Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Spillane voicing his concerns that Mayo are going to beat Kerry already. Ah Pat, cute hoor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Spillane voicing his concerns that Mayo are going to beat Kerry already. Ah Pat, cute hoor.

Last week he was going to eat his shirt or his hat or something if the winner of the Mayo/Ros game won the All-Ireland. He's not giving Kerry much of a chance so of claiming Sam!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

It looks like the black jerseys will be worn on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Kalyke wrote: »
    I'm in the minority but I don't like them

• Registered Users Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Kalyke wrote: »

Love those black and red jerseys.

And on the trivial note what are the colours of the only county Kerry have never beaten in the championship ?

Correct.

• Advertisement

And on the trivial note what are the colours of the only county Kerry have never beaten in the championship ?

Correct.

I love those jerseys
    : D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Correct.

Any chance we could reanimate ourselves into the men of the Mourne county for a few hours by stealth?!

I do like the jersey,not a big fan of the last away jersey with that dash of illuminous lime.

Gonna listen to Terrace Talk with Weeshie Fogarty tonight,should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Any chance we could reanimate ourselves into the men of the Mourne county for a few hours by stealth?!

I do like the jersey,not a big fan of the last away jersey with that dash of illuminous lime.

Gonna listen to Terrace Talk with Weeshie Fogarty tonight,should be interesting.

They have John Evans on there. I can't see it happening but he reckons Keegan will be pulled back and put on Donaghy.

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    They have John Evans on there. I can't see it happening but he reckons Keegan will be pulled back and put on Donaghy.

Yeah he reckons Vaughan will take Crowley,Boyle will take Walsh,Barrett on O Donoghue and Harrison on Geaney.I think Donie will take Donaghy.

No changes according to Liam Brosnan,although he reckons Killian Young might come in to mark Cillian.Barry will start to counter Mayo's mobility in the middle although I think Seamie has definitely lose a bit of pace.

Don't get the love for Michael Geaney,O Brien is a much superior player imo.Finish with a stronger team is the logic.

Hoping Andy has a similar day out on Marc Griffin as earlier in the year.

Unfortunately Weeshie has been off air for about a year due to illness.

His replacement Timmy Monihan is so bad he is good, I can't get enough of it.

Caught a bit of it tonight, sounded like they were suddenly aware that Mayo had to be meet before Dublin in the sense that up to this point any discussion was geared towards how to beat Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Bringing my niece on Sunday and I'm wondering how strict are they with juvenile tickets? She's 16 and a bit and quiet tall. Do they check ID?
    I usually get my ticket through the club but am looking at tickets.ie now. No Cusack available so Davin is my only option at the moment :(

Mayo News Podcast Keys to the Kingdom. http://themayonews.podomatic.com/enclosure/2017-08-14T05_29_30-07_00.mp3

As the anticipation builds ahead of Sunday's semi final between Mayo and Kerry in Croke Park,the podcast returns for a detailed preview.Host Rob Murphy is joined by Mike Finnerty,Edwin McGreal and Sean Rice in the Mayo News offices to get stuck into the detail of what promises to be a fascinating duel between the league champions and last year's All Ireland runners up.Also on the podcast we hear a preview of our interview with former Mayo selector Tom Prendergast who sat down with us to look back on the epic semi final of 2014 between the sides.The full interview will be in Friday's podcast extra.As if that's not enough,Mike Finnerty caught up with Knockmore's Kevin McLoughlin at the Mayo press night to talk all things football and milk cartons.

cocoman wrote: »
    Bringing my niece on Sunday and I'm wondering how strict are they with juvenile tickets? She's 16 and a bit and quiet tall. Do they check ID?
    I usually get my ticket through the club but am looking at tickets.ie now. No Cusack available so Davin is my only option at the moment :(

You will have zero issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

km79 wrote: »
    You will have zero issues

Great. Thanks.
    I'll hold off ordering for a couple of days. More Cusack might come available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

cocoman wrote: »

Don't worry, you'll have no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

It was laughable when he said on Miriams show he wasn't doing cute hoorism.

Kerry pundits never ever tip Kerry in an AI final. Its the unwritten rule. Tip everyone but Kerry is what they do.

I think Dublin and Kerry are evenly matched. Mayo and Tyrone are not far off them.

I think any one of the big four could win the AI, but only if Mayo tighten up in defence.

It was laughable when he said on Miriams show he wasn't doing cute hoorism.

Kerry pundits never ever tip Kerry in an AI final. Its the unwritten rule. Tip everyone but Kerry is what they do.

I think Dublin and Kerry are evenly matched. Mayo and Tyrone are not far off them.

I think any one of the big four could win the AI, but only if Mayo tighten up in defence.

To be fair to Spillane he has said since the start of the championship that despite Kerry's league win they still have a bit to prove.

Plenty of Kerry pundits tip Kerry all the time, and you will see that later this week

Yeah he reckons Vaughan will take Crowley,Boyle will take Walsh,Barrett on O Donoghue and Harrison on Geaney.I think Donie will take Donaghy.

No changes according to Liam Brosnan,although he reckons Killian Young might come in to mark Cillian.Barry will start to counter Mayo's mobility in the middle although I think Seamie has definitely lose a bit of pace.

Don't get the love for Michael Geaney
    ,O Brien is a much superior player imo.Finish with a stronger team is the logic.

Head over to the Kerry thread, the have no love for him there.

A real head scratcher why he is always in the team according to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Very low key build up so far, I'd imagine that's gonna change any minute now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Anyone listen to the Mayo News Podcast? They were suggesting a return for Caff, and they were being serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

PARlance wrote: »
    Anyone listen to the Mayo News Podcast? They were suggesting a return for Caff, and they were being serious.

Haven't got around to it yet they can't be serious with caf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Are you clairvoyant.....its not on their website ....

Whats Sundays full-time result by the way.....

Don't get the love for Michael Geaney,O Brien is a much superior player imo.Finish with a stronger team is the logic.

If Vaughan is on Crowley, Keegan to come back, and presumably we will have 2 keeping an eye on Donaghy, who does he think loses out from the last day.

blinding wrote: »
    Are you clairvoyant.....its not on their website ....

Whats Sundays full-time result by the way.....

Do you not want to know how much we beat Tyrone by in the final?

I use Podcast Addict and it has been up since yesterday afternoon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Do you not want to know how much we beat Tyrone by in the final?

I use Podcast Addict and it has been up since yesterday afternoon.
    :P Thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Kerry_2008

Any see the Sunday World where David Brady suggested that Aidan o@Shea should be brought back to mark Donaghy? His logic is that when O'Shea beats Dongahy to the high balls Donaghy will go out the field and O'Shea will follow him which will suit O'Shea/ Problem Solved!

I really hope Rochford puts, a rookie full back on Donaghy. Did Brady even watch the Galway game?

Kerry_2008 wrote: »
    Any see the Sunday World where David Brady suggested that Aidan o@Shea should be brought back to mark Donaghy? His logic is that when O'Shea beats Dongahy to the high balls Donaghy will go out the field and O'Shea will follow him which will suit O'Shea/ Problem Solved!

I really hope Rochford puts, a rookie full back on Donaghy. Did Brady even watch the Galway game?

I've seen a lot of crazy suggestiins
    But that beats all

km79 wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of crazy suggestiins
    But that beats all

For a starter, I don't think Aidan O'Shea would beat Donaghy for the diagonal punts in. O'Shea is unreal at fetching throw-ins at start and half-time, and for throw-ups during the game. But not necessarily dominant in general play from kick-outs etc. Maybe it's the different trajectory of the ball.
    Plus when Donaghy would beat him to a ball, he would be around O'Shea and in for goal, as if O'Shea was not even there.

And I don't get the calls for Barry Moran to be the solution. WHen was the last time he had a run of games in the Mayo jersey. Can't just expect him to come into a semi-final against Kerry.

For a starter, I don't think Aidan O'Shea would beat Donaghy for the diagonal punts in. O'Shea is unreal at fetching throw-ins at start and half-time, and for throw-ups during the game. But not necessarily dominant in general play from kick-outs etc. Maybe it's the different trajectory of the ball.
    Plus when Donaghy would beat him to a ball, he would be around O'Shea and in for goal, as if O'Shea was not even there.

And I don't get the calls for Barry Moran to be the solution. WHen was the last time he had a run of games in the Mayo jersey. Can't just expect him to come into a semi-final against Kerry.

I could see the logic in Barry Moran going in there as a sweeper, playing in front of Donaghy and with someone else marking him from behind. But that was only on the basis of him playing against the Rossies... you don't want anyone coming in cold against Kerry.

• Advertisement

Personally I think it'll be Harrison on Donaghy with Vaughan helping out... you'll have Diarmuid getting back there too if the Roscommon game is anything to go by.

I think it'll be one change for the weekend, Lee in for Seamus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement