Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

barneyrub wrote: »
    Son preordered the series x online with gamestop on 23/09. Looking back over the last few pages it seems he should have received an email already on when to expect delivery. He had no word and emailed them last week. They said they couldn't tell him when he'd receive it

Anyone else order online with gamestop and not have word yet?
    He got a reply from gamestop to say he's not in the initial allocation and can't confirm when they'll have more stock

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jlynam

barneyrub wrote: »
    He got a reply from gamestop to say he's not in the initial allocation and can't confirm when they'll have more stock

Keep an eye on the UK and Irish Microsoft site they've been popping up on there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

Jlynam wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the UK and Irish Microsoft site they've been popping up on there today.

They were popping up on all the stores Italy, Spain, France, Germany etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

Yes! Seen the post on that too late today to get one but will keep an eye on Microsoft.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,418 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

for those with the GameStop code error try now.
    Mine just went through..woohooo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Blazer wrote: »

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Argh, getting to the last page now, go to confirm order, "Unable to process order at this time"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,418 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

the corpo wrote: »
    Argh, getting to the last page now, go to confirm order, "Unable to process order at this time"

Probably everyone is trying it now. Keep at it.
    A crap load of people had the issue on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Blazer wrote: »

got to the confirm order page then says you will need a valid coupon ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Success! Jaysis, how many pre-orders did they have....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

*sigh* Still waiting to see how the Series S performs, mad to think it's out in 5 days tbh.

Honestly could go either way for me, at (a ridiculously cheap imo) €300 I'm not expecting the world, and it could end up being the most impressive of all the consoles to me despite its weaknesses when price is factored in, but I guess I'll be waiting until after launch to find out :(

Can understand Microsoft not wanting to muddy the waters and put their best foot forward with the X but to not show it at all - or even give one to reviewers? (DF said they didn't have one in their Gears 5 review anyway) - is a bit of a letdown and worrying tbh. If it performs well they've got themselves off to a slow start anyway, it's like the thing doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

rm212 wrote: »
    My ability to change payment method or cancel have disappeared on MS Store now! :D

Mine has gone back to saying pre-ordered after it was pending earlier in the week. I pre-ordered it the day they went up. Hopefully I'll still get it day one!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,845 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mucashinto wrote: »
    *sigh* Still waiting to see how the Series S performs, mad to think it's out in 5 days tbh.

Honestly could go either way for me, at (a ridiculously cheap imo) €300 I'm not expecting the world, and it could end up being the most impressive of all the consoles to me despite its weaknesses when price is factored in, but I guess I'll be waiting until after launch to find out :(

Can understand Microsoft not wanting to muddy the waters and put their best foot forward with the X but to not show it at all - or even give one to reviewers? (DF said they didn't have one in their Gears 5 review anyway) - is a bit of a letdown and worrying tbh. If it performs well they've got themselves off to a slow start anyway, it's like the thing doesn't exist.

Think the embargoes are up today aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Moiph wrote: »
    Mine has gone back to saying pre-ordered after it was pending earlier in the week. I pre-ordered it the day they went up. Hopefully I'll still get it day one!

I ordered at 8:13am on 22nd Sep. Order at Pre-Ordered but still no money taken and I have the option to change payment option still. I don't get why they havent processed payment yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Think the embargoes are up today aren't they?

Today for Xbox, tomorrow for PS5 apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Further updates on Series X - Seems to be really quiet for now
    • 19:22 - So the heat. I'll try and explain as best I can. As you're looking at the console, the heat at the front, below the optical drive, all there is 'warm', absolutely no where near as warm as an Xbox One (x). The left hand side is cool. There's warm air getting blown out of the fan, but it's silent. I'm not saying 'near' silent, I'm saying even putting your ear to the vent, you just don't hear anything. Maybe they've shipped a non-fanned one to me :D Seriously, this is incredibly quiet, the fan(s) on my laptop are more noisy!
    • 19:25 - someone asked about 'pop in' on FH4, can't remember who they were. I've driven as far as I can with the windmill still in view until it gets smaller and smaller and smaller. No pop in (or out)
    • 20:57 - Gears V downloaded, installed to internal, testing now...
    • 21:07 - Don't think it's patched. Still don't remember the metallic reflections been this good, and again certainly smoother, but not entirely convinced I have the latest update.
    • Fan. What fan? I can't hear you!!
    • 21:33 - Not going to post much more, I'm hoping a few others will get to receive theirs tomorrow so I can pass the torch onto them. Only disappointment I have is when I was recording a clip from FH4, again this 'next gen' has the same issue with 'last gen' in that the gameplay stutters as the clip is getting stored. Trivial, small, no big deal or not good, that's down to you to decide, but I'd have thought this would have been something that would have been sorted out, especially how the controller now has a dedicated 'share' button. I imagine some gamers are gonna be hyped about their latest 4k 60FPS buttery smooth performance and want to share it, but that stutter as it's saving the clip, hmmmm, just wish that was gone. Not something I use myself, just testing, but still. Shame.
    • 22:53 - Last update. Managed to sort out the games in platform order. So at the moment it's saying Ark, FH4 and Gears V are the only ones X|S Enhanced. Nothing else is showing. Not really much to update, there's no other updates out there, the Quick Resume I'm still not 100% convinced is 'internal storage' only, and I've not worked out what causes it to work sometimes and not the others. But as a few have said, MS are probably busy as I type working on final updates so I may get another one on Monday or Tuesday. Either way, when it does work, it's quick, really quick!! And finally, that fan simply has not made a noise, so for me, the size and noise levels are the biggest surprise yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

ZiabR wrote: »
    I ordered at 8:13am on 22nd Sep. Order at Pre-Ordered but still no money taken and I have the option to change payment option still. I don't get why they havent processed payment yet.

It's mentioned on the order email that payment will be taken once it ships. This thread has gone off the rails with everyone panicking for no reason. It's Microsoft lads, they will take your money happily

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    It's mentioned on the order email that payment will be taken once it ships. This thread has gone off the rails with everyone panicking for no reason. It's Microsoft lads, they will take your money happily

In fairness, after talking to their own customer service, the payment was supposed to be taken like Tuesday and they have no idea why it wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Am I Evil? wrote: »

I was gonna say this a few times, but I doubt it'll stop the panic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

im in a bit of a quandry......

i have a new 4k tv (not bought for console use specifically) its a 65" sony XH900, so in theory it should be good to go for 4k 120hz gaming once sony iron out the bugs.

im going to buy a next gen console.

on the other side of it, i have two small kids, and max an hour an evening for a few evenings a week to play games.

the s is available, the space in reality wont be an issue as im unlikely to have more than 2 games on the go (say fifa / pes and something else) maybe 3 if you add forza or something.

Also given the use ill get out of it id be better spending less.

also there is less of a chance of getting a ps5 or xbox series x before christmas

Against that ill be under utilising the tv, and the cost differential is not really an issue as such.

what should i do :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Received the email from GameStop with code to reorder the Series X with a voucher for what I had already paid off.

Took a couple of attempts as the site was flakey but got it done.

€3.50 for delivery is very reasonable too. Now we wait. Hopefully I won't be left staring out the window all day long now on Tuesday.

Have Tuesday to Friday booked off but will work until I receive it on Tuesday and maybe save myself a half day (working from home).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Cyrus wrote: »

i have a new 4k tv (not bought for console use specifically) its a 65" sony XH900, so in theory it should be good to go for 4k 120hz gaming once sony iron out the bugs.

on the other side of it, i have two small kids, and max an hour an evening for a few evenings a week to play games.

the s is available, the space in reality wont be an issue as im unlikely to have more than 2 games on the go (say fifa / pes and something else) maybe 3 if you add forza or something.

also there is less of a chance of getting a ps5 or xbox series x before christmas

Against that ill be under utilising the tv, and the cost differential is not really an issue as such.

I'd guess an Xbox would be easier find over a PS5 in the run up to Xmas, there was some on sale yesterday throughout the day on the MS site.

To be honest I'm in a similar enough situation to you in terms of play time (just don't have 120hz :D) Gamepass won me over in the end, have it stacked for the next few years and don't have to worry as much about dropping 70 quid on a game and not having the time to play through them.

Pretty sure the only game I bought this year was Tony Hawk remaster, everything else was Gamepass or free to play like Warzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

jaykay2 wrote: »
    Received the email from GameStop with code to reorder the Series X with a voucher for what I had already paid off.

Took a couple of attempts as the site was flakey but got it done.

€3.50 for delivery is very reasonable too. Now we wait. Hopefully I won't be left staring out the window all day long now on Tuesday.

Have Tuesday to Friday booked off but will work until I receive it on Tuesday and maybe save myself a half day (working from home).

Pretty sure they're using An Post for delivery so it really depends on how reliable your local parcel delivery guys are

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I'd guess an Xbox would be easier find over a PS5 in the run up to Xmas, there was some on sale yesterday throughout the day on the MS site.

To be honest I'm in a similar enough situation to you in terms of play time (just don't have 120hz :D) Gamepass won me over in the end, have it stacked for the next few years and don't have to worry as much about dropping 70 quid on a game and not having the time to play through them.

Pretty sure the only game I bought this year was Tony Hawk remaster, everything else was Gamepass or free to play like Warzone.

would you hold out for an x over an s?

Series S is aimed at very casual gamers, people with 1080p TVs and those on a tight budget.

None of those seems to describe you so I would go with the Series X or PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Doomofman wrote: »
    Pretty sure they're using An Post for delivery so it really depends on how reliable your local parcel delivery guys are

Didn't know who they were using. Thanks for that. Usually arrive in the afternoon or little later I suppose. Have some packages arriving today so will know more then!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

jaykay2 wrote: »
    Didn't know who they were using. Thanks for that. Usually arrive in the afternoon or little later I suppose. Have some packages arriving today so will know more then!

AnPost have been terrible lately, had a tracked parcel leave England Monday and still no sign of it, over €400 worth

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Doomofman wrote: »

More likely to be GLS, I've had bigger items delivered by them before from GameStop.

Afaik they only use An Post for small parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

gibgodsman wrote: »
    AnPost have been terrible lately, had a tracked parcel leave England Monday and still no sign of it, over €400 worth

Yeah I’ve had stuff coming from within Ireland stuck at sorting facilities for 4-5 days. I’d say the amount of online shopping these days is through the roof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

would you hold out for an x over an s?

Yeah I've an X coming on launch all going well. It's replacing my One X so I wanted to keep the option for 4K, have a reasonably new TV that should be fine at 4k/60, just not 120 capable.

I was nearly sent packing when I suggested upgrading the year and a half old TV :pac:

Advertisement