Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭Goose81

I tried to get an X with no success however even if I do upgrade to the X I will just put the expansion card in that.:)

I am sure I will get a decent trade in for my Series S and One S once there are plenty of consoles in stock.

Ah I understand, I have an s and I love it, it's so small.

I'm Gona head up to Currys tomorrow though and see if they have an X , I can probably sell the as for what I bought it for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Goose81 wrote: »
    Ah I understand, I have an s and I love it, it's so small.

I'm Gona head up to Currys tomorrow though and see if they have an X , I can probably sell the as for what I bought it for.

The X only has 802GB free space after system use so an expansion card is good to have.

I wish you luck in Currys.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Davobbz wrote: »
    Picked up a series X in currys Limerick around 7:30pm. Cashier said they got a load of stock in this morning and still plenty left. I reckon if you head tomorrow morning when they open you'd get sorted. He says all other Currys should have had stock delivered this morning but couldn't check for me.

Good luck, you'll get one ðŸ‘

Feck, I was there a day before and said they had none and they have no idea when will they get it. Will see if I cam get there tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Davobbz

Did you have to order online for collection or is the shop open?

The shop is open. Just queue up and purchase. They don't seem to sell them online. Only in store!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Davobbz wrote: »
    The shop is open. Just queue up and purchase. They don't seem to sell them online. Only in store!

Hey, do you know if they were also selling Ps5, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Hey, do you know if they were also selling Ps5, thanks

No Ps5 but plenty of xbox's in curry's now

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Jog501 wrote: »
    No Ps5 but plenty of xbox's in curry's now

Thank you. I've a few mates looking for Xbox, they will be happy. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

At least 10 XBOX Series X in Currys Liffey Valley

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaveyLad

Thanks to all the lads on here, just picked up a Series X in Curry's Naas, they said they had loads yesterday but there's only a couple left

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

van_beano wrote: »
    At least 10 XBOX Series X in Currys Liffey Valley

Is there a way to check the stock levels in various currys stores or how did you find that out? I dont seem to be able to check anything on currys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MOD NOTE: I had to edit a post there for discriminatory language. We aren't the swear police here, people are free to use most language that they want, and to engage in "robust" debate, but we do draw the line at words and phrases that are clearly discriminatory.

There's plenty of words available that get your point across without being offensive to any particular groups.

If you have any issue with this, please PM me, do not reply on this thread.

Thanks, CIAB

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

Feck, I was there a day before and said they had none and they have no idea when will they get it. Will see if I cam get there tomorrow.

I got one there just now. 9 left. Fingers crossed you get there in time

ZiabR wrote: »
    Is there a way to check the stock levels in various currys stores or how did you find that out? I dont seem to be able to check anything on currys.

I asked in Naas why they weren't advertised and they said they have purposely left them off the website to stop it crashing and so people arent click and collecting from all over the country and breaking the restrictions. I'd say give your local Curry's a call to see if they have stock, as other have said most shops seem to have received a good load yesterday

ZiabR wrote: »

Maybe ring the shop and see. I just read the Currys rumors on other threads here so chanced the arm going down this morn. No queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 colliedoran

Looks like they don't want people ringing up either, been trying to phone and the automated system keeps telling me to visit a store or go online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MChief2556

Hi All, got one in Cork Mahon this morning, chatting to the boy in the store they are not taking calls as it is Black Friday. They had well over 40 when I was there at 08:30 and no one else was purchasing

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

DaveyLad wrote: »
    Thanks to all the lads on here, just picked up a Series X in Curry's Naas, they said they had loads yesterday but there's only a couple left

Thanks for the heads up, I might head there in an hour or so ... did you ask about the ps5 by any chance?

m8051 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up, I might head there in an hour or so ... did you ask about the ps5 by any chance?

I didn't sorry, I assume they have none, they've a sign outside for the Series X and they have the consoles sitting behind the registers so Id imagine they'd have done the same with the PS5 if they had any

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

DaveyLad wrote: »
    I didn't sorry, I assume they have none, they've a sign outside for the Series X and they have the consoles sitting behind the registers so Id imagine they'd have done the same with the PS5 if they had any

Thanks DaveyLad, enjoy your Series X, it's a beast :)

One Series S in Smyths Carrickmines according to the interweb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 highpath

Many thanks folks . Got a series x this morning in Curry's Waterford. I have a series s now at face value, which I can return to Argos, or if anybody in Waterford interested then Pm me.

Highpath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I checked into Carrickmines Currys just there and they have none left

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭aoife365

Meesared wrote: »
    I checked into Carrickmines Currys just there and they have none left

Same in Currys Galway, went there at 10am and was told they had none

****, got to Currys and got in to queue. I sow dude going out with xbox, but I did not knew it was the last one. It looks like its not ment to be for me. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

****, got to Currys and got in to queue. I sow dude going out with xbox, but I did not knew it was the last one. It looks like its not ment to be for me. :(

Which currys if you dont mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jlynam

Didn't see any in Currys Blanchardstown

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Which currys if you dont mind me asking?

Parkway, never knew there are more?

Edit: sorry, I presume asked about, which city. Its Limerick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

Parkway, never knew there are more?

Edit: sorry, I presume asked about, which city. Its Limerick one.

Sorry man, they had 27 yesterday apparently. Two of my friends and I took 3 of the remaining 9 this morning. They weren't long going

• Registered Users Posts: 2 colliedoran

Just got on in Curry’s Blanchardstown... their delivery was so secret that even the Staff member I asked didn’t know they had them til he went to check...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

One of my colleagues was looking for an Xbox for their little brother for Xmas so thanks to this thread I told her to try Currys in Waterford. She managed to get one just now ��

Advertisement