We are truly paying for the good spring now. Went to Tramore for a drive last night. Horrible misty gloomy evening down there sea fog. It wasn’t cold per se in the sense that you’d need a jacket on you and you’d survive. Dry here this morning but windy. The fact that we can’t leave the country this summer is compounding this **** show of a summer so far. Whilst the meteorological summer might stretch to 31st August I always feel our true summer is May.

Fixed your post :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Mortelaro wrote: »
    High today of 17c

North Kerry. Had a turf fire on all day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Someone will be along soon to tell you to wrap up and maybe wrap the plants up. I presume it’s another cracking day up in Donegal.

Not really.
    Sunny between showers though if you wanted to get out for a walk.
    Got the young lad out for an hour earlier without him getting wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Not really.
    Sunny between showers though if you wanted to get out for a walk.
    Got the young lad out for an hour earlier without him getting wet.

Today ended up better than I expected, decent dry spells between the showers with plenty of sunshine. Still a crap day by July standards but considering the forecast it could have been a lot worse

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A fowl day. Is it really early July?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Positive forecast after the 9 O'Clock news there now,once we get tues out of the way there should be a few pleasant days

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Would be nice to get a run of nice weather to enjoy the long evenings
    And maybe a sunny weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Just got a brief but nice view of the moon in close proximity to Jupiter and Saturn in a lucky break in the clouds. There has been slim pickings for viewers of the night sky here in this part of the west recently due to the fairly persistent cloud or rain and drizzle.
    Spent time along the banks of the River Moy this evening and it felt truly autumnal. For weeks on end this river was showing its bare bones due to lack of rainfall but now it is flowing big and full of life again and almost 80cms higher. The tap is well and truly turned on again!
    We had some fairly wild and squally showers on Sunday afternoon that gave the trees in leaf a right old battering and indeed one ended up across a local road here. Last weekend was a complete washout and was truly miserable. Very poor fare for July so far. Those golden days at the end of May and the first of June are beginning to feel like a dream at this stage. Really hoping for something a lot more settled and a couple of decent summer days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Outlook from met eireann looking much more promising from middle of this week. Nice enough day in Dublin today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭pauldry

Hope things calm down somewhat

17 of the past 31 days in Sligo have been moderately windy or very windy

In fact 2020 seems like a very windy year overall. Even in the drought a lot of it was caused by the constant strong winds.

Plus I have 3 wind caused injuries including one caused yesterday when the wind blew the car door on my arm. Still at least the tree that blew down the previous weekend didnt land on my windscreen

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Heading off to Athlone for a long weekend away this weekend. Kids are hyped over Bay Sports there, hoping for decent weather, fingers crossed.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭appledrop

Disappointed with todays weather. Met Eireann forecast was dry + bright day.

Instead we still have that poxy wind which means its not very pleasant to be out in as keeps it cool. Also mainly overcast here all day with very black clouds just now so Id say the rain is not faraway yet again.

When will summer ever start?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Lovely afternoon in Donegal
    Sun out, we're sitting out soaking up vitamin d.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Baysports is brilliant! They have the place really well set up with covid measures in place. For me it’s probably the best kids day out that I have come across
    Supercell wrote: »
    Heading off to Athlone for a long weekend away this weekend. Kids are hyped over Bay Sports there, hoping for decent weather, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Turning out a lovely summer's evening,sun out,hardly no breeze and feeling quite pleasant in the sun

today seems like the first dry day in ages. The sound of lawnmowers on the go all day long throughout the area as people scramble to get their lawns finally cut before the rains come back tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Lovely day in Cork City. Sunny for the first time in awhile, About 18 degrees aswell so feels lovely out. Charts seem to show the rain missing us down here, hopefully that is accurate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭esposito

Spending a few days in Mayo and Galway.

Lovey day in Connemara, bright and no mist meaning all the mountains are visible. Feeling pleasantly warm and just a light breeze.

Better make the most of it as a heavy rainfall warning is in place for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lovely day

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Saw something on Twitter about Storm Eduoard on a direct hit for Ireland! The Joint Cyclone Cente had it aswell so its probaly not gona happen!

Litteraly just copped the "Joint" cyclone centre!! That explains everything lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Dull and cloudy all day in Kildare and i thought was quite cold :( Now rain again tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement