Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Doh pizza is opening on o connell Street. Not sure what building but wonder is it where the donut place used to be?

36 O’Connell Street, where Badass Burritos, Azur, La Romana etc etc etc used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Skuxx wrote: »
    Google says 36 O'Connell St which seems to be around the Wokking area, opposite Findlater, is there an empty unit there?

There is, between WokKing and Taikichi. It's had hording up for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

There is actaully a unit next to Taikichi that's been vacant for quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Doh pizza is opening on o connell Street. Not sure what building but wonder is it where the donut place used to be?
    You have to admire these people opening up in the middle of a pandemic. Similar kudos to Lockeburger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

I hope Doh pizza is a proper stonebaked place and not another kebab shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It probably is a kebab shop

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Found their insta. Seems like it's going to be a legit pizza place and not a kebab shop

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭greenkiwi1

Competition for Mama Mia’s!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Found their insta. Seems like it's going to be a legit pizza place and not a kebab shop

Hopefully they do pizza by the slice which for some reason has never taken off or been tried here...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

damowill wrote: »
    Hopefully they do pizza by the slice which for some reason has never taken off or been tried here...

La Cucina did pizza by the slice for years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Mc Love wrote: »
    La Cucina did pizza by the slice for years

I knew I wasn't imagining things, assuming they don't do pizza by the slice anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭adaminho

damowill wrote: »

Supermacs did it for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Kranks Korner ! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

DOH was planned for a while i think lockdown set it back a while.Yeah hard time to open but great location
    LockBurger is owned the the Locke Bar they would be very well off anyway id imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

bigpink wrote:
    DOH was planned for a while i think lockdown set it back a while.Yeah hard time to open but great location LockBurger is owned the the Locke Bar they would be very well off anyway id imagine

How times have changed anytime before this year when I saw DOH I would immediately think of Homer Simpson, this morning I was reading it thinking why is the Department of Health being delayed to open.

Best of luck to them some of the best business are set up during unprecedented times

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Locke burger advertising on their Instagram stories that they are opening another place in Castletroy which is currently being renovated! Don’t know the location yet. They will also have a cocktail menu..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

tommy249 wrote: »
    Locke burger advertising on their Instagram stories that they are opening another place in Castletroy which is currently being renovated! Don’t know the location yet. They will also have a cocktail menu..

Units 1 & 2 University Court. https://www.localgov.ie/en/bcms/search?search_api_views_fulltext=limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Where the Chinese was?

Anyone hear about a new coffee place open on Catherine St.? I just saw something on social media about a business called Fika Coffee, just wondering what unit they've gone into. Unusual time to open, but hope they do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Anyone hear about a new coffee place open on Catherine St.? I just saw something on social media about a business called Fika Coffee, just wondering what unit they've gone into. Unusual time to open, but hope they do well.

In next to Fine Wines on Catherine Street in the old Joe O Mara unit. Very in the old rift vide tbh. Good coffee with 3 beans on the go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,620 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

In fairness a coffee shop on Catherine St. is about the only viable business in town at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭La Bamba

Not an opening but noticed there was a good bit of work being done in the Groody Centre while I was in Subway yesterday.
    Looks like they have knocked through all those empty units between 4 star pizza and kebab corner and combined them into 1.
    Would probably be a good spot for some form of convenience store- big population on the Groody Road along with the School in the works

sioda wrote: »
    In next to Fine Wines on Catherine Street in the old Joe O Mara unit. Very in the old rift vide tbh. Good coffee with 3 beans on the go.

Popped in today. Very much in the rift/habit style of coffee shop. Its a nice little spot and I'm sure they will do just as good or bad as the others round there especially if they ever extended the pedestrianised area up a block.

If you were to walk from rift to Paparazzi along Catherine St. You would pass an amazing amount of good coffee shops for one area. It's a seriously high concentration of quality cafes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Raw Cycles are expanding their shop and workshop into the space where their indoor skate park used to be.

Good to see them doing well tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Popped in today. Very much in the rift/habit style of coffee shop. Its a nice little spot and I'm sure they will do just as good or bad as the others round there especially if they ever extended the pedestrianised area up a block.

If you were to walk from rift to Paparazzi along Catherine St. You would pass an amazing amount of good coffee shops for one area. It's a seriously high concentration of quality cafes

Called in yesterday like that they are also selling the 3 coffees on bags. Cloud picker you can get in Duo but west cork roasters and bean in Dingle are excellent coffee suppliers

Another +1 for Fika Coffee.
    Called in this evening, and very impressed with the place. They've done a great job on the unit, and have a nice range of coffees. Will be calling back. Also, as another poster alluded to, between this, Rift, Canteen, Habit all within walking distance of each other, we are spoilt for choice when it comes to coffee. Not to mention Abbey River Coffee and The Green Onion further down town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Popped into Fika myself yesterday for a brew and had a chat was very impressed, agree with ye lads... our little city center really has some great coffee spots. We really are spoilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

dashoonage wrote:
    Popped into Fika myself yesterday for a brew and had a chat was very impressed, agree with ye lads... our little city center really has some great coffee spots. We really are spoilt.

We will have to twin the city with Seattle and start a coffee lovers marketing campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

kilburn wrote: »
    We will have to twin the city with Seattle and start a coffee lovers marketing campaign

and yet, not a single bean roasted in the city or county!

• Advertisement

mdmix wrote: »
    and yet, not a single bean roasted in the city or county!

Across the board Limerick is lagging way behind on the manufacture of the various craft and artisan products which are popular at the moment.

There was a fella doing coffee about 15 years ago but was far too ahead of his time to survive

Advertisement