Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Acceptance flight of FNG took place today

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Acceptance flight of FNG took place today
    Does that mean EI are happy with it and have officially taken ownership of it? Or does that have to wait till the conference call with the lawyers involved?

its basically a flight with EI crew i think to have a feel,there's always snags so they'll have to be sorted too.

The transfer of title takes place the day it leaves which is still wednesday atm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭billie1b

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    It appears to of been a late schedule change and I suspect the flight was heavily booked and then they got a load of cancelled FR LIS-DUB passegners booking flights from FAO before FR eventually scheduled a flight for 00.20 today. Previous flight when without them in LIS and EI had a flight at same time with a delay of just 2 hours because of a security strike. Avoid the bad PR of an overbooked flight...

The planned and altered FAO schedule was:

17.15-20.15-21.00-23.55 - A320

17.15-20.15-21.50-00.55 - A332

FR canx the first flight but had informed the pax that a new later scheduled flight would be at 00:20 before the first crew flew home.
    The reason it was canx was due to the crew not being able to operate out of hours and the aircraft being needed in DUB due to shortage of aircraft as they knew the plane would not be able to depart until the late evening.
    The flight was booked for 183 pax and 174 flew on it at 00:20 so I doubt that was the reason for the A330 service

Can we please move on. I have just deleted a number of posts that had nothing to do with Aer Lingus Fleet discussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

As previously advised FNG schedule now confirmed as being delivered tomorrow as EI2535 TLS1615-1730DUB. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭TheCockpitGuy

How far in advance are aircraft assigned to a route?

How far in advance are aircraft assigned to a route?

In the system it's provisionally assigned months in advance but there's always changes with maintenance,loads etc so it can actually change up to the last few hours.it's more or less reliable 2 weeks in advance unless there's an AOG or maintenance needs to be scheduled.

Tenger wrote: »
    Apparently only a day or so in advance.

EDIT:
    Reading the post below, so what lucky punters get the delights of the new bird on her first revenue flight?

It's scheduled to do an extra Boston flight Thursday,I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Does the EWR route not begin Thursday, so it has to operate a flight? Not to EWR necessarily though.

I think it has to do a flight or hire in one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

It's scheduled to do an extra Boston flight Thursday,I wouldn't hold my breath.

Anything but BOS/JFK/EWR will be cancelled or receive a hire in if required Thursday. If everything is ready to go and it arrives tomorrow there shouldn't be issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭TheCockpitGuy

Yeh I'm on the 121 on Saturday!!

There should be no show stoppers really,the mods to get it into service aren't much just decals,emergency equipment,tamper seals etc.....there will be people working through the night on it.

EI2535 delayed until 1900 at TLS. Estimated arrival now at DUB 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Jack1985 wrote: »
    EI2535 delayed until 1900 at TLS. Estimated arrival now at DUB 2013.

Still don't see it on flight radar but aer Lingus claim to have the keys.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

According to Aer Lingus snapchat, they are currently doing pre-flight checks.

She's on the move after some final handover checks. She sports the new cabin interior too folks and an upgraded IFE. :)

I heard its de modded to 233 tonne MTOW so don't expect it near the west coast

I believe the plan is the two new A333's in S17 will be modified to go the West Coast, with in-built crew rest areas. Plan is a daily A333 service to SFO.

Yup it Deffo won't be til next summer season.it has a crew rest at 7a and the LDMCR provision

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

I heard its de modded to 233 tonne MTOW so don't expect it near the west coast

The 300's not having the range is an aircraft limitation or Dublin runway length limitation?

maximum12 wrote: »
    The 300's not having the range is an aircraft limitation or Dublin runway length limitation?

The older 300s have the range but not economically...there's a trade off with cargo,it happened recently on a 200,runway 28 in use wasn't suitable for takeoff because of wind,ATC couldn't accommodate 10 so they took cargo off to use 28.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

What aircraft are flying the west coast routes so

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

adam88 wrote: »
    What aircraft are flying the west coast routes so

3 of the 4 A330-200s, namely EI-DAA/DUO/LAX. EI-EWR can fly west coast and is used as a last resort but it doesn't have a crew rest section so it's not planned to operate west coast usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

River Song wrote: »
    3 of the 4 A330-200s, namely EI-DAA/DUO/LAX. EI-EWR can fly west coast and is used as a last resort but it doesn't have a crew rest section so it's not planned to operate west coast usually.

So it's just the rest area preventing ewr from flying west coast so.

Might have been answered already but will the new birds be flying west coast

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

adam88 wrote: »
    Might have been answered already but will the new birds be flying west coast
    Look up ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

333 will operate 3 or 4 weekly SFO from April pr May next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Any pics of the new A330 on the ground at Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭john boye

Has the Omni 767 operation on SNN - BOS finished?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

roundymac wrote: »
    Any pics of the new A330 on the ground at Dublin.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100875007&postcount=2542

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement