Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox One Elite Controller thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,361 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

deco nate wrote: »
    I have been keeping an eye on this thread. And last week playing bf4 I realised my pad was on its way out, left tumbstick. I went all out and got this pad, yea pricey but it's so bloody good. Still trying to get used to the paddles. Just a pity you have to use a pc/laptop to configure it. Great pad though

You don't have to use a PC. Download the Xbox Accessories App.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

On? Xbox, I had a look and nothing showed up. I'm on preview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

On? Xbox, I had a look and nothing showed up. I'm on preview

It should be already on your xbox. Go to My games & apps and search for Xbox Accessories.

It will be a picture of a thumbstick like this:

1fb76186-2484-4b3f-bb1e-62f67981bf12.png?n=pan-accessories-app-l.png

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It should be already on your xbox. Go to My games & apps and search for Xbox Accessories.

It will be a picture of a thumbstick like this:

1fb76186-2484-4b3f-bb1e-62f67981bf12.png?n=pan-accessories-app-l.png
    Well now I feel silly, I did a search in the store an nothing showed up, yet in my apps it's there! Thanks MiskyBoyy, and all others.*runs with his tail between his legs* :)

Well now I feel silly, I did a search in the store an nothing showed up, yet in my apps it's there! Thanks MiskyBoyy, and all others.*runs with his tail between his legs* :)

Enjoy your awesome controller :D

Lol I am, cept when I panic and hit the paddles, I'm I jumping? Wait?! I'm diving? ! WTF? Lol
    With time, just need some time.
    Thanks to all, I'm gonna buy one for my little cousin. Now I know he can use the Xbox to program the buttons, really thanks. Ya cost me a 150 notes lol. (prefer b an m shops for hardware)

I don't even use the feckin paddles :pac:

I'll have to give them a bash again. Only game I remember really using them was Battlefront, 1 for jetpack, another for grenade or so.

Jump, dive, swap gun. No need to take you're thumbs off the sticks, it helps. But only if you don't panic lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I don't even use the feckin paddles :pac:

I'll have to give them a bash again. Only game I remember really using them was Battlefront, 1 for jetpack, another for grenade or so.
    I have chronic arthritis thanks to the paddles... but its worth it to gain that extra edge. Bad news is you can't hold a knife and fork anymore :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I have chronic arthritis thanks to the paddles... but its worth it to gain that extra edge. Bad news is you can't hold a knife and fork anymore :p
    140512849-deformed-hands-due-to-rheumatoid-arthritis-x-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=CP10Kv0TuZZx8%2FQOddEkdTv9T4E8LrSt7cuIvzO6hWoywH9Iv%2B%2BopCRYb9ycDxAC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Got mine last Thursday but only got to use it sparingly over the weekend, haven't used the paddles yet. (Thought my top ones were broken for longer than I'd care to admit because they were brushing off the bottom pair. Eventually twigged I had them on upside down!). Do people use them much outside of shooting/racing games?

B_Sharp wrote: »
    Got mine last Thursday but only got to use it sparingly over the weekend, haven't used the paddles yet. (Thought my top ones were broken for longer than I'd care to admit because they were brushing off the bottom pair. Eventually twigged I had them on upside down!). Do people use them much outside of shooting/racing games?

I know exactly what button is mapped to each pad, so I find I can use them pretty easily with any game, but I still use a standard controller for anything thats not an FPS or driving game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Has anyone had any problems with Elite controllers? I had to return one cos the right trigger was faulty and now this new one has an issue with the d-pad, it's like the metal cross isn't sitting right on the green cross.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any problems with Elite controllers? I had to return one cos the right trigger was faulty and now this new one has an issue with the d-pad, it's like the metal cross isn't sitting right on the green cross.
    No probs with mine.

Who is the seller?

Argos. It's definitely that the magnetic cross doesn't sit snugly because the green part underneath is fine when I press it. Off to Argos I go tomorrow so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Argos. It's definitely that the magnetic cross doesn't sit snugly because the green part underneath is fine when I press it. Off to Argos I go tomorrow so.

I does the magnetic circle sit over the green cross?

jayo26 wrote: »
    I does the magnetic circle sit over the green cross?

Yeah the circular one seems fine, it's just the cross one is dodgy.

Yeah the circular one seems fine, it's just the cross one is dodgy.

I know it's probably stupid but u have checked nothing is stuck in under it or anything out of place that you can fix?

I know it's probably stupid but u have checked nothing is stuck in under it or anything out of place that you can fix?

Yeah I checked everything, it just doesn't sit right is all. Hopefully they replace it again.

This guy has the exact same problem. At the bottom of the page he says the pad clicks twice, that's what mine is doing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/452sl1/techwhere_to_get_a_replacement_dpad_for_a_faulty/

• Advertisement

Got my replacement today and it seems fine. The woman in Argos was great.

Gizmo55 wrote:
    Got my replacement today and it seems fine. The woman in Argos was great.

Argos and Amazon my 2 favourite places for customer service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

If there's one thing that has been slightly disappointing about the Elite controller is the lack of a WIN button.
    For the cost, I half expected that this controller would sport a button which, when pressed, goes Boom! Game over! You are the winner!
    Would have been very useful in certain games, particularly online.

Joking aside, I really like the Elite. No problems with it so far, and I've been giving it the treatment with a week of Forza.

JoyPad wrote: »
    ...For the cost, I half expected that this controller would sport a button which, when pressed, goes Boom! Game over! You are the winner!

I AM THE BUTTON :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

The missus got me this recently for the bday. What a piece of kit. It just feels perfect in your hand. I'm trying to only use it for fps though

The missus got me this recently for the bday. What a piece of kit. It just feels perfect in your hand. I'm trying to only use it for fps though

I thought you said "What a piece of sh*t" at first there :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I thought you said "What a piece of sh*t" at first there :eek:

So did I when I first read it, I had to read back over it to make sure lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

I think I felt one of trigger buttons sticking a bit....desperately trying to justify getting one of these!!

btw, is there any talk of an upgraded elite? I guess they fix things that need fixing without calling it a new model, but any sign of an Elite 2 anytime soon?

Anyone bought the replacements parts of eBay? My little one got her hands on the stubby thumb sticks and has lost one on me. Is the quality the same?

Anyone bought the replacements parts of eBay? My little one got her hands on the stubby thumb sticks and has lost one on me. Is the quality the same?

Let's be honest you should smash something that she loves.... The little **** :D

which stick? the dome top or the one thats like a standard stick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I'm thinking of taking the plunge and picking one of these up. Seem to vary from 120-150 but I am guessing that they are worth it of course :)

amadablam wrote: »
    I'm thinking of taking the plunge and picking one of these up. Seem to vary from 120-150 but I am guessing that they are worth it of course :)

A great purchase. If you play a decent amount of Xbox they are worth it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It's the kind of thing that you don't really notice how much you need it til you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I'll be bringing back my second Elite controller to be replaced in 5 months. Last night during a tense game of competitive Overwatch the LB button cracked and came almost completely loose :(

I love the controller and don't want to use anything else but it seems that the manufacturing is not as high quality as advertised.

Am i just unlucky?

Never dropped it, and i don't hammer on the buttons. Never had to replace a controller prior to the Elite.

Very frustrating, but at least i have the Lunar as a back up. Would recommend that anyway.

My mate laughed at me for paying so much for a controller said I was mad then he tried it and bought one himself. You cant appreciate how good it is until you use one.

We talked a while ago about the play and charge battery kit I can't recommend it enough I know some people here prefer swapping out rechargeable batteries but I'm getting great lengths out of mine and I just plug it in the odd night or morning when I'm not using it.

I'll be bringing back my second Elite controller to be replaced in 5 months. Last night during a tense game of competitive Overwatch the LB button cracked and came almost completely loose :(

I love the controller and don't want to use anything else but it seems that the manufacturing is not as high quality as advertised.

Am i just unlucky?

Never dropped it, and i don't hammer on the buttons. Never had to replace a controller prior to the Elite.

Very frustrating, but at least i have the Lunar as a back up. Would recommend that anyway.

Was the the game where we nearly won with the five man?

Some good games last night though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Am i just unlucky?

As Steve Jobs said when confronted with evidence of poor iPhone design resulting in poor reception, "You're holding it wrong"

It's weird with this generation of controllers, I've done my usual thing of not really caring for my controllers, dropping them, squeezing them in rage, and I've not had any issue at all, and yet other people have had major issues, to the point that they handle their controllers with kid gloves and still manage to break them.

There's obviously something wrong with the materials used, but it only crops up for people "using" it in a certain way. It's mad.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,397 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm on my second elite, one of the springs went in the paddle I had mapped the jump button to in Rocket League. I don't think it would have happened if I hadn't bought Rocket League though.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Was the the game where we nearly won with the five man?

Some good games last night though.

Hah, a later one which we almost managed to nearly win. Still, we had some fun games even if we lost the majority.

Turns out Gamestop won't replace the controller this time, gonna have to get in touch with Microsoft. Joy.

Just realized I can buy this on the Microsoft store using my half price Tesco credit :D

Sorry, no you can't :mad: Cards and paypal only

• Advertisement

qrx wrote: »
    Just realized I can buy this on the Microsoft store using my half price Tesco credit :D

Savage! Thanks for that. I have 200 in half price credit so ill do it too :D

ELITE CONTROLLERS FOR ALL!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

makes me even more annoyed I missed out :(

Sorry lads, got ahead of myself. doesn't work :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

It was the first thing I tried when I got my credits from Tesco, I forgot to mention on here that it wasnt accepted.
    Mia Colpa!

ELITE CONTROLLERS FOR NOBODY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

ELITE CONTROLLERS FOR NOBODY MONEY!

Fixed!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,397 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ELITE CONTROLLERS FOR NOBODY!

Put the sword away Failsafe, there'll be no knightings today :(

Sorry lads, got ahead of myself. doesn't work :(
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Put the sword away Failsafe, there'll be no knightings today :(

Public execution will take place in the castle Bailey at sunrise.

Let this be a lesson to all.

• Advertisement

Public execution will take place in the castle Bailey at sunrise.

Let this be a lesson to all.

Could it be pleaded that the execution include being hung, drawn and quartered as a mere execution won't satisfy the elite :)

Advertisement