Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

USPS to Ireland

Comments

• My item stuck since 30 November today already 10 December item in Dublin Ireland any idea or experience about USPS POST coming from USA I don't know if they hold it on custom but they didn't send me later ? Or maybe it's Xmas delayed ?

Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on November 30, 2020 at 9:04 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

• I have a slightly different issue in that the last scan on December 4th was it leaving JFK.

Does that mean that it could have arrived in Dublin and just be waiting to be sorted? (I’ve never had anything with USPS before, so quite unsure) it seems a long enough time, but delays seem inevitable this year!

• I have a slightly different issue in that the last scan on December 4th was it leaving JFK.

Does that mean that it could have arrived in Dublin and just be waiting to be sorted? (I’ve never had anything with USPS before, so quite unsure) it seems a long enough time, but delays seem inevitable this year!

Scratch all this. It arrived this morning. Still nothing on the tracking but at least it is here :)

• How long is it taking for USPS delivery from USA? What date were they sent and what date were they delivered?

• JIdontknow wrote: »
    How long is it taking for USPS delivery from USA? What date were they sent and what date were they delivered?

Go back through the posts, its not a long thread. You'll get some idea of how long people are waiting.

• Advertisement

• whiterebel wrote: »
    Go back through the posts, its not a long thread. You'll get some idea of how long people are waiting.

Thanks. Seems to be luck of the gods, might look into a courier like nightline or Fx world.

• Waiting for a parcel that left the US on November 19th and hasn't arrived in Ireland yet. Seriously slow.

Have u had any joy?

• Is anybody else having trouble with USPS packages not updating on an post system but landing in Dublin airport?? I know they have landed as past parcels I have gotten have showed up still without tracking updating on an post side?? Seriously seriously slow nearly 3 weeks waiting since it landed absolute joke

Mod - I moved your post here as it’s more relevant.

• Due to the pandemic there are very few flights with capacity from the US. USPS can only update their last part to departure airport, so it may not have left the States yet., or only flown in the last day or so.

• I must have been lucky. I bought a new phone off of ebay from a crowd in California. Bought it on the 30th of November and had it in my hand yesterday. USPS from California to Kentucky, DHL from there to Shannon.

• Advertisement

• Ronda1 wrote: »
    Is anybody else having trouble with USPS packages not updating on an post system but landing in Dublin airport?? I know they have landed as past parcels I have gotten have showed up still without tracking updating on an post side?? Seriously seriously slow nearly 3 weeks waiting since it landed absolute joke

Mod - I moved your post here as it’s more relevant.

Yep! My parcel was last scanner leaving New York and then delivered to me maybe a week later. Nothing on the tracking though.

• I must have been lucky. I bought a new phone off of ebay from a crowd in California. Bought it on the 30th of November and had it in my hand yesterday. USPS from California to Kentucky, DHL from there to Shannon.

Possibly they have come to a recent agreement with DHL.
    Or the sender opted for a higher cost service

DHL operate their own cargo aircraft and as such are not affected by the huge drop in passenger flights which is what most postal services use to move parcels between countries that are not connected by road.

• Yep! My parcel was last scanner leaving New York and then delivered to me maybe a week later. Nothing on the tracking though.

Was this recent ??

• Ronda1 wrote: »
    Was this recent ??

Sorry, I had the dates in a previous post. Yep. End of November / beginning of December - it left JFK on maybe the 4th of December.

• I ordered a skincare product from a website based in San Diego and was told that shipping would be 5-14 business days. I ordered it on Nov 23 and by Nov 28 it arrived in Dublin (according to the tracking). I still have not received the product and I contacted them the other day and they told me that because of the pandemic ir will take 14-28 days (this was not explained to me when checking out or in the order confirmation emails). I'm not used to purchasing online and I am wondering if this is normal. It has been sitting somewhere in Dublin for nearly 3 weeks now.

• Orlak2410 wrote: »
    I ordered a skincare product from a website based in San Diego and was told that shipping would be 5-14 business days. I ordered it on Nov 23 and by Nov 28 it arrived in Dublin (according to the tracking). I still have not received the product and I contacted them the other day and they told me that because of the pandemic ir will take 14-28 days (this was not explained to me when checking out or in the order confirmation emails). I'm not used to purchasing online and I am wondering if this is normal. It has been sitting somewhere in Dublin for nearly 3 weeks now.

Mod - I presume this is shipped via USPS, so I"ll move it into that thread. Have a look through some of the other posts and you will get a better understanding of what is happening. Nothing is normal at the moment in shipping.

Mod - I presume this is shipped via USPS, so I"ll move it into that thread. Have a look through some of the other posts and you will get a better understanding of what is happening. Nothing is normal at the moment in shipping.

Thanks for that. Yeah a lot of people in a similar situation as me. It's still not our problem that there are delays in shipping so really we should be refunded shipping at least by the vendors. My product was 42 euro in total and 12 euro of that was shipping so it would nice to be even offered that back.

Thanks for that. Yeah a lot of people in a similar situation as me. It's still not our problem that there are delays in shipping so really we should be refunded shipping at least by the vendors. My product was 42 euro in total and 12 euro of that was shipping so it would nice to be even offered that back.

It's hardly their fault either . They should refund because COVID has caused a shortage in transportation?

It's hardly their fault either . They should refund because COVID has caused a shortage in transportation?

No they should refund because they told me 5-14 working days to deliver when I ordered in late november. Then three weeks later when I contacted them wondering where it was they said that it would be 14-28 working days or possibly longer. It's not a present but what if it was? It could be january before I get it.

No they should refund because they told me 5-14 working days to deliver when I ordered in late november. Then three weeks later when I contacted them wondering where it was they said that it would be 14-28 working days or possibly longer. It's not a present but what if it was? It could be january before I get it.

Which is probably what they were told by the carrier. As An Post did to people here when asked about 1/2 day express services. They took the parcel, charged for it and took 8/9 days to deliver. Should the shipper pay because they were given wrong information, again in a very uncertain climate?

I don't know if you're aware of it, but Trump was actively dismantling USPS in the US. Their backlogs are horrendous, and has been for months. Then you have pot luck as to them actually getting it on a an aircraft to either Dublin or London because 90% of the worlds flights are grounded.

Exactly the same is happening in Germany, Spain, Austria, Uk, Czech Republic. Its taking weeks, if not months, to get here from some of those countries.

• Advertisement

Which is probably what they were told by the carrier. As An Post did to people here when asked about 1/2 day express services. They took the parcel, charged for it and took 8/9 days to deliver. Should the shipper pay because they were given wrong information, again in a very uncertain climate?

I don't know if you're aware of it, but Trump was actively dismantling USPS in the US. Their backlogs are horrendous, and has been for months. Then you have pot luck as to them actually getting it on a an aircraft to either Dublin or London because 90% of the worlds flights are grounded.

Exactly the same is happening in Germany, Spain, Austria, Uk, Czech Republic. Its taking weeks, if not months, to get here from some of those countries.

Yes it is the responsibility of the vendor to ensure that the parcel arrives on time. I realise it might not be their fault that it arrives late but the fact of the matter is that they said it would arrive within a certain timeframe and it didn't. I realise most customers might be reasonable and understand that it is busier than usual with an increase in e-commerce and slower shipping/customs due to social distancing and increased sanitization but that's a choice that the customer should have. When I enquired to the vendor about my parcel being late, I received a 'what do you expect attitude' from them and I was not happy with that. If Trump was dismantling the USPS well then the vendor should have factored that into account and informed their customers but they didn't instead they were worrying that that might put people off buying from them.

• I've a package that arrived in Dublin on 12th December, says it departed the airport and in transit to the destination.
    No way would I expect the vendor to refund me. They shipped via USPS, it arrived in ireland within the timeframe, the delay is now the handover between USPS and An Post.
    I guess it coukd be January now before I receive it!

• shashaela wrote: »
    I've a package that arrived in Dublin on 12th December, says it departed the airport and in transit to the destination.
    No way would I expect the vendor to refund me. They shipped via USPS, it arrived in ireland within the timeframe, the delay is now the handover between USPS and An Post.
    I guess it coukd be January now before I receive it!

That's what happened to me. I ordered it on the 23rd of november and it says it arrived in Dublin on the 28th but some of the previous posts on this thread suggest that the USPS can update the tracking saying it's in dublin when it actually isn't. It could be january by the time I get my parcel when I ordered it on the 23rd of november expecting it in 5-14 working days. Somebody has to be held responsible. I know there's a pandemic but people are in the habit or blaming absolutely everything on it. It's getting a bit old now.

• Just wondering if anyone has had much luck in receiving their packages? and if you managed to contact anyone in Dublin Airport about it?

I ordered a book from the states on the 9th of December and it was sent priority by USPS. It travelled from Georgia, to Miami, to Newark Airport. It was all very efficient and I received email updates the whole time, although I'd nearly given up hope that I'd get it for Christmas (it was supposed to be a gift) until I received an email to tell me it arrived in Dublin and had left Dublin 'Transfer facility' on December 22nd. Hurray!!

Except that I'm still waiting and it's now the 7th of Jan and An Post still don't have the tracking number on their system. Much like some of the previous posts. Parcelmonitor.com also tell me that it's Dispatched from sorting center on December 22nd and I've submitted a missing mail request with USPS to see if they can locate it.

Does anyone have any info on how packages are handled within the airport and if there is anyone that can be contacted?

• I had ordered mine about 4th December from new jersey, on the 12th December the update said it had left a transit airport in Dublin. That is the last update on the system, I received it finally on 30th December, but it doesn't display on the USPS site that the package had been received. But I got it in the end, was worried I may never get it.

• Ok great, thanks. I know all I can do is wait but gives me a little bit of hope that I'll get it. Cheers. :)

• As you may have seen from other posts, USPS saying its departed doesn't mean it has left the US. It has been handed over to an airline, but when that actually departs is anyones guess, because it isn't tracked. It may be in Dublin in a massive pile waiting to be sorted for customs and delivery, but An Post aren't quick to update their system because it'll put them under pressure to deliver it.

• podgerella wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has had much luck in receiving their packages? and if you managed to contact anyone in Dublin Airport about it?

I ordered a book from the states on the 9th of December and it was sent priority by USPS. It travelled from Georgia, to Miami, to Newark Airport. It was all very efficient and I received email updates the whole time, although I'd nearly given up hope that I'd get it for Christmas (it was supposed to be a gift) until I received an email to tell me it arrived in Dublin and had left Dublin 'Transfer facility' on December 22nd. Hurray!!

Except that I'm still waiting and it's now the 7th of Jan and An Post still don't have the tracking number on their system. Much like some of the previous posts. Parcelmonitor.com also tell me that it's Dispatched from sorting center on December 22nd and I've submitted a missing mail request with USPS to see if they can locate it.

Does anyone have any info on how packages are handled within the airport and if there is anyone that can be contacted?

I ordered my skincare product from a vendor in California on the 23rd of november. I was told that I would take 5-14 business days. Within a week or so it travelled from San Diego to LA to NY and then to Dublin according to the USPS tracking system. On 11th December I contacted the vendor to let them know that I hadn't received it yet and they told me that because of the pandemic and xmas it would take up to 28 business days or maybe longer (like how long is a price of string). Ever since I have been checking the USPS and an post tracking service. On Tuesday 5th January I contacted the vendor again and they said at this stage it is probably lost and that they would send out another one via the postal services (bearing in mind that they offer expedited shipping that's a little extra but it would arrive a lot quicker). I replied to them and told them that I have been waiting long enough now and the least they can do is send it via expedited shipping and they haven't replied yet. I'm absolutely fuming. They won't be getting a good review for their customer service anyway.

I ordered my skincare product from a vendor in California on the 23rd of november. I was told that I would take 5-14 business days. Within a week or so it travelled from San Diego to LA to NY and then to Dublin according to the USPS tracking system. On 11th December I contacted the vendor to let them know that I hadn't received it yet and they told me that because of the pandemic and xmas it would take up to 28 business days or maybe longer (like how long is a price of string). Ever since I have been checking the USPS and an post tracking service. On Tuesday 5th January I contacted the vendor again and they said at this stage it is probably lost and that they would send out another one via the postal services (bearing in mind that they offer expedited shipping that's a little extra but it would arrive a lot quicker). I replied to them and told them that I have been waiting long enough now and the least they can do is send it via expedited shipping and they haven't replied yet. I'm absolutely fuming. They won't be getting a good review for their customer service anyway.

Thanks OrlaK, sorry you're having so much trouble. I would suspect paying for a courier service would be a better option for you. I do expect my package to arrive at some stage, just a shame that An Post can't do as good a job as USPS. I would've expected if it arrived in Dublin Airport on the 22nd that I could get it in Dublin City by the 24th. I guess the sender can't foresee the issues and hold ups with the Irish postal service, even when I requested priority posting! Unfortunately, the item I ordered isn't something that can be easily replaced! or even at all. Best of luck, hope you get your items soon.

• Advertisement

• podgerella wrote: »
    Thanks OrlaK, sorry you're having so much trouble. I would suspect paying for a courier service would be a better option for you. I do expect my package to arrive at some stage, just a shame that An Post can't do as good a job as USPS. I would've expected if it arrived in Dublin Airport on the 22nd that I could get it in Dublin City by the 24th. I guess the sender can't foresee the issues and hold ups with the Irish postal service, even when I requested priority posting! Unfortunately, the item I ordered isn't something that can be easily replaced! or even at all. Best of luck, hope you get your items soon.

Have you looked back I through any previous posts in this thread? No one knows who USPS are giving it to in the US, whether they have event had flights into London or Ireland. As far as they are concerned, handed over to the airline means it has arrived in Ireland. An Post may not have even seen them yet.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement