Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I have one but I am looking for one for my brother. I am North east Leinster. Local Currys had some 2 days ago but they are gone now. Anyone hears of any please let me know! Cork and Waterford are just too far away, I'd never make it in time.

Edit - Series X that is.

Jlynam wrote: »
    Didn't see any in Currys Blanchardstown

They are definitely in there, just ask the staff. I was in there getting something else, and a member of staff said they had some behind the counter and loads more out the back. This was around 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fallonben

Does anyone know if Naas have any left?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

14 in Currys in Mahon,Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 33 oreillykm

Three left in Blanchardstown behind the counter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

oreillykm wrote: »
    Three left in Blanchardstown behind the counter

Didn't see any in blanch

Didn't see any in blanch

As mentioned just a few posts earlier, I spoke to a guy working in there, and he said there were some behind the counter and loads out the back. You have to just queue up and then ask when at the till. Check with a member of staff first to make sure there's some there.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Basil3 wrote: »
    As mentioned just a few posts earlier, I spoke to a guy working in there, and he said there were some behind the counter and loads out the back. You have to just queue up and then ask when at the till. Check with a member of staff first to make sure there's some there.

Thanks Basil, picked up second last one on the shelf. One left, girl wasn't very helpful, said not many left. No queue. Just tell guy at the door you want to buy Xbox go to till. Happy weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lods1969

Thanks for the heads up, got one in Jervis Street, the guy at the door said there was none, but persisted & got one from behind the counter,.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

Got X Box Series X in Currys Liffey Valley around 30 mins ago

Edit: and mailed Gamestop to say I want refund. Anyone sought refund from Gamestop and did it take long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

The Joycer wrote: »

Edit: and mailed Gamestop to say I want refund. Anyone sought refund from Gamestop and did it take long?

Awesome - you legend. Saw this post, hopped in the car, now I’ve got one. Gimme my 50 yo-yo GameStop !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If you reserved in store by card then you have to cancel in store for a refund is what they told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

thanks to posters in this tread , got an X in liffey valley currys

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

Kimbot wrote: »
    If you reserved in store by card then you have to cancel in store for a refund is what they told me.

Cheers!
    Also glad others got their X today, thanks to those who mentioned Currys earlier

So Gamestop wave 2 is now store collection. They'll be contact by 6th Dec and they aim to fulfil all orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

So Gamestop wave 2 is now store collection. They'll be contact by 6th Dec and they "hope" to fulfil all orders.

Got that mail too.

Text_XboxSeries_Newsletter_Wave2_UPDATE.jpg

Got that mail too.

Text_XboxSeries_Newsletter_Wave2_UPDATE.jpg
    Thanks, haven't received it yet someone told me about it. "Aim to" doesn't sound as bad as "hope" to. Looks like it.may be within sight, fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Thanks very much I just bagged myself an X.:D

Edit Seires S now sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

Got a Series X in Liffey Valley Currys at 18:45 thanks to the previous posters. They had at least 6 more on display and "loads in the back" according to the guy at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Thanks, haven't received it yet someone told me about it. "Aim to" doesn't sound as bad as "hope" to. Looks like it.may be within sight, fingers crossed.

Yeah just saw have that email myself. Much prefer to go and collect same from store lot easier then waiting around for a delivery and worrying something might happen to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭Goose81

TheBrinch wrote: »
    Got a Series X in Liffey Valley Currys at 18:45 thanks to the previous posters. They had at least 6 more on display and "loads in the back" according to the guy at the door.

I would echo that, thanks so much to the poster that recommended Currys. I'm sorry I didn't write on here this morning after I picked one up to let more people know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

What's the easiest way to get the deposit back from Gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭MvsC3

long_b wrote: »

A gun or a solicitors letter

long_b wrote: »
    Raise a dispute with your bank. You'll need an email to prove you tried to resolve it yourself. "Can I have a refund please" with the usual gamestop no response will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

11 showing in stock in Smyth's Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fallonben

okla wrote: »
    11 showing in stock in Smyth's Naas.

Where can you see that okla? It's showing as 'out of stock' in all stores when I logon to their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Fallonben wrote: »
    Where can you see that okla? It's showing as 'out of stock' in all stores when I logon to their website?

He posted at 12:45 so probably all sold within a few minutes.

I was in Argos earlier, and I was told that they are expecting a shipment of Series X's on December 11th, and a shipment of Series S's on December 18th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

For anybody considering a Series S it is just like a mini X I had the S but have sold it and managed to get the X.

The Series X is indeed sharper the tree leaves can be picked out individually in Forza for example.
    If you don't have a 4k tv the S will do the job just fine if you do have a 4k display the X is indeed much sharper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Basil3 wrote: »
    I was in Argos earlier, and I was told that they are expecting a shipment of Series X's on December 11th, and a shipment of Series S's on December 18th.

I'd say Smyths et al will have shipments before Xmas too. Also, people will get Xbox for Xmas cause there are no more PS5 s available.

Advertisement