Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭davetherave

Henryq. wrote: »
    You can make a comparison between the time it takes an post to open a container from China compare to the service they provide Amazon

An Post have a service level agreement with Amazon to provide a service.

China is classed as a developing country by the Universal Postal Union. Meaning that comparatively with what Royal Mail, La Poste, USPS, Canada Post or anyone else has to give to An Post for delivering items, the Chinese Postal System gives feck all.

I'd imagine when they start paying their fair share of remuneration and Terminal Dues for all the ****e that comes in from AliExpress, Banggood, Wish etc then An Post will treat them the same as everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

I posted a letter containing a postal order last Tuesday. Standard post, Im in Dublin 5, letter was going to Dublin 9. 15 min drive max.

Long story short, it took 7 days, normally next day.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭AutoTuning

The Universal Postal Union would want to cop on a bit. Commercial packages being shipped in bulk shouldn't be accepted for free. What's going on with China Post is totally unreasonable and unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

AutoTuning wrote: »
    The Universal Postal Union would want to cop on a bit. Commercial packages being shipped in bulk shouldn't be accepted for free. What's going on with China Post is totally unreasonable and unfair.

It is changing next month.

US changed it last July

https://redstagfulfillment.com/universal-postal-union-treaty/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

After 10 days my package has finally been sorted and I should have it tomorrow, An Post are definitely prioritising Amazon as no order from them has taken longer than 3 days this month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭AutoTuning

I've had some fairly fast local business stuff arrive too. I don't think it's just Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Looks like China wanted their post delivered for nothing or next to nothing and that’s going to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Xenji wrote: »
    After 10 days my package has finally been sorted and I should have it tomorrow, An Post are definitely prioritising Amazon as no order from them has taken longer than 3 days this month.

My package was 2 weeks waiting to get sorted. It has now been 5 days since the tracker updated to 'your package has been sorted' and still no sign of it arriving to me anytime soon though. I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Noise Annoys

I have a package, sent from a Dublin retailer to my address in Dublin, stuck in the North Dublin Depot since Friday December 4th. No idea when it is going to budge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

joeysoap wrote: »
    Looks like China wanted their post delivered for nothing or next to nothing and that’s going to change.

Still no reason for An Post to delay its delivery and just leave it the container.

So An Post effectively punished the consumer for ordering stuff from China.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Still no reason for An Post to delay its delivery and just leave it the container.

So An Post effectively punished the consumer for ordering stuff from China.

I don’t think DPL or Fastway etc would deliver if for nothing either. China basically wants to pay for nothing. It’s why they’re cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 3marh

My item stuck since 30 November today already 10 December item in Dublin Ireland any idea or experience about USPS POST coming from USA I don't know if they hold it on custom but they didn't send me later ? Or maybe it's Xmas delayed ?

Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on November 30, 2020 at 9:04 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭jmreire

Exactly 1 month ago, I posted all the required documents for renewing my driving license, and since then nothing..nada... zilch .....anyone else have this experience???

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭smurfette2212

I have a slightly different issue in that the last scan on December 4th was it leaving JFK.

Does that mean that it could have arrived in Dublin and just be waiting to be sorted? (I’ve never had anything with USPS before, so quite unsure) it seems a long enough time, but delays seem inevitable this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GreenManalshi

dashdoll wrote: »
    I have two parcels from Zara Black Friday stuck in Dublin since 1 December. "We have your post in DUBLIN NORTH DEPOT, DUBLIN". A week with no movement...I'd expect delays but this seems a bit much. Shouldnt have bothered!

Can I ask has there been any movement on your parcels yet? I ordered something from a store in the UK and I'm getting the same message as you "We have your post in DUBLIN NORTH DEPOT, DUBLIN", with no update since December 3rd.

joeysoap wrote: »
    I don’t think DPL or Fastway etc would deliver if for nothing either. China basically wants to pay for nothing. It’s why they’re cheap.

It was an international postal agreement. I don't blame China for taking advantage of it. I do blame An Post management for throwing their toys out of the pram and not sorting it. They gained nothing as it all had to be delivered in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Can I ask has there been any movement on your parcels yet? I ordered something from a store in the UK and I'm getting the same message as you "We have your post in DUBLIN NORTH DEPOT, DUBLIN", with no update since December 3rd.

Similar here, parcel sitting in Park West since Dec 4th with no movement. I fully expect delays and never expected it next day, but I've had other parcels come into Dublin since then, that I've received already. Is it just the (bad) luck of the draw? Are some sorting centres slower than others?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

An Post seem to be giving priority to Amazon packages. I was waiting on something that shipped 8th December and not due for delivery until next Tuesday, however it was delivered today, 11th December. I've never received an Amazon delivery so fast!

Yet I'm still waiting for a package shipped from a business in Dublin on 1st December which is not showing any tracking info. According to the sender, An Post told them that it will be sorted by end of day today - we'll see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

My package was 2 weeks waiting to get sorted. It has now been 5 days since the tracker updated to 'your package has been sorted' and still no sign of it arriving to me anytime soon though. I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you!

Arrived this morning thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gary550

Park west must be one hellhole for sorting, I've had customer parcels arrive there on the 5th and haven't moved since.

I also think it's a kick in the teeth for small Irish retailers & businesses who have been loyal to An Post to be given the two fingers in favour of giving big fat amazon priority. I hope all those small irish retailers & businesses realise this and take their posting business elsewhere in the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭smurfette2212

I have a slightly different issue in that the last scan on December 4th was it leaving JFK.

Does that mean that it could have arrived in Dublin and just be waiting to be sorted? (I’ve never had anything with USPS before, so quite unsure) it seems a long enough time, but delays seem inevitable this year!

Scratch all this. It arrived this morning. Still nothing on the tracking but at least it is here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,388 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Small package, posted Dublin Thursday 3rd December, arrived today in Dublin.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

gary550 wrote: »
    Park west must be one hellhole for sorting, I've had customer parcels arrive there on the 5th and haven't moved since.

I also think it's a kick in the teeth for small Irish retailers & businesses who have been loyal to An Post to be given the two fingers in favour of giving big fat amazon priority. I hope all those small irish retailers & businesses realise this and take their posting business elsewhere in the new year.
    Amazon don't get any priority.

Just because someone on a forum suggests that doesn't mean it's true.

Where I am, we are a medium size customer and most parcels are delivered in 2-3 days.

If the tracking says "your delivery has been sorted" that means it has left parkwest and is now in the local dsu waiting local delivery.

If you have an account manager with an post they will give you all the details of what each stage is.

Darc19 wrote: »

Where I am, we are a medium size customer and most parcels are delivered in 2-3 days.

If the tracking says "your delivery has been sorted" that means it has left parkwest and is now in the local dsu waiting local delivery.

If you have an account manager with an post they will give you all the details of what each stage is.

Well those of us that have bought stuff from Amazon and who have bought stuff from other UK suppliers that deliver with An Post would totally disagree with you. Amazon stuff has been delivered in two days or less once its got to Dublin other companies stuff has just sat in Dublin.

You are also talking rubbish about "your delivery has been sorted" as my car parts from Micksgarage sat in Park West for nearly a week after they reached that point in the system.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Darc19 wrote: »

Similarly, just because your company is getting post/parcels through doesn't mean everyone's is. Vast majority on here seem to show that once Amazon arrives it will be a max of 3 days. Domestic seems to be taking far longer in a lot of cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TheBarnacle

I'm in the same position. Ordered from UK and package in North Dublin depot since Dec 2nd. I was starting to worry but glad to know it's not an issue with my package specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

How long is it taking for USPS delivery from USA? What date were they sent and what date were they delivered?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

JIdontknow wrote: »
    How long is it taking for USPS delivery from USA? What date were they sent and what date were they delivered?

Go back through the posts, its not a long thread. You'll get some idea of how long people are waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭recyclebin

To counter the Amazon stories, I've three or four Amazon deliveries showing as delivered on the tracker but no sign of them. They were supposed to be going to the parcel lockers in Castlebar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

whiterebel wrote: »
    Go back through the posts, its not a long thread. You'll get some idea of how long people are waiting.

Thanks. Seems to be luck of the gods, might look into a courier like nightline or Fx world.

Advertisement