Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

bigpink wrote: »
    Yeah deffo good to have an alternative.But I think it's cafe open to the public.If I was the shop I'd be pissed off they being trying for years to get Nicholas Street going wheres I think Treaty City got alot of council help

I'd say they'd each have their own clientele to be fair. Lots of people would feel weird getting their lunch coffee in a brewery and the brewery may not be as experienced baristas as the cafe for a while.

Plus TCB don't do food at the minute so Bakehouse would get customers looking for food (other than potential pub grub from Katie Dalys).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

I saw people sitting outside Treaty City Brewery drinking pints seems to be tables and seats now.
    Also they are advertising coffee I say Bakehouse 22 Tracy's pretty pissed with that
    Why? It’s a free market.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

MarkR wrote:
    Hertz car sales sign up in coonagh just past applegreen.

Strange spot for them to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

kilburn wrote: »
    Strange spot for them to be fair

It’s on one of the main arterial routes into City, why is it a strange location?

It’s on one of the main arterial routes into City, why is it a strange location?

I presume you have seen the site, it's small would have thought they would have gone into a main dealer style showroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I presume you have seen the site, it's small would have thought they would have gone into a main dealer style showroom.

Looks to me like it's nearly just going to be an open lot. It even looks like it could be temporary as part of them clearing out unused rental stock die to covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

All Hertz will be doing is selling their old ex hire/rental stuff so you don't really need a glass palace for that. However I certainly wouldn't call that a prime location or route as far as car dealerships go anyway. Elm motors used to be located at the other side of the fuel station where the cycle hub is now, and they struggled there for years before eventually closing after the last crash. Clareview motors across from the Greenhills hotel eventually closed too and have been replaced by another crowd selling mostly ex rental/leased cars. That area has hit and miss for car dealers over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭manna452121

Elm motors are planning a comeback http://eplan.limerick.ie/AppFileRefDetails/20633/0

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

I'd say they'd each have their own clientele to be fair. Lots of people would feel weird getting their lunch coffee in a brewery and the brewery may not be as experienced baristas as the cafe for a while.

Plus TCB don't do food at the minute so Bakehouse would get customers looking for food (other than potential pub grub from Katie Dalys).

As you have mentioned Katie Dalys, has anyone any idea of when they might reopen? They are a big loss to Nicholas street. Perhaps its the lack of tourists coming in, but im sure they would do well if they reopened. Due to the fact that wet pubs are closed, all the gastro pubs that ive been to are a lot busier. Note this has been early evening when ive been out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭sioda

Old limerick sports store is opening as another phone shop thankfully as we dont have enough of them as is 🤬😡😠😡🤬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

sioda wrote: »
    Old limerick sports store is opening as another phone shop thankfully as we dont have enough of them as is 🤬😡😠😡🤬

you can ping pong up william street, hitting one on each side now...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Phone shop AND handbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Honestly, I think I'd prefer an empty unit at this stage :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

US bathroom firm to create 42 jobs in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

US bathroom firm to create 42 jobs in Limerick

I'm surprised the examiner couldn't pick a better headline, "Limerick flush with new toilet jobs", was just sitting there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

mdmix wrote: »
    I'm surprised the examiner couldn't pick a better headline, "Limerick flush with new toilet jobs", was just sitting there :)

That will drive them round the bend that they missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

Shame its in a business park and not the city centre

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

A young fashion student has opened a studio/shop in Adare cottages called Aofie Ireland she is getting alot of coverage online
    Brave girl that cottage is 3 grand a month rent my brother was telling me he recognised it from the Limerick Leader story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

A young fashion student has opened a studio/shop in Adare cottages called Aofie Ireland she is getting alot of coverage online
    Brave girl that cottage is 3 grand a month rent my brother was telling me he recognised it from the Limerick Leader story
    :eek: Insane money, that can't be right?! How are you expected to make a profit if paying that every month!

• Advertisement

Shame its in a business park and not the city centre

Don't think anyone wants to be carrying boxes of tiles or a toilet a few hundred metres to their car if it was in the city centre.

Plus easier for deliveries if its outside the centre, you want to be limiting the amount of trucks and vans in a city centre not increasing it.

Plus easier for deliveries if its outside the centre, you want to be limiting the amount of trucks and vans in a city centre not increasing it.

To a point but need businesses in the city also which would need vans and trucks

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

Don't think anyone wants to be carrying boxes of tiles or a toilet a few hundred metres to their car if it was in the city centre.

Apologies I think it was an office not a store. makes sense since this is limerick businesses opening. ignore me

To a point but need businesses in the city also which would need vans and trucks

Yes, but even in other cities most of the home improvement stores/builders merchants are outside the city centres.

These stores need easy access for collection/delivery of heavy goods, business park is a perfect place to allow continuous traffic of heavier vehicles and customer parking.

If the store went into the city centre we'll end up with more vans double parked because people don't want to transport or carry heavy goods to a legal parking space, and more threads like the William Street one.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Yes, but even in other cities most of the home improvement stores/builders merchants are outside the city centres.

These stores need easy access for collection/delivery of heavy goods, business park is a perfect place to allow continuous traffic of heavier vehicles and customer parking.

If the store went into the city centre we'll end up with more vans double parked because people don't want to transport or carry heavy goods to a legal parking space, and more threads like the William Street one.

Newsoms (hardware) on William St (now Dealz I think) had a customer car park out the back.

It seemed to do a great trade till all the DIY shops opened on the outskirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Newsoms (hardware) on William St (now Dealz I think) had a customer car park out the back.

It seemed to do a great trade till all the DIY shops opened on the outskirts.

That car park is still there, there was a lot fewer cars owned back when it was at its height so was probably big enough at the time,don't think it would work now.

Newsoms & Spaights all did a great trade Bus stops right outside the door

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Newsoms & Spaights all did a great trade Bus stops right outside the door

Also a rooftop car park on Speights. Its where my Dad always parked on a trip into town.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Phone shop AND handbags.

I passed it yesterday and it is EXACTLY how I imagined it. Full of awful cheap crap like the rest of the stores. Awful.

Was in Eason. Down to one floor now and selling the basics. Basement in bad shape so closed off as is upstairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

So disappointing

Advertisement