Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Patrykci69

How do you get GameStop to send you these emails?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Patrykci69 wrote: »

I didn't receive this, what I posted was a reply to an enquiry on Twitter.

My brother is in the same boat. He ordered on September 20th in store and has still received no communication from GameStop.

I received the wave 2 email.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

I didn't receive this, what I posted was a reply to an enquiry on Twitter.

My brother is in the same boat. He ordered on September 20th in store and has still received no communication from GameStop.

I received the wave 2 email.

I called into gamestop just now to query them on wave 2. I pre ordered in store September 23, i haven't received any contact. The shop assistant told me wave 2 will be December 10th at the earliest and they will be contacting people again soon. If you don't receive any contact about wave 2 then it will more than likely be after Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I wonder if will even be wave 2. I preordered on 11th of October. If shops reopen on Tuesday, then I much prefer pick it up there.

Same here, put order on launch day fully paid so prefer to collect in store at this rate

• Advertisement

dines08 wrote: »
    I called into gamestop just now to query them on wave 2. I pre ordered in store September 23, i haven't received any contact. The shop assistant told me wave 2 will be December 10th at the earliest and they will be contacting people again soon. If you don't receive any contact about wave 2 then it will more than likely be after Christmas

Did he say if you received your in wave 2 email you are definitely going to get one then in that batch in December?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Did he say if you received your in wave 2 email you are definitely going to get one then in that batch in December?

I didn't ask since i hadn't received the email but i doubt they would offer that guarantee. He said they are only being drip fed information and that customer care are swamped

dines08 wrote: »
    I didn't ask since i hadn't received the email but i doubt they would offer that guarantee. He said they are only being drip fed information and that customer care are swamped

Cool thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Davobbz

Has anyone picked up a series X in currys at all? Is it worth my while checking my local after work I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Esho

Yes - I got one in Currys Mahon Cork today, thanks to a poster on this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I have an LG OLED and when I connect my Bluetooth headphones the picture setting which is on Game changes to standard, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I have an LG OLED and when I connect my Bluetooth headphones the picture setting which is on Game changes to standard, anyone else?

Are you sure thats not the Game audio versus a shift in picture settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

I’ve never used Bluetooth headphones with mine, but I just tested there and mine’s doing the same!

Edit: It’s not uncommon it seems - https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED/comments/ajzh6e/lg_c8_cant_use_bluetooth_headphones_and_game_mode/

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mc_teo

Esho wrote: »
    Yes - I got one in Currys Mahon Cork today, thanks to a poster on this thread

Wow, so the store had stock in that wasn't on their website? I'm killed here refreshing all the sites every time I think of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fallonben

I pre-ordered from Gamestop but the deposit was never taken from my Paypal account....is anyone else in the same boat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

People expressed disappointment that the Xbox Series S version of Assassin's Creed Valhalla was locked to 30FPS well it got an update last night it now runs in 60FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

mc_teo wrote: »
    Wow, so the store had stock in that wasn't on their website? I'm killed here refreshing all the sites every time I think of it :(

Stop the lights. I'm scouring UK and Ireland sites. Sick of it. can't get over Currys. I'd head down tomorrow and they'd be gone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Davobbz

Picked up a series X in currys Limerick around 7:30pm. Cashier said they got a load of stock in this morning and still plenty left. I reckon if you head tomorrow morning when they open you'd get sorted. He says all other Currys should have had stock delivered this morning but couldn't check for me.

Good luck, you'll get one ðŸ‘

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

People expressed disappointment that the Xbox Series S version of Assassin's Creed Valhalla was locked to 30FPS well it got an update last night it now runs in 60FPS.

The Series S is pretty impressive! That looks wonderful.
    But it has very little disk space. And it's confusing.

I think MS should have provided these options instead:
    - SX disk version 1TB 499
    - SX digital 1 TB 399
    - SX digital 1/2 TB 299
    - 1/2 TB expansion card 100
    - external drive for booting disk games 100
    or some way to getting a once off digital license for a disk game you own.

Then everybody has all options open to them and everyone is on SX.
    There is no market segmentation.

Also, gyro control on the controller so I can do super sweet fine precision bow/etc control ala breath of the wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Davobbz wrote: »
    Picked up a series X in currys Limerick around 7:30pm. Cashier said they got a load of stock in this morning and still plenty left. I reckon if you head tomorrow morning when they open you'd get sorted. He says all other Currys should have had stock delivered this morning but couldn't check for me.

Did you have to order online for collection or is the shop open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,851 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Someone tell Shadowhearth quick.

Did you pick one up straight from the store or did you have to do click and collect? When I look on the website it doesn’t seem to give me an option to buy it it just shows all the specs of the console.

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    The Series S is pretty impressive! That looks wonderful.
    But it has very little disk space. And it's confusing.

I think MS should have provided these options instead:
    - SX disk version 1TB 499
    - SX digital 1 TB 399
    - SX digital 1/2 TB 299
    - 1/2 TB expansion card 100
    - external drive for booting disk games 100
    or some way to getting a once off digital license for a disk game you own.

Then everybody has all options open to them and everyone is on SX.
    There is no market segmentation.

Also, gyro control on the controller so I can do super sweet fine precision bow/etc control ala breath of the wild.

I went with the S because I could not get the X but I have been blown away by the performance on the little console I will be sticking with it.

However you are right about the storage I paid the €250 for the expansion card plus I have USB SSD for the older games which brings my console up to a total of 2TB.

The Graphics and performance on that Call of Duty game is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I went with the S because I could not get the X but I have been blown away by the performance on the little console I will be sticking with it.

However you are right about the storage I paid the €250 for the expansion card plus I have USB SSD for the older games which brings my console up to a total of 2TB.

You can store new games on the USB SSD.

You can store new games on the USB SSD.

I am aware that Next Gen games can be stored on a USB SSD but I got the expansion card as I like to be able to boot up a good choice of next gen games without moving files around.

I run Xbox One Xbox 360 and Original Xbox games from the USB SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Right. Well the expansion was made for people like you it is wasted on someone like me.

Right. Well the expansion was made for people like you it is wasted on someone like me.

I think you might change your mind as the generation goes on.
    Even the storage on the Series X will fill up fast enough and hopefully the price of those cards comes down.

I am pretty happy with the performance of the S and for the entire last generation I only got digital games.

All 3 next generation consoles are pretty low on storage PS5 only has 660TB after system files Series S is the worst on 362GB.

To get the most out of these new consoles people are going to have to upgrade the storage on them Call of Duty on the Series S is 118GB alone.

Quick Resume really fast loading needs this new generation of storage.

A good frame rate and not staring at loading bars is the biggest quality of life improvement on this new generation.

People can now have a quick game of Red Dead Redemption 2 and GTA 5 without waiting an eternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Goose81

Why would you stick with the series s and pay 250 for the expansion card instead of getting a series X? That's absolutely <MOD SNIP> and I have a series s..

You could have got the same capacity and better console for less money

• Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement

Goose81 wrote: »
    Why would you stick with the series s and pay 250 for the expansion card instead of getting a series X? That's absolutely retarded and I have a series s..

You could have got the same capacity and better console for the same price

I tried to get an X with no success however even if I do upgrade to the X I will just put the expansion card in that.:)

I am sure I will get a decent trade in for my Series S and One S once there are plenty of consoles in stock.

Advertisement