Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

VG31 wrote: »
    5 days is nothing compared to how long many people are waiting.

I'm waiting since 22 October at this stage for 2 small parcels....................:( I am envious of someone getting delivery after just 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

Seems like a bull**** article to me , the heading states a parcel, the first line says a packet and the 2nd line it mentions a 1kg track and trace letter of which there is no such thing, you can’t have a 1 kg letter.
    So EH which one is it?
    For a packet or a parcel up to 2kg including insurance And track and trace and 2-3 day delivery it’s €13 and €14 for next day so where they get €18.50 I have no idea

It's referring to prices for Europe, not domestic prices.

€18.50 for a registered 1 kg packet is correct.

Screenshot-2020-11-15-150538.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Well I don’t know about you but the term cross border when referring to Ireland I always took as ROI to NI or vice versa so headline in my opinion is vastly misleading

• Registered Users Posts: 17,305 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If anyone is interested for time frames... - parcel sent from Germany on the 29th Oct

Hoping its here tomorrow
    16 November 2020 01:21

We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery

13 November 2020 02:56

We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

13 November 2020 00:16

12 November 2020 17:38

12 November 2020 17:37

Your delivery was received by An Post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Has anyone had their tracking not moved on since Thursday- the last update is that it has been sorted in Dublin 12 on 12th November?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Has anyone had their tracking not moved on since Thursday- the last update is that it has been sorted in Dublin 12 on 12th November?

I have two packages that were sorted there on Tuesday 10th and haven't moved since.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Getting deliveries 3 times a day here in Cork. Sat and bank holidays also. So the issue is COVID but it's down to the sorting office. They need to physical distance so less staff to sort. Hence the huge backlog. The delivery times are getting very long now. On the plus side it is cutting down on my impulse spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

As I said before I had a package due last Tuesday worth over €100. Amazon refunded me last Thursday morning. Then it arrived in Dublin last Thursday evening. Just updated this morning as out for delivery. Should I contact Amazon to charge again or will it be done automatically?
    I have no issue in paying for it but don't wanna spend the money either if it is gonna be deducted if I don't say anything.

Edit: it also seems to me that anything delivered in Dublin parcel hub is being delivered on time but anything delivered to Dublin mail centre is being delayed

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

My daughter ended up losing a place in our first choice secondary school. Sent the application on the 23rd October, closing date was 3rd November and they didn't receive the application until the 12th of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

jonny_b wrote:
    As I said before I had a package due last Tuesday worth over €100. Amazon refunded me last Thursday morning. Then it arrived in Dublin last Thursday evening. Just updated this morning as out for delivery. Should I contact Amazon to charge again or will it be done automatically? I have no issue in paying for it but don't wanna spend the money either if it is gonna be deducted if I don't say anything.

Say nothing. I got three parcels refunded and they eventually turned up on Friday. Amazon have let me down a number of times this year so I don't feel bad about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Skyfarm

Cazale wrote: »
    Say nothing. I got three parcels refunded and they eventually turned up on Friday. Amazon have let me down a number of times this year so I don't feel bad about it.

I'm ratting, il stay quiet for a mystery package... BTW wat you get for nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

By the way I am actually waiting for a package from Austria which has been posted on the 22nd October 2020. All i can see it has left Austria on the 24th October, however no tracking update since.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

jonny_b wrote: »
    As I said before I had a package due last Tuesday worth over €100. Amazon refunded me last Thursday morning. Then it arrived in Dublin last Thursday evening. Just updated this morning as out for delivery. Should I contact Amazon to charge again or will it be done automatically?
    I have no issue in paying for it but don't wanna spend the money either if it is gonna be deducted if I don't say anything.

Edit: it also seems to me that anything delivered in Dublin parcel hub is being delivered on time but anything delivered to Dublin mail centre is being delayed

You can refuse delivery and let it go back, or contact them to charge, it’s up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

an post website is playing up, I hope. telling me can't find parcel yet was there in Dublin since thursday at 4am this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I didn't realise how bad things were with the backlog at the moment. I had an order that left Germany a week ago and hasn't been scanned by An Post yet. I hope I'm not waiting weeks for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I didn't realise how bad things were with the backlog at the moment. I had an order that left Germany a week ago and hasn't been scanned by An Post yet. I hope I'm not waiting weeks for it!

I ordered something from the states online & thiu they said it was dispatched via An Post I wasn’t
    even bothering looking at the emails as I didn’t think it would be here for weeks. Heypresto - about 6 (working) days later it was here! Big surprise & delighted to get it so soon.

Last time I ordered (same website) & specified another delivery address in the west of Ireland it was a total nightmare - item logged as delivered but not delivered, 3 days looking for where it might be - finally after much perserverence ‘found’ it in the local depot, marked delivered to home address. Took all the joy out of the surprise. Excuses given were the operator couldn’t work the computer, it ‘was delivered’ because it was in the depot in Ireland, nobody had been at home - total lie and two cars outside house all day along with an post house large post delivery box, and other such ‘we were going to do it tomorrow’ nonsense. It seems to depend on the attitude of whomever is working and what depot you get and the honesty and competence levels of those involved. Although the complaint and follow up was well marshalled I’d be very reluctant to order a surprise gift for delivery again - it was only luck the person rang me out of the blue and I mentioned the gift as I assumed that was why they were calling - and it had been tracked as delivered to the home address. Mortifying & embarasing for us both.

I have stopped using my local letterbox because of theft / non-delivery of items that look like birthday cards and have had inspectors out in my house ‘investigating’ how post addressed to me was opened and resealed between leaving one house and another - and never got a satisfactory reply.

I’d also hope they and other courier forms and properly screening and reference checking the staff they are taking on for the onslaught at Christmas for their short term contracts - too much trust for expensive goods and materials in zero hours minimum wage short term jobs.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I ordered something from the states online & thiu they said it was dispatched via An Post I wasn’t
    even bothering looking at the emails as I didn’t think it would be here for weeks. Heypresto - about 6 (working) days later it was here! Big surprise & delighted to get it so soon.

How did they send it? There will probably be an avalanche of questions looking for information due to the delays. Did it ship via AddressPal or USPS?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Package arrived at least .Tracking is still saying it's in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,305 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Finally delivered today - just under 2 and half weeks
    I've had stuff arrive from China quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 43 greenfields46!

from where?’!!! im waiting since last tues for package from uk!!’ will i get by xmas at this rate? its not even in an post system yet, so annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 JamieTra2017

Has anybody received anything from USA yet? My tracking still says " Your item departed a transfer origin Airport at DUBLIN. 8th November at 8.51."

waiting times of 2+ weeks for packages from outside Ireland will be the new norm until January I'd say. God knows how our postal service will be impacted by Brexit next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Should An Post not have a notice on their website about the service delays, maybe with advisory processing times? It would probably save them a lot of hassle with so many of us chasing parcels.

Should An Post not have a notice on their website about the service delays, maybe with advisory processing times? It would probably save them a lot of hassle with so many of us chasing parcels.

Exactly, every carrier has that quoted on their website at the moment, why not AnPost ? Just another sign of poor management. It’s really frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

They do but it's a "we're doing our best" type of message instead of anything useful like "all packages are delayed by up to two weeks", which would at least give you the expectation that you'll be waiting a set time longer.

I'm waiting on three packages from Amazon for three weeks now. Their website says they shipped mid/end October but An Post tracking says they haven't received them yet. Amazon said I can seek a refund after the 19th November, which I probably will. Doesn't bode well for Black Friday or xmas shopping where it'll be a lottery if you receive your items in time for xmas. A lot of people might be getting IOU's under the tree on the 25th December.

Finally, I was expecting a delivery a few weeks ago from another retailer that was also delayed. When I checked An Post tracking, it said "refused delivery" which I certainly didn't. I contacted the company and they said they were having this issue with An Post on a lot of orders as AP were using it as a cover for their delayed processing and delivery of packages.

I am getting all my Amazon orders delivered to Parcelmotel, it seems their postal system in the UK is better organized.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

The last few Prime Amazon deliveries I have received have been delivered by private courier firms.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JamieTra2017

I have received 4 Amazon prime deliveries in the last week only 2 of those were delayed 2 days max all from UK. All were delivered with An Post aswel. But my small package from USA is in Dublin since the 8th. No update since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

The order I cancelled yesterday and got a full refund for (about 80 quid) is out for delivery this morning. 11 days from ordering until out for delivery and 8 days stuck in limbo somewhere in An Post.

I wouldn't be surprised if An Post lost all of Amazons business not just Dublin.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭PreCocious

I wouldn't be surprised if An Post lost all of Amazons business not just Dublin.

Look around this forum- all the couriers are under savage pressure. Looks like there's very little spare capacity.

Advertisement