Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Having my trimmed bush admired :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

realised today that the yellow glads I planted way back are starting to flower... I was new here when I bought them and an old lady I was chatting to in the checkout queue said. "Well if you are setting flowers, you will be staying." Yep! I landed here (literally!) on September 8th last. The strangest and most fascinating year of my long life. welcome, yellow glads...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Out on Killiney beach at 7:30 pm watching a seal . Heaven

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I watched a few sunrises last week in my jocks in one of the most beautiful coastlines I've been on. Its hard to describe the feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TH Mee-Moo-Maow is back in and I'm finally going to be able to sleep _soundly_ after the exhausting day back at work.

She's young and when she goes out hunting she stays for hours, but I'd hate to think of her spending the night outside, not sure I'd manage to go to sleep.

Here she is, snogging the dog in a very undignified manner for a feline.

459587.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

This thread is great! <3

My boyfriend brought me a double cheese burger when he collected me today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

TH Mee-Moo-Maow is back in and I'm finally going to be able to sleep _soundly_ after the exhausting day back at work.

She looks a bit like our cat. I'd post a pic of her but I don't know how.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Having my trimmed bush admired :D

Didn't know you were interested in topiary. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

madmaggie wrote: »
    Didn't know you were interested in topiary. ;)

Didnt know that i was either:D

• Advertisement

happy that my toes are starting to warm up; with the help of my biggest cat. happy at the day ahead....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

When the penny drops as to why someone is so rude as to ignore your professional query.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

When the phone rings and it's "can we call around 10 for a chat?".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

She's young and when she goes out hunting she stays for hours, but I'd hate to think of her spending the night outside, not sure I'd manage to go to sleep.

Here she is, snogging the dog in a very undignified manner for a feline.

459587.jpg

This made me TH! Have been trying for three years to get our pair to snuggle up together but no. Dog is like a toddler on speed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The first glass out of a just opened bottle of orange juice

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

God bless pets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

People who go out of their way to help me, not because they have to...but because they want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

New Home wrote: »
    God bless pets!

Agreed
    459603.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

:D

That dog KNNNOOOOWS stuff.

He looks like Joey Tribbiani when he says "How YOU doin'".

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Agreed
    [IMG][/IMG]

He KNOWS!!!!!!

Snap! I just made a bags of my post though. What a great pic :pac:

• Advertisement

He looks like Joey Tribbiani when he says "How YOU doin'".

I've thought him well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

TH because the temperatures here in SW Germany are down to normal 23C. ;-)

The last few weeks it was reaching up to 36C outside and 26C inside. Now with a cool 23C and sunshine it´s time to get the bicycle out for a little 8km round course for shopping.

Nice thread. Had to read it from post #1 up to date over the last few days. :-)

I have just thought of a little cunning plan to mildly (hopefully) annoy my manager but with complete innocence. :D

This made me TH! Have been trying for three years to get our pair to snuggle up together but no. Dog is like a toddler on speed :D

clearly related to mine and mine is 12 years old.. :eek: she chivvies the cats.

Just been woken from the best sleep for years... I know; afternoon.... Just nodded off earlier and feel great. Had it not been for the dog from up the road having a loud hissy fit near the dwelling. I would still be asleep..

Needed that and am happy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I've thought him well ;)

Hahaha everyone beat me to it - that is a dog with secrets and/or tonnes of self confidence!!!!

Hahaha everyone beat me to it - that is a dog with secrets and/or tonnes of self confidence!!!!

The opposite of his owner so :D

The opposite of his owner so :D

Ah my dog is gorgeous and people stop him to tickle him.

Not like his mother!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ah my dog is gorgeous and people stop him to tickle him.

Not like his mother!!!

I bet his mother was a bitch!

:pac:

Quazzie wrote: »
    I bet his mother was a bitch!

:pac:

Both real and adoptive yeah lol!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Spending the morning/afternoon with great friends, and much laughing done. :D

Better than any tonic. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Had a visit from old friends this morning. It turns out that on Saturday next it's 20 years since I officially retired. As a result I'm being brought out to breakfast with undisclosed others and then dinner that night in my favourite 'posh' restaurant. So nice of people to remember - it hadn't dawned on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Had a visit from old friends this morning. It turns out that on Saturday next it's 20 years since I officially retired. As a result I'm being brought out to breakfast with undisclosed others and then dinner that night in my favourite 'posh' restaurant. So nice of people to remember - it hadn't dawned on me.

That's really lovely, and shows the high esteem in which you are held. :)

Congratulations on your 20yr retirement, no mean feat. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Finally got the issue with my laptop sorted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Ours is such a softie, the cat above would be at him kneading and trying to suckle all the time when she was small, and he'd just look at me a little bit uncomfortably, as if to say "well I don't like it very much but she's cute all the same". Thankfully now she nearly has got over the suckling, she just snuggles.

TH I came back home to find a big box of homemade custard buns with choc and sprinkles on top from the MIL. Just what the doctor ordered.
    Her scones are to die for too !

Currently drinking a really daycent cup of tea after a very high octane TA day watching Sharp Objects... and relax :)

all quiet and all the cats home and curled up asleep. Few things as comforting as sleeping cats...

Let sleeping dogs lie, Graces. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Booked my flight to Leeds. I'm both happy and terrified

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Slender Man in the cinema this evening. It was a great horror film.

Let sleeping dogs lie, Graces. :D

believe me, with the dog I have who is hyper 99.9 per cent of the time, when she crashes, I creep around... :D

The dwelling is redolent of blackberry jam; freezer sorted ready for the invasion, work for my hands, a warm bed..... yep. happy.... a bag of turf would perfect the day but too much to ask !

branie2 wrote: »
    Watching Slender Man in the cinema this evening. It was a great horror film.

Want to see it but the review are awful. You'd recommend so ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Back to school time .

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I found Flips in Lidl the other day. This makes me very happy!

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »

was he lost? Happy that you found him,

Boom_Bap wrote: »

What are flips?

They are slippers for your left foot, the ones for your right foot are called flops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭blade1

northgirl wrote: »
    What are flips?

Flip Flops, but instead of a pair, you pick up 2 left ones! :D
    Edit: Beaten to it! :pac:

blade1 wrote: »
    Flip Flops, but instead of a pair, you pick up 2 left ones! :D

Plagiarism!! :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement