Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De Den

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

What an episode!! They surprised my nieces and nephew at home when they showed their reaction video to seeing themselves in the music video. Their school today is going to go around and play the clip to every class. They are little celebrities off the back of it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It's completely weird to read a thread on this site about an RTE production, and see close to a unanimously positive reaction to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

It's completely weird to read a thread on this site about an RTE production, and see close to a unanimously positive reaction to it.

It's not weird to see something well-executed be given praise. It is weird for such a production to come out of RTE, though. RTE is an efficient machine for taking a decent idea and bastardising it, or taking naff ideas and holding them up as the channel's best effort.

Basically, the original Den succeeded because it gave some talented performers free rein. RTE at least had the good sense to recognise that and let them do pretty much the same, with positive results.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The christmas special episode last night was so good. It was an extra special event for the kids this christmas & RTÉ pulled it off in style. Fair play to them. They have done themselves proud for all of the families given the circumstances this year.

That ''nelf'' character on last night really was a suspicious looking fella alright.

Santa did his good deeds in putting nelf into the snowglobe probably for all eternity*.

*And of course nelf. While you're in there. Don't say that we have mentioned it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Dustin is going to be on the Claire Byrne show tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

What an episode!! They surprised my nieces and nephew at home when they showed their reaction video to seeing themselves in the music video. Their school today is going to go around and play the clip to every class. They are little celebrities off the back of it.

Brilliant. My daughter got her name on the birthday roller. She was so excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

There was a real honesty to it. It was raw, spontaneous and genuinely funny. It's one of the shows that myself and herself looked forward to every Sunday for a guaranteed laugh.

briany wrote: »
    It's not weird to see something well-executed be given praise. It is weird for such a production to come out of RTE, though. RTE is an efficient machine for taking a decent idea and bastardising it, or taking naff ideas and holding them up as the channel's best effort.

Basically, the original Den succeeded because it gave some talented performers free rein. RTE at least had the good sense to recognise that and let them do pretty much the same, with positive results.

The cast were all great and the main four are at their best when they're let loose like that. It wouldn't work if it was too scripted or polished. All they need is a rough outline and they can improvise the rest. The way that they play off each other is something quite special.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Brilliant. My daughter got her name on the birthday roller. She was so excited!!

Happy burtday happy happy buurrrtday!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

There was a real honesty to it. It was raw, spontaneous and genuinely funny. It's one of the shows that myself and herself looked forward to every Sunday for a guaranteed laugh.

Yeah, it's been a bit cathartic these last few weeks to watch Dustin tell the truth about much of Irish TV - that Fair City is brutal, that D'Arcy's chat show was brutal and that Vogue Williams looks a bit like a horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

• Advertisement

Sinéad has a show of her own on RTE 2 Thursday night.
    I'd never heard of her before The Den but she kinda grew on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Karlos77

We need to start a petition to get the Den back...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭Sparko

I wonder might they fit in a sneaky St Patrick's Day episode?
    Ray was reminiscing about the St Patrick's Day's Dens of yore on the radio earlier. They used to be class alright.

Advertisement