Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I have a parcel stuck in their system for 3 weeks now. Regardless of backlogs or covid, that is shambolic.

Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,917 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Parcel in Dublin since Saturday,Due tomorrow but now t holding my breath. Has to be the longest I've seen it sit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Waiting on an adidas order ,dispatched via dhl post who use an post in Ireland to deliver .
    Last status was 23rd November , koln Germany, nothing since .

Any insight ? I would have expected it to reach Ireland by now .

Thanks

This package got scanned in by an post today into their depot, hopefully I have it in the next few days, over 2 weeks from shipped ex depot to arrival Dublin .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Phone An Post customer service for better tracking.

This morning tracking was showing my parcel was in Galway (since last Thursday) but it was actually in Portlaoise since Saturday.

Managed to get in touch with them this morning, they do have the parcel and it has not moved and since they received it, very apologetic but basically told me they have such a backlog at the minute they could not even give me an estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

andrew1977 wrote: »
    This package got scanned in by an post today into their depot, hopefully I have it in the next few days, over 2 weeks from shipped ex depot to arrival Dublin .

Dream on, stuff is currently delayed leaving the depot for over 7 days on average

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Dream on, stuff is currently delayed leaving the depot for over 7 days on average

really? our last few parcels all left Dublin parcel hub and were out for delivery 2 days after being scanned in :confused:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=535632&stc=1&d=1607513421

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

Sent a postal order last Tuesday from Dublin 5 to Dublin 9, 15 min drive max. Arrived yesterday. Shocking service.

Booked a motorbike courier to pick up this weeks one. Agree with post above, its just not acceptable.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

That's somewhat reassuring, I've a package that was forwarded to Ireland from Austria on the 21st of November and no sign of it in An Post tracking. I have put in a request for information from Austrian post since it contains Christmas presents to all the family...

I had a parcel “forwarded” from Spain to Ireland on Nov 5 and it turned up yesterday. I suspect it spend most of that time in Spain as it never made it into the An Post tracking system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Anyone know if you can just go to their depot and pick up your package yourself like you can with other couriers as this is ridiculous at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

x2 Amazon packages got into Ireland (from UK) on Sun & Mon.

Both were delivered today, Wednesday.

Not terrible but not great either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Pen Rua wrote: »
    x2 Amazon packages got into Ireland (from UK) on Sun & Mon.

Both were delivered today, Wednesday.

Not terrible but not great either.

I'm so jealous of how fast you got them!

I'm so jealous of how fast you got them!

Makes up for a couple of weeks ago when I was waiting in excess of two weeks for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,917 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Package arrived today was expecting delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Sam Hain wrote: »

Dream became a reality, my postman arrived to my door this morning with my package ,happy out. Arrived within 2 days of hitting their depot, happy out.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/an-post-sets-deadline-for-retailers-due-to-record-christmas-demand-1.4431858
    An Post has warned that the unprecedented volume of parcels it is handling due to the surge in online shopping means it cannot guarantee large Irish and multinational retailers pre-Christmas delivery unless it has parcels by December 14th.

A spokeswoman said that while parcels it receives from larger companies “will probably be delivered in time” she stressed that “probably is not good enough if something has to be there for Christmas morning”.

She added that a record volume of online shopping had prompted An Post to issue the alert that it would only be able to “guarantee pre-Christmas delivery of e-commerce parcels received into its processing system by close of business on December 14th”.

“This deadline applies only to An Post’s large-scale ecommerce retailers and shippers. It does not affect personal customers posting parcels and packages,” she said.

“Ireland has never seen volumes like this. We’re running a full capacity in recent weeks, delivering 3.3 million parcels, up from 1 million at the same time last year,” she continued.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Hi,

I've an order from Amazon which is been delivered by An Post.

Been delivered in theory... according to the tracking (An Post own system) it was received by An Post in Dublin and was sorted and that was the last update since the 2nd of December.

Amazon themselves have said if it doesn't arrive today I can claim a refund.

How's everyone else doing in terms of An Post deliveries?
    Should I write this off or still hold out some hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Champ wrote: »
    When AnPost is delivering something, I get a text 3 days beforehand, asking if I want to change the destination address. I usually change it from work to the local post office.

Where did the package originate from? Have had the odd thing delayed by customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

the_syco wrote: »
    When AnPost is delivering something, I get a text 3 days beforehand, asking if I want to change the destination address. I usually change it from work to the local post office.

Where did the package originate from? Have had the odd thing delayed by customs.
    I did the same, parcel sitting in Dublin since 26th Nov., Redirected it on Sunday to local post office, arrived yesterday, I feel it would never have made it without intervention.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

the_syco wrote: »

Hi, just an order fulfilled by Amazon themselves (amazon.co.uk). So not from a market place seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Hi,

I've an order from Amazon which is been delivered by An Post.

Been delivered in theory... according to the tracking (An Post own system) it was received by An Post in Dublin and was sorted and that was the last update since the 2nd of December.

Amazon themselves have said if it doesn't arrive today I can claim a refund.

I'm having the exact same issue. Arrived in An Post facility in Dublin on Jan 4th and no updates since. Tried to do online chat today and the wait time was 18 mins. Gonna try again tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I hope you know my post was in jest.

I have to send a parcel to the U.K.

DPD is twice the price of An Post but considering An Post have any CDs is a Galway depot for 5 days I have a feeling something going out of the country might not arrive before Christmas.

Is a courier a better option?

Dpd use road/sea so no capacity constraints and service is currently 3 days for uk.

An post received 3.6m parcels last week.

Black Friday week 2019 was 1.3m

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hi, just an order fulfilled by Amazon themselves (amazon.co.uk). So not from a market place seller.
    Until recently, I had to send anything from Amazon to the post office.

Does it give you an option to pick a "safe place"?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Absolute nightmare for businesses that they are stopping deliveries from Monday, people have been asked to shop local/buy online, absolute clusterfook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭seanin4711

6 items from aliexpress for Christmas
    all arrived over 2 weeks ago and with "last mile carrier".
    Do an post hold items from Asia for a couple of weeks for the craic as a rule?
    thanks
    John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Henryq.

seanin4711 wrote: »
    thanks
    John

China post is low priority

Amazon seems to be top of the pile with an post

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

thanks
    John

Since corona I found they have been, I got a delivery yesterday that had been in Ireland (from Ali) since the start of September

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

My DHL parcel which had been in Koln DE since Nov 28 arrived in An Post last night (09 Dec) and has been sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Henryq. wrote: »
    China post is low priority

Amazon seems to be top of the pile with an post

Amazon are domestic parcels. Amazon apply domestic an post labels at the packing stage in the UK and send trucks of parcels directly to the An Post mails centre themselves. So when they say "dispatched", it is a matter of hours before the parcel is in the parcel hub in dublin, (main warehouse is about an hour from Holyhead and sailing is 2-4 hours depending on vessel), so you can't make any comparison with any other parcels from UK or any other country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Henryq.

You can make a comparison between the time it takes an post to open a container from China compare to the service they provide Amazon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

thanks
    John

They told a poster on here before that they have up to 4 weeks to deliver packages from China, from the time it arrives.

Advertisement