Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

source wrote: »
    They aren't, the banner is advertising their brands, thanking front line workers for their efforts and thanking the rest of us for shopping local.

Oh sorry I just saw banner when driving on the hoarding so could be mistaken for a new place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Anyone know what’s going into the old Elverys on Henry street, lots of building work last few weeks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Anyone know what’s going into the old Elverys on Henry street, lots of building work last few weeks

It's been converted into offices so that HAP can move from the opera site. The city library will be moving into the old InStore building.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,845 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

It's been converted into offices so that HAP can move from the opera site. The city library will be moving into the old InStore building.

About time Instore got a bit of use but Im surprised its big enough for the library

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

breezy1985 wrote: »
    About time Instore got a bit of use but Im surprised its big enough for the library

The main library headquarters have been out in Dooradoyle for a few years, building is between Crescent Comp and Collins Bar.

The city centre library will surely send stuff out there if it doesnt all fit in Instore.

• Advertisement

Fair enough. In-store is definitely a better location than the granary as it's much less hidden away

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Fair enough. In-store is definitely a better location than the granary as it's much less hidden away

It's only a temporary move. The old Town Hall on Rutland St. is going to be extended and the library will eventually move in there.

It's only a temporary move. The old Town Hall on Rutland St. is going to be extended and the library will eventually move in there.

As long as its got a bit of visibility and not buried inside the building to be forgotten like in the Granary

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

As long as its got a bit of visibility and not buried inside the building to be forgotten like in the Granary

It's to be the whole building facing out onto Rutland St and the new square behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Has Pizza Hut on Childers road closed down?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Treepole wrote: »

They are already here, couldn't find where but there's 26 of them on Linkedin already working here quite a while so likely an expanion.

Judging by their product I wouldn't be surprised if they've rented someplace on the UL campus or nearby.

Berty wrote: »
    They are already here, couldn't find where but there's 26 of them on Linkedin already working here quite a while so likely an expanion.

Judging by their product I wouldn't be surprised if they've rented someplace on the UL campus or nearby.

Something about the wording gave me that impression too. Didn't sound like they were gonna pop some offices into a Georgian building in town.

The roles they will hire for are hard to fill these days as loads of companies in the region are hiring similar roles. So it's supply and demand, suppy is low and salaries can be quite high.

Best of luck to them, it's the kind of Industry people should consider upskilling in or even just learing those skills. www.springboardcourses.ie have courses that will help people move towards these new types of roles and in some cases you pay Zero, usually 10%, to go on the courses which will give you an accredited qualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Has Pizza Hut on Childers road closed down?

It’s not on the Pizza Hut website anyway but that focuses on delivery, which is franchised.
    I know Pizza Hut Restaurants were in serious trouble recently. Not even sure how many are in Ireland now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭Cartman78

The roles they will hire for are hard to fill these days as loads of companies in the region are hiring similar roles. So it's supply and demand, suppy is low and salaries can be quite high.

Best of luck to them, it's the kind of Industry people should consider upskilling in or even just learing those skills. www.springboardcourses.ie have courses that will help people move towards these new types of roles and in some cases you pay Zero, usually 10%, to go on the courses which will give you an accredited qualification.

Yep....very competitive in the mid West now for those types of roles so I'd imagine they'll have to offer very attractive packages to lure people away from their current employers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Treepole wrote: »

Cecil Street, same building as WP Engine, is where they currently are anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Not an expansion. It's a new operation entirely which started in March or thereabouts. The formal announcement was delayed for a few reasons.
    Cartman78 wrote: »
    Yep....very competitive in the mid West now for those types of roles so I'd imagine they'll have to offer very attractive packages to lure people away from their current employers

A very competitive package alright but great products and the latest and greatest tech play a big part in it too.

Cecil Street, same building as WP Engine, is where they currently are anyway.

Yeah that's right. WP Engine have moved to the previous NAC offices on Henry street

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

John_Mc wrote:
    Yeah that's right. WP Engine have moved to the previous NAC offices on Henry street

Over Jack Fitz?

• Advertisement

kilburn wrote: »
    Over Jack Fitz?

NAC had two offices, both in the same block. I think they are on the other side to Jack Fitz but I'm not sure exactly

John_Mc wrote: »
    Not an expansion. It's a new operation entirely which started in March or thereabouts. The formal announcement was delayed for a few reasons.

I wish them the best of luck. I work with a Software company and it's only really when you do that you see how many companies in Limerick are actually software companies, most simply Saas but other then Saas/Iaas as well.

They seem to be both(as in with a physical solution as well) so hopefully it goes really well for them here. We noticed people leaving Dublin and coming to the Midwest because the cost of living is much lower so it's not that we might have a glut of developer talent but good companies/products will attract people as well.

I wish them the best of luck. I work with a Software company and it's only really when you do that you see how many companies in Limerick are actually software companies, most simply Saas but other then Saas/Iaas as well.

They seem to be both(as in with a physical solution as well) so hopefully it goes really well for them here. We noticed people leaving Dublin and coming to the Midwest because the cost of living is much lower so it's not that we might have a glut of developer talent but good companies/products will attract people as well.

Yeah you're absolutely right about there being stiff competition for limited candidates. It is a whole lot worse in Dublin though as the tech sector is booming up there. Employee retention is a lot harder too because recruiters are always contacting employees about roles offering more money and perks!

Transact have done an amazing job so far as they are looking for really skilled people for DevOps, Big Data analytics, architects and they are filling them with really good people.

You're right about people moving from Dublin too. I am one of them myself. Limerick is doing a good job at targeting these types of people I think

Some roles are hard to fill, there are jobs out there if people want them but then there are certainly this new Industry where people need to be skilled. I'm not skilled in any of the roles that Transact are filling but my employer hires that type of talent and it seems that Dev Ops and anybody with Java are commanding silly money.

People aren't all attracted by bring your dogs to work and Kombucha anymore though. They've woken up and now they want equity and pensions before free coffee and friday beers. I'm glad Transact chose Limerick because they could have joined all the other big Software companies in Galway which is, in my opinion, as much cooler place to live. Salthill vs Poor mans Kilkee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Limerick and the mid-west is becoming something of a hub for fintech companies it seems which is very encouraging to see after years of very little happening tbh....long may it continue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

John_Mc wrote: »
    NAC had two offices, both in the same block. I think they are on the other side to Jack Fitz but I'm not sure exactly

NAC were overhead Jack Fitzgerald. Cushman and Walefield have taken that now.

WP Engine are moving into Carlton House where Bank of Scotland was previously

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

NAC were overhead Jack Fitzgerald. Cushman and Walefield have taken that now.

Didn't KMPM only move into the BOS building very recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

No they aren't

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Limerick and the mid-west is becoming something of a hub for fintech companies it seems which is very encouraging to see after years of very little happening tbh....long may it continue

I agree but on the other side the limited rental market is affected by this.Landlords hear ohh tech companies and rents jacked up.. harder then for everyone else to get a place.Altho some landlords have at least put money into the rentals to justify higher prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Advertisement