Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Acting Secretary for Homeland Security making the case a few nights ago that the feds have to "proactively arrest individuals" in Portland.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/acting-dhs-sec-says-due-to-lack-of-local-law-enforcement-in-portland-feds-must-proactively-arrest-individuals/

Law and Crime blog with the dive into this today

https://lawandcrime.com/legal-analysis/two-dhs-officials-apparently-just-admitted-their-troops-have-been-violating-the-constitution/

What they've admitted to in their PR is that they have no constitutional grounds for what they've done. Additional to what I linked to from mediaITE, a fed spokesperson said the man they abducted in put into the van (*) was "in an area where an individual was aiming a laser at the eyes of officers." - ie. guilt by association ie. violation of 4A, per Ybarra v. Illinois 1979:
    [A] person’s mere propinquity to others independently suspected of criminal activity does not, without more, give rise to probable cause to search that person. Where the standard is probable cause, a search or seizure of a person must be supported by probable cause particularized with respect to that person.

The feds have since refused to admit this specific incident was an arrest. That's important, because they had no lawful grounds to do so, and they know it. Dunaway v. New York also 1979 also rendered unconstitutional any transport of detained suspects away from a scene for investigation, they must first be placed under arrest:
    [T]he detention of petitioner was in important respects indistinguishable from a traditional arrest. Petitioner was not questioned briefly where he was found. Instead, he was taken from a neighbor’s home to a police car, transported to a police station, and placed in an interrogation room.

* https://www.mediaite.com/news/stunning-72-percent-of-americans-even-most-republicans-support-jailing-or-fining-people-who-dont-wear-masks/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,451 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Overheal wrote: »
    As long as you're consistent about this for the whole spectrum of speech.

Extremists are idiots. Apologists for extremists are no better. I've already clearly stated how I feel about the far right and far left.

Your approval isn't something I'm concerned about.

Glazers Out!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

nullzero wrote: »
    Extremists are idiots. Apologists for extremists are no better. I've already clearly stated how I feel about the far right and far left.

Your approval isn't something I'm concerned about.

Define extremist?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    Define extremist?

Why should I?

I've already stated my opinions clearly.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    Why should I?

I've already stated my opinions clearly.

Not really, no.

• Advertisement

Not really, no.

What you mean is that I haven't said something YOU want me to say (ie, something discriminatory that you can use as a stick to beat me).

My position is simple, extreme ideologies on the far right and the far left of the political divide have been proven to be dangerous in practice, therefore anyone who fits into those categories should be opposed.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

What's wrong with owning a t-shirt that says anti fascist? It seems reasonable. It also doesn't make you a member of antifa.
    Would you wear this? If not, why not?

Antifascist-anticommunist-Sweatshirt.jpg

biko wrote: »

Happily, although there's no real concern about the rise of communism in Europe or the US. Potential fascists in positions of power are rife on the other hand. Personally I'll go with a St Pauli Jersey, nice anti fascist German football club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

6% of the portland population is Black, the rest are progressive whites (The ones finger painting on the walls of buildings)

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1285975506903429120

And most of them are trust fund babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Is there anyone in doubt that this is some kind of cult...these are the moms of portland....

There is a tenner for the person who can spot the black person*!!!

They are on day 55 of protests and riots in Portland...not a very black city either if the demographics are anything to go by!!!

So what gives, why is a relatively low crime predominantly white city protesting/rioting attacking Federal Buildings for over 50 consecutive days for an issue that barely touches their city if at all....collective madness?

*Payable not before 2025

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,209 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is there anyone in doubt that this is some kind of cult...these are the moms of portland....

They are on day 55 of protests and riots in Portland...not a very black city either if the demographics are anything to go by!!!

So what gives, why is a relatively low crime predominantly white city protesting/rioting attacking Federal Buildings for over 50 consecutive days for an issue that barely touches their city if at all....collective madness?

maybe they actually care about the police killing people that aren't themselves. probably hard for you to understand.

maybe they actually care about the police killing people that aren't themselves. probably hard for you to understand.

This has nothing to do with George Floyd at this stage. Guaranteed most of these sad sacks wouldn't know who he is if you asked them about him. This is a bunch of Marxists opportunists looking for any excuse to riot and loot.

Oh give over the hysterics....the riots have seen at least 28 people dead across the US...no one gives a toss about them!!!

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    This has nothing to do with George Floyd at this stage. Guaranteed most of these sad sacks wouldn't know who he is if you asked them about him. This is a bunch of Marxists opportunists looking for any excuse to riot and loot.

yeah those soccer moms look like your typical marxist alright.

yeah those soccer moms look like your typical marxist alright.

They certainly have their heads firmly lodged in their backsides if they think their kids are doing a noble thing.

A lot of racists in that crowd also...

"I've never seen a nose as big as yours" A young "empowered one" said to this black police officer!!

They certainly have their heads firmly lodged in their backsides if they think their kids are doing a noble thing.

so not marxists then?

What makes them a cult? :confused:

You just addressed your own strawman argument.

It's not rocket science:

https://twitter.com/sparrowmedia/status/1283436911307218948?s=20

https://twitter.com/MasonLakePhoto/status/1283959799353229312?s=20

What makes them a cult? :confused:

You just addressed your own strawman argument.

It's not rocket science:

https://twitter.com/sparrowmedia/status/1283436911307218948?s=20

https://twitter.com/MasonLakePhoto/status/1283959799353229312?s=20

Well being honest, if black police officers are facing the kind of racism that the officer outlined and if local leaders won't do anything about it, somebody has to!!!

What make's them a cult...well, their behaviour, reminds me of the moving statues headbangers in the summer of 85!

"I've never seen a nose as big as yours" A young "empowered one" said to this black police officer!!

But....But....But....... Only those Christian Conservative Trump Supporting Straight White Males are the racists. And they're Nazis even.

For a bunch of people claiming to be anti-racist they sure act like racists without any sense of their hypocrisy.

• Advertisement

so not marxists then?

If they support the destruction of our societies then yes they are Marxists. Its not that hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

biko wrote: »

I would not wear it.

I am not a pencil necked cowardly under achiever who blames everyone else for my shortcomings in life

Actually no I take that back. I'm a Nazi

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

White liberal racists, MLK warn the black community about them in the 60's.

I would not wear it.

I am not a pencil necked cowardly under achiever who blames everyone else for my shortcomings in life[/QUOTE]

Can you say that to the Antifa fools in Portland about not being .............

The law abiding citizens of Portland would appreciate that, I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

statesaver wrote: »
    I would not wear it.

I am not a pencil necked cowardly under achiever who blames everyone else for my shortcomings in life[/QUOTE]

Can you say that to the Antifa fools in Portland about not being .............

The law abiding citizens of Portland would appreciate that, I would say.

Just single out the ring leaders and shoot them. Problem solved.

Yeah, yeah, could get on board with that way of thinking, maybe :P :D

I would not wear it.

I am not a pencil necked cowardly under achiever who blames everyone else for my shortcomings in life

Actually no I take that back. I'm a Nazi

Honestly, you're sounding a bit like a proud boy.. It sounds like you're about to start ranting about alphas and nonsense like cucks. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

White liberal racists, MLK warn the black community about them in the 60's.

The oldest trick in the racist old boardsie playbook. 'Da anti racists are da real racists you guys !!!!' you're not fooling anyone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

You hate Antifa for being violent thugs but would be happy to see them shot?

Internet hardman act aside, how are you not aware of that irony?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    The oldest trick in the racist old boardsie playbook. 'Da anti racists are da real racists you guys !!!!' you're not fooling anyone.

MLK a racist ? Tell me more.

Martin Luther King said it, have you heard of him ? Obviously not.
    I would put a link to the video(s) but I feel you need to do it yourself, think of it as an educational awakening.

Your only fooling yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement