Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De Den

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Jesus H Christ who named all those Grandkids. Ffs

I thought they were named for a bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,049 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Second episode was great craic I have to say.
    A bit tighter than the first episode, Dustin cracking me up...
    I loved his SIPTU joke and his Joe Duffy dig lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,558 ✭✭✭✭briany

It's amazing how little of a step each of them has lost. Dustin hasn't been on TV for years but is as funny as ever.

Even the guests are good. The Mary Wallopers and CMAT are exactly the right kind of performers to bring on as they'll play along with the comedy. The show even made Joanne Mcnally tolerable, which is quite an achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

They should do a glenroe skit at the end after the credits and dress up and get a character back thats alive and throw in an aul "well holy god" for good measure.

Dustin has ruled out the Den returning full-time, but has said that they might do some kind of Christmas special each year. That'd be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Honestly it's actually so funny. Thought it be cringe but good vibes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Just watching last wks now. I’m actually in tears laughing at Dustin! Aw it’s just so fecking funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

gmisk wrote: »
    No socky? Or Zuppy?!

The 2 most irritating puppets they ever had on the show, good move to not include I'd say. Podge and Rodge however should have cameos [don't know if they have or not, not watched it] - Like someone said, don't want the childhood memories ruined, and over the years I came to despise D'arcy

The 2 most irritating puppets they ever had on the show, good move to not include I'd say. Podge and Rodge however should have cameos [don't know if they have or not, not watched it] - Like someone said, don't want the childhood memories ruined, and over the years I came to despise D'arcy

Zuppy was alright because he didn't really do anything. He'd just pop in and zoom about a bit now and then. Soky, on the other hand, I don't think that puppet ever had a funny line. While the other regular puppets could be very subversive and fairly sophisticated in their humour, Soky always seemed made to pander to the under-5s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I associate Soky more with the later Den era which was past my time. I remember him as an occasional guest when I watched it, but later he was a permanent fixture and on in the morning with Geri Maye. I didn't mind him as an occasional appearance but he was not enjoyable as a main character - but probably more aimed at the small kids. Zuppy was grand. I hope Soky doesn't feature in this revival.

• Advertisement

I hope Soky doesn't feature in this revival.

Agreed. Now, Don Conroy, on the other hand, it would be great to get him on. Also, maybe they could do something with Simon Young? I know he's had his ups and downs, but I think he's in a bit of a better place now. Maybe just to have him on a Zoom call for a bit of reminiscence.

If it were a normal TV series, I'd say not to go too hard on the nostalgia, but seeing as this is a limited run of seven episodes, I say feck it. And put on California Dreams instead of Fair City. Much better standard of acting.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Captain pillowcase, is he a Klan member?
    It was acceptable in the 80s.

My wife and I are really enjoying it and our 5 and 2 year old too. The 5 year old was asking for more and didn't like the idea of having to wait for new episodes.
    Cheer up the nation TV.

I imagine some other characters might show up over the remaining episodes. Ted, Podge and Rodge etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

That Fair City gag was:D:D:D:D

edit: and the Dancing with the Staff one too

edit: Dermot Bannon is getting the total sh1t ripped out of him by Dustin - great stuff

Dustin....is on fire!
    Most fun episode so far for me, lovely stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Never thought I'd say it but I really like Ray in this.

Aw I loved Zuppy....but then again I was obsessed with dogs.
    He was meant to be on last week but they ran out of time

https://twitter.com/DoubleZCreative/status/1330560491744268292?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

I thought it'd be awful but it's actually brilliant.
    Some really funny moments throughout!!

The best hour of tv I have watched in a long time.

Between the Den being back on, as well as Animaniacs, I have to say I really hope I get that new Sega Megadrive this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That was great fun. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Loved Dustin ripping the p1ss out of Dermot Bannon.
    Telling him to keep back 2 metres cos RTE was in enough trouble this week already :)

briany wrote: »
    Between the Den being back on, as well as Animaniacs, I have to say I really hope I get that new Sega Megadrive this Christmas.
    Haha...that is so true.

I got a megadrive one Christmas....fun story...I found it under my parents bed about a month before Christmas..I took it out and played it every single time I was alone in the house carefully packaging it back up lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Anything wrong with it just pull out the cartridge and blow. I still do it if any technology isn't working for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Great show this week. Best one yet, Dustin on fire. Really brightens up my Sunday evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

gmisk wrote: »
    Aw I loved Zuppy....but then again I was obsessed with dogs.
    He was meant to be on last week but they ran out of time

https://twitter.com/DoubleZCreative/status/1330560491744268292?s=19

I just thought Zuppy was pointless, and socky ... jaysis, most irritating puppet ever! But, I understand we're all different so I'll let it go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭Rfrip

You’d want to be some miserable fecker not to enjoy this!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Great crack on it tonight. "Your not an actor your in fair city " :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Any sign of snotzer yet

Any sign of snotzer yet
    He was mentioned and you heard him he was helping out with the building work :)

• Advertisement

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    That Fair City gag was:D:D:D:D

edit: and the Dancing with the Staff one too

edit: Dermot Bannon is getting the total sh1t ripped out of him by Dustin - great stuff
    Some boyband reject driving his mas car! Lol

Advertisement