Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Just got email from Gamestop with a gift card number worth 299.99 to order the Series S online and get it delivered to my home address.

Guessed this was how they'd do this. They did the exact same thing with the FF VII Deluxe Edition back in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Just got email from Gamestop with a gift card number worth 299.99 to order the Series S online and get it delivered to my home address.

Anyone got an email for the Series X yet? No email but confirmed launch allocation here

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'd say the only people at risk of not getting on Day 1 from MS are those in rural locations.

I've a feeling i'll be one of those but it's not the end of the world if I have to wait an extra day or two. I think UPS are doing the deliveries, my past experience with them is not great, half the time they don't show up for the allocated slot delivery time and they try again the next day or the day after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

What was the trick with the UK Xbox site? Won’t work for me now. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Doomofman wrote: »
    When I ordered the OG Xbox One through them, I ended up getting it at like 10pm on launch day, I recall there being some issue with the trailer full of xboxs getting from the UK to Ireland which led to the delays but that was 7 years ago now

Let's blame Don Mattrick for it. Whole launch was a disaster.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Jlynam wrote: »
    I ordered today and the money has already been taken so I don't know why don't have had money taken and others not

Same here albeit I ordered from MS France but the full payment was taken about ten minutes after the order was accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭antifyre

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Anyone got an email for the Series X yet? No email but confirmed launch allocation here

Not yet, and am paid up etc so it’d be the postage paid and done. Possibly a separate wave tomorrow? Wonder what the split for X/S is actually...

quokula wrote: »
    I'd imagine most people can't run an ethernet cable to their living room tv all that easily. Would be far preferable to have a console that doesn't require you to make significant home alterations.

I'm with Virgin Media so feed comes from TV point so router is close by so it's easy to do ethernet. So I get 360mb on the Xbox.
    I appreciate that not everyone is with VM though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Do GameStop take one for all vouchers? I have €130 sitting in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Do GameStop take one for all vouchers? I have €130 sitting in the car.

Argos and GameStop do. It seems you can now convert them to Microsoft credit as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Got the email from GameStop.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭antifyre

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Got the email from GameStop.

Same - Whoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

My ability to change payment method or cancel have disappeared on MS Store now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Just got my email there, my pre order amount was turned into a gift card,

Was able to add another gift card

My Xbox has now been paid for and ordered roll on Tuesday !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Limpar

rm212 wrote: »
    My ability to change payment method or cancel have disappeared on MS Store now! :D
    Same here - after only ordering this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

Got the email from Gamestop in the past few minutes and completed payment for the Series X just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

Yup my GameStop series x is sorted now and will be delivered to my house

Strange but any sign of payment has disappeared from my Credit Card account. Up to today it showed as reducing my available credit by €499.99 and now that's gone. Weird.

My order is still swing as pre-ordered on MS website and shipping next week.

I assume all is ok and it was just a pre-authorisation that will go throigh fully when shipped.

Have one in my cart on the Irish MS store but it won’t let me check out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Got the GS email, but when I add the code it fails and I get this message:

"Maximum quantity has been reached"

Anyone else get this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭-maccer-

EdK wrote: »
    Have one in my cart on the Irish MS store but it won’t let me check out :(

Same as me, won't allow me to select my credit card as payment. Getting an error that there is an issue on their side and waiting a while might resolve.

The series x is in my cart, so close.

You have any luck completing the transaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

the corpo wrote: »
    Got the GS email, but when I add the code it fails and I get this message:

"Maximum quantity has been reached"

Anyone else get this?

Same here with the issue. Guessing it's their systems going down? I'll be fuming if I missed out on my 'launch' console because they sent an email at 8pm and I spot it two hours later.

-maccer- wrote: »
    Same as me, won't allow me to select my credit card as payment. Getting an error that there is an issue on their side and waiting a while might resolve.

The series x is in my cart, so close.

You have any luck completing the transaction?

No tried it repeatedly and no joy so annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Got a coupon myself this evening for 50e and to pay the rest from gamestop,went to enter the coupon and its coming up as maximum quantity has been reached,anyone else having this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭-maccer-

EdK wrote: »
    No tried it repeatedly and no joy so annoying!

I went to edit cart and it has now accepted my credit card and the buy now button is green. But on clicking it again getting an error that issue on their end.

How long will the item stay in my cart is what I'm wondering!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I went to edit cart and it has now accepted my credit card and the buy now button is green. But on clicking it again getting an error that issue on their end.

How were you able to add it to your cart? I keep getting a popup saying you are leaving MS but I never leave the MS website.

Don’t know if it’s really even in the cart as if you go back there’s none available. Possibly a glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

johnf26 wrote: »
    Got a coupon myself this evening for 50e and to pay the rest from gamestop,went to enter the coupon and its coming up as maximum quantity has been reached,anyone else having this problem?

Have the exact same issue. Bloody tossers.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Be lucky yeve gotten any correspondence from GameStop mine is fully paid off from 22nd and not a peep, still get their marketing emails alright, support have been useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Cancellation and payment options removed from my MS store Series X order :cool: (I'd be surprised if it doesn't ship before the weekend!)

Just signed up to 3 years of Xbox game pass for under €100 :cool:

My body is ready :cool:

Advertisement