Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

KatW4 wrote: »
    I'm an awful witch altogether guys

I bet you're like this kind of witch though :pac:

b0c4de13cfb36e412ca25ee522d1d33a--the-godmother-fairy-godmother.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

A surprise package in the post , thoughtful beyond words , sometimes thanks aren't enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    A surprise package in the post , thoughtful beyond words , sometimes thanks aren't enough :)

Knowing you as many of us here do I am sure it was well and truly deserved. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A 'suplise!' visit from a younger grandchild.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A 'suplise!' visit from a younger grandchild.

Snap I also got a surprise visit from my nephew :D!

He was smiling mad up at me and I was giving him loads kisses on his head :3 I was also making funny noises in a bid to get him to smile and he smiled once :3 .

• Advertisement

Safe place in an often unsafe world..

Howling with laughter watching Aprés match, they outdone themselves again, they were singing a song about not making the world and one of them was dressed as John Delaney and he was playing the keyboard :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Sorry Seph, can't bring myself to thank a soccer related post... :P

TH at such a productive few days ! I made curtains for our campervan, blimey it was a long job, but so rewarding to have lovely curtains up (there was none when we bought it).

I got the fabric really cheap in Cork, but it was fraying so much I had to basically hem everything twice, once just to stop the fraying, second time was the design.

I love making things myself.

edit : also, a little happiness that doesn't happen too often : our friends from Newfoundland were over recently, and they brought my favourite Jigs'n'Reels chocolates. It's from a crowd called The Newfoundland Chocolate Company, and they make real tasty chocolate like in the old times, that is, chocolate that really tastes of cocoa and not a fat overload.

The names are fun too ! Tonight I'm having "Any mummers allowed in ?" and "Rattlin' bog" (with Macadamia nut, cashew nut... yum !).

Sorry Seph, can't bring myself to thank a soccer related post... :P

Oh ok then default_sleep.png

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

I love the rain.

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Hmmmmm.. Back at thee !!! Surprise is the word!!!!!!!THANKYOU

small hot water bottle makes me happy this chilly morning.... snug as the wind howls and the rain batters..

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

I've made a new friend, doesn't happen all that often when you're in your 30s/40s. Feel like we've known each other forever, we just clicked and have such fun.
    Happened at a time when I really needed it and was starting to question certain things about friendship after a bad experience with one of my close friends this year after which that friendship is all but over.
    Sometimes people come into your life when you need them.

A early morning walk in air freshened after overnight showers, bright light, calm winds and nature at it's best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Starting to feel human again and it makes all the difference both mentally and physically :)

My flowers make me constantly happy with their bright faces and graceful ways.

First year in a new place where there is no garden can be odd, but I decided early on daffs, and then containers.

Chose two packets of seeds; poached egg plant and trailing nasturtiums @E1 each; thank you Mr Price and LIDL, one sack of compost, thank you LIDL,, total cost E4.. sowed them individually in yog pots etc.. then into five large pots.

They are magnificent...cheer the soul every day... One of the pots lives atop the gate post when wind allows and smiles at folk on the road..

Miracle of seeds..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

A work contact told me he fancied me last night. We've been at a conference together for the past week and there's been vibes.We live in different countries so it's unlikely anything major will happen between us. But it's nice to be fancied. I feel like Beyonce :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

No, Beyonce wishes she was you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

New Home wrote: »
    No, Beyonce wishes she was you. :)

:pac::pac::pac:

So....we're going to fly to Paris to meet for dinner in two weeks. This will be interesting... :o:):D

Watching Robins, Blue Tits and House Sparrows feeding newly fledged youngsters in the garden and knowing they were all the product of nests within the garden.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

So....we're going to fly to Paris to meet for dinner in two weeks. This will be interesting... :o:):D

*Runs to the shops to buy hat for the wedding* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Starting to feel human again and it makes all the difference both mentally and physically :)
    To feel your strength returning and your mood lifting each day, that's about the only upside of being unwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Sounds very fancy :p

Seeing rose hips formed already on the hedge, solid green and huge, makes me happy with the promise of wayside fruit in the autumn on this unspoiled island

Mrs S dolled up for a choir concert. She looks smashing.

Hope you told her! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,835 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Just checked the shrubs and young trees that I watered for hours during the hot spell and they are after having a savage spurt of growth.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

New Home wrote: »
    Hope you told her! :)

Absolutely!

TH that I can do so.

Absolutely!

TH that I can do so.

G'wan Sasha Thoughtless Bayou ya charmer ya :pac:

• Advertisement

G'wan Srameen ya charmer ya :pac:

Oh, it's easy with her. 💘

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement