Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

druss wrote: »
    Same question as above! Did you have previous correspondence saying you were in wave 2? Or the more vague one saying you were in a virtual queue?

It just said u wasn't getting one for launch and that they would be in touch in the first email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Kimbot wrote: »
    It just said u wasn't getting one for launch and that they would be in touch in the first email.

Sound. I saw a similar case on Twitter. So it looks like this email is issuing to those who had a pre-order but didn't get a launch allocation (where it seems like you must have ordered sometime in 2019 or earlier!) or into the so-called phase 2.

I'll still keep some hope for the next few weeks so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Sound. I saw a similar case on Twitter. So it looks like this email is issuing to those who had a pre-order but didn't get a launch allocation (where it seems like you must have ordered sometime in 2019 or earlier!) or into the so-called phase 2.

I'll still keep some hope for the next few weeks so.

I ordered the day preorders opened in gamestop so September this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

This fills me with hope.... false hope 😂

dines08 wrote: »
    This fills me with hope.... false hope 😂

Well I have mine paid off so I might just collect it and sell at cost price to someone that needs one for a Christmas pressie.

• Advertisement

I ordered at the same time (edit: actually a few days before the official preorder day, which was 22 September). We now know that you could have put down €50 at anytime in the last few years as a deposit on an Xbox 9th Gen console and it would have been accepted and logged in the queue.

My order update in late October put me in the late November timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

My COD Black Ops Cold War has started to freeze. Every other game runs fine..

EDIT: I can't share my captures and recordings on Twitter or upload to xbox live. Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

DM_2092 wrote: »
    My COD Black Ops Cold War has started to freeze. Every other game runs fine..

EDIT: I can't share my captures and recordings on Twitter or upload to xbox live. Anyone else have this problem?

Cold War keeps crashing for me and shutting off both the regular Xbox and And series x box

Cold War keeps crashing for me and shutting off both the regular Xbox and And series x box

Yeah, I'm surprised more isn't being made of this. I have a mate whose Xbox was constantly shutting off when playing Cold War, I had great pleasure in winding him up about buying a dud Series X......until it started happening to me. I've had two complete shutdowns in Cold War.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Well I have mine paid off so I might just collect it and sell at cost price to someone that needs one for a Christmas pressie.

That's what I'm doing, Gamestop wouldn't offer a full cash refund...

And yes same 'wave 2' situation as this.

• Advertisement

hots wrote: »
    That's what I'm doing, Gamestop wouldn't offer a full cash refund...

And yes same 'wave 2' situation as this.

I think you can only get the cash refund in store. I paid by card and they told me I have to wait until my local is open again to go in and get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I've had no crashes on the One X but the game is a stuttery mess. I'm not playing it again until I get news of some patches. If I hadnt got it on the cheap from cdkeys I'd be looking to return

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm surprised more isn't being made of this. I have a mate whose Xbox was constantly shutting off when playing Cold War, I had great pleasure in winding him up about buying a dud Series X......until it started happening to me. I've had two complete shutdowns in Cold War.

It's causing issues on the PS5 as well.

I think you can only get the cash refund in store. I paid by card and they told me I have to wait until my local is open again to go in and get a refund.

They were saying store credit only for the trade-in element and then in-store cash refund for the deposit element. Which isn't unfair, just a bit annoying otherwise I could cancel and free up an allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

At least you getting those emails. I got nothing from gamestop. So I guess its after Xmas for me.

At least you getting those emails. I got nothing from gamestop. So I guess its after Xmas for me.

Did you get the "Order Update" email on 29 October?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Some more S X impressions:
    - upright it looks like the most incredible console/pc design ever. Lying down it looks like a bread-bin.
    - it's a lot smaller than people were making out. It's probably the same volume as the one x; and same weight.
    - some disks spin louder than others. I noticed the install on one disk was very loud; others have been absolutely fine. Just a fast hum.
    - it's very quiet, like "how the hell is this working" / "is it on" quiet.
    - GTA5 seems to load fast and re-spawn is fast. But I've never played GTA5 before :)
    - for me, with a few hours to play each week, it's a complete indulgence over the one x. But's it's definitely zipper and quieter.
    - where is the killer launch game Microsoft; and I don't mean yet another HALO/DOOM clone. This is why people goto Sony and Nintendo. Get it?
    - throw devs some cash to fix those performance issues vs PS. Or let us know why PS is doing better here and when it'll be improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Least gamestop store be opening next week will pop in if I hadn't heard by then, I pity the staff cos some people will go ape s**t with them in store. I for one won't but some people will. Never know they might get stock to store and call people into collect it then. Would prefer that at this stage unless hear from them by Wednesday that it's been sent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dickiepower

1 xbox series x in Smyths toys tralee just in stock

Update: This is gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

1 xbox series x in Smyths toys tralee just in stock

Update: This is gone now.

I must complain that your post was updated without using this gif.

May the lord forgive you.

r_456399_iiZNG.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    - throw devs some cash to fix those performance issues vs PS. Or let us know why PS is doing better here and when it'll be improved.

Is it really doing that much better? Series X version drops a handful of frames and has screen tearing which is fixed when set to 60hz. Pretty good given my next point;

It's not really a money issue. The final PS5 devkits have been in the hands of developers much longer than Series X. They had more time to optimise games like Valhalla on PS5 than they had Series X.

Remember, Series X was originally going to run Valhalla at 30fps. Is this an issue with the Series X power? No. It's an optimisation issue. Devs simply don't have enough time to optimize a game by launch because they didn't have the devkits long enough. Did Valahalla release at 30fps? No. They were able to bring it up to 60fps in time.

Also, Valhalla on PS5 is practically running on PS4 engines.

Currently, there aren't any games running Series X's full capabilities. And like we predicted and like every other generation. We aren't going to see those massive changes or until a one year or two years in the to the life cycle of the console.

But right now, it's running games at 4K, 60fps. We have auto-HDR added to older titles as well as frame-unlocks. If like me you didn't have a One X. Well, check out Red Dead Redemption (2010) in glorious 4K! It's the only place to play RDR in 4K. Here is a list of games enhanced for the One X that were enhanced for the One X, which carries over to Series X.

If you want newer games, why not try Watch Dogs: Legion using ray-tracing. As far as I'm aware it's the first game or one of the first games ever using ray-tracing on consoles. Cyberpunk next month and Valhalla now.

Starfield is allegedly coming out next year and will be on Game Pass day 1.

GDK is the name of the devkits for Xbox and they got to the developers much later as outlined in this video and confirmed by various developers.

https://youtu.be/HQISCYte6N4

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

Can I ask if you had a previous email saying you were in wave 2 and would get sorted in November or the one saying you were in a queue and would be sorted asap?

I'm just wondering is this an update on wave 2 or wave 3! Thanks.

Hopefully this will give people a better idea but I put down by deposit for XBoxX on Oct 3rd and paid rest off in full the day before latest lockdown (though paying in full should be immaterial).

I got email Nov 5th to say I won't be in the launch. Then I got email at 9am today so say I'll have it by Dec 25th - nothing to say if I've in Wave 3 or beyond (though assume I'm in Wave 3). Email mentions that specific date will be communicated by the store I placed order with time for collection (which is fine by me as thats what I wanted).

So if they're doing this properly can assume if you ordered after Oct 3rd then best case scenario is you're in Wave 3 before Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Is it really doing that much better? Series X version drops a handful of frames and has screen tearing which is fixed when set to 60hz. Pretty good given my next point;

It's not really a money issue. The final PS5 devkits have been in the hands of developers much longer than Series X. They had more time to optimise games like Valhalla on PS5 than they had Series X.

Remember, Series X was originally going to run Valhalla at 30fps. Is this an issue with the Series X power? No. It's an optimisation issue. Devs simply don't have enough time to optimize a game by launch because they didn't have the devkits long enough. Did Valahalla release at 30fps? No. They were able to bring it up to 60fps in time.

Currently, there aren't any games running Series X's full capabilities. And like we predicted and like every other generation. We aren't going to see those massive changes or until a one year or two years in the to the life cycle of the console.

But right now, it's running games at 4K, 60fps. We have auto-HDR added to older titles as well as frame-unlocks. If like me you didn't have a One X. Well, check out Red Dead Redemption (2010) in glorious 4K! It's the only place to play RDR in 4K. Here is a list of games enhanced for the One X that were enhanced for the One X, which carries over to Series X.

If you want newer games, why not try Watch Dogs: Legion using ray-tracing. As far as I'm aware it's the first game or one of the first games ever using ray-tracing on consoles. Cyberpunk next month and Valhalla now.

Starfield is allegedly coming out next year and will be on Game Pass day 1.

All I'm saying is that they need something new, first party, that was developed with the hardware to show it off. Forza 4, Ori, Gears all updated ( e.g. 4k 120 fps ) ... but they need something new. I know Halo slipped, but I'm not sure that's a draw anymore when you've got a gazillion FPSs out there. Maybe they've just been unlucky with covid and games were not ready or optimised on time. They seem to have got everything else covered.

(edit - coming from one x ... so the leap is not be so apparent for me ... right now)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Least gamestop store be opening next week will pop in if I hadn't heard by then, I pity the staff cos some people will go ape s**t with them in store. I for one won't but some people will. Never know they might get stock to store and call people into collect it then. Would prefer that at this stage unless hear from them by Wednesday that it's been sent out.

This is true and to be fair staff I dealt with in the stores are always brilliant and it's not their fault

• Registered Users Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Gamestop don't seem to be doing themselves any favours and are doing damage to the brand.

All they needed to do is have a few of their staff working responding to pre-order queries and sending out email/text updates with the current status. It's not rocket science, and it keeps customers on your side - these customers may end up buying extra controllers or games in the future, so best keep them happy.

Some I know who had consoles reserved with them have now gone off and sourced them elsewhere.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

JDxtra wrote: »
    Gamestop don't seem to be doing themselves any favours and are doing damage to the brand.

All they needed to do is have a few of their staff working responding to pre-order queries and sending out email/text updates with the current status. It's not rocket science, and it keeps customers on your side - these customers may end up buying extra controllers or games in the future, so best keep them happy.

Some I know who had consoles reserved with them have now gone off and sourced them elsewhere.

It seems to be a case that they can't access any information on in store preorders. It doesn't make sense to do it that way, in this day and age, but it seems to be. If the closed shops can't access the specific information for their customer, they can't complete the order. Seems a bit mad.

The Joycer wrote: »
    This is true and to be fair staff I dealt with in the stores are always brilliant and it's not their fault

Their in store staff are always great, wouldn't have a bad word to say about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭JDxtra

whiterebel wrote: »
    It seems to be a case that they can't access any information on in store preorders. It doesn't make sense to do it that way, in this day and age, but it seems to be. If the closed shops can't access the specific information for their customer, they can't complete the order. Seems a bit mad.

Yes, it should be on a central system. How else are they going to know how many they need to order?

If each pre-order list is only accessible in store, they probably can't do anything because they've temporarily laid off those staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

The Joycer wrote: »
    Hopefully this will give people a better idea but I put down by deposit for XBoxX on Oct 3rd and paid rest off in full the day before latest lockdown (though paying in full should be immaterial).

I got email Nov 5th to say I won't be in the launch. Then I got email at 9am today so say I'll have it by Dec 25th - nothing to say if I've in Wave 3 or beyond (though assume I'm in Wave 3). Email mentions that specific date will be communicated by the store I placed order with time for collection (which is fine by me as thats what I wanted).

So if they're doing this properly can assume if you ordered after Oct 3rd then best case scenario is you're in Wave 3 before Christmas.

So this sounds like wave 2 will have it before that but they just haven't contacted us yet... I really hope that's the case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    All I'm saying is that they need something new, first party, that was developed with the hardware to show it off. Forza 4, Ori, Gears all updated ( e.g. 4k 120 fps ) ... but they need something new. I know Halo slipped, but I'm not sure that's a draw anymore when you've got a gazillion FPSs out there. Maybe they've just been unlucky with covid and games were not ready or optimised on time. They seem to have got everything else covered.

(edit - coming from one x ... so the leap is not so apparent for me ... right now)

Yeah, that's fair enough. Unfortunately, it won't be for another good few months.

Personally speaking, I don't necessarily need it to be first-party. It doesn't matter what game the system is on. What matters for me is that it utilizes all RDRNA2 feature set on the console with machine learning. But yeah, a first-party title is most likely going to use the full feature-set.

The first chances of the next-gen exclusives are:

Scorn
    The Medium
    Starfield*
    Halo: Infinite

*Starfield is rumoured to release in 2021. It may also come to PS5 but evidence suggests that Bethesda games will be first-party on Xbox but Spencer can't say yet as the deal isn't finalized.

Advertisement