Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Just got my receipt from Curry’s in an email. Starting to get excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cogotazo

I just went to Microsoft Store Ireland, Series X order page... Order now button was green and shiny, I couldn't believe it, I went through the process and just got a confirmation email, and waiting to be charged at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derek..

Likewise, this one is for.the nephew but the relief is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Limpar

Today for Xbox, tomorrow for PS5 apparently.

The embargo ends at 2pm our time apparently for Series X hardware reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

cogotazo wrote: »
    I just went to Microsoft Store Ireland, Series X order page... Order now button was green and shiny, I couldn't believe it, I went through the process and just got a confirmation email, and waiting to be charged at the moment...

Nice, ive been refreshing all morning with no luck. A few failed ghost attempts yesterday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Nice. That's very lucky. I honestly didn't expect them to be so hard found at launch seeing as they have been producing them longer than Sony have the PS5, according to stuff I read earlier in the year. Hopefully we'll see loads more batches arriving before the end of the year.

There is a chance they could sell some extra consoles to people who can't get a PS5 as I remember the lady in GameStop telling me over the phone that they had something like 10 times the PS5 pre-orders than Xbox. Some of those people will likely be waiting until the new year.

Gamers aren't exactly known for their patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,879 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Yes that one
    https://www.xbox.com/en-ie/configure/8wj714n3rbtl
    I've been very lucky indeed, it's a lottery, best of luck, there is still hope as you can see!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Not getting the Series X at launch but I have a load of CEX vouchers, hoping to grab one of the first ones to show up on their site.

I figure it could be a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

Yes that one
    https://www.xbox.com/en-ie/configure/8wj714n3rbtl
    I've been very lucky indeed, it's a lottery, best of luck, there is still hope as you can see!

Oooh very nice, did it let you go through the whole process (address/payment) ?
    I don't have a clue how it works but I will keeping an eye and hopefully get one at some stage.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,904 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Markitron wrote: »
    Not getting the Series X at launch but I have a load of CEX vouchers, hoping to grab one of the first ones to show up on their site.

I figure it could be a while.

I bet there'll be some up on the website within a few days. Knowing CEX they'll be looking for €700 for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Morckk

I have one in my cart on the XBox Irish website and have gone all the way to hit Buy Now, but it won’t go any further. Keeps telling me there is something wrong at their end and to try again later. So frustrating.

Yes, they ask for address and payment process.
    Then send you a confirmation email.
    The current status is:
    Pre-ordered
    Estimated delivery November 10

I'm waiting to be charged at the moment (once the item is shipped according to the email)

m8051 wrote: »
    Oooh very nice, did it let you go through the whole process (address/payment) ?
    I don't have a clue how it works but I will keeping an eye and hopefully get one at some stage.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,879 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Morckk wrote: »
    I have one in my cart on the XBox Irish website and have gone all the way to hit Buy Now, but it won’t go any further. Keeps telling me there is something wrong at their end and to try again later. So frustrating.

ive got as far as entering the code from aib and its failing at that point

Yes, they ask for address and payment process.
    Then send you a confirmation email.
    The current status is:
    Pre-ordered
    Estimated delivery November 10

I'm waiting to be charged at the moment (once the item is shipped according to the email)

Great, I will keep an eye on it ... just out of curiosity how did you manage to get to that link? Every time I am trying to pre order any of the xbox series on any Microsoft web site, the browser redirects to this link https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/consoles/xbox-series-x#purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I bet there'll be some up on the website within a few days. Knowing CEX they'll be looking for €700 for it though.

Actually come to think of it I have no idea what they would be charging for it, I won't be paying that much anyway. I got a brand new 1X from them in January 2018 for 500 quid but I'm guessing I won't be so lucky this time.

m8051 wrote: »
    Great, I will keep an eye on it ... just out of curiosity how did you manage to get to that link? Every time I am trying to pre order any of the xbox series on any Microsoft web site, the browser redirects to this link https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/consoles/xbox-series-x#purchase

I don't recall, I think I got it yesterday from a tweet informing of this flickering availability? It's true that the url seems to have a token number, maybe unique for each session? And it redirects to that other one you posted...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,242 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Did they give you an alloted time or anything? I'm paid off.

Scratch that, received receipt.

And I was just charged, got a revolut notification... just one hour after the confirmation email, and the money is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just got an email from GameStop telling me I'm not in the launch allocation and offering me a refund for my deposit. Seems to be a mass email.

Suits me to get a refund to be honest but it's a pretty poor situation, especially when I ordered minutes after the orders went live.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Had pre-ordered an xbox series s on gamestop about a month ago but got an email this morning saying it wouldn't be available. So I tried a few times on Microsoft store and eventually managed to pay for one...not sure when it will be delivered though

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

donfers wrote: »
    Had pre-ordered an xbox series s on gamestop about a month ago but got an email this morning saying it wouldn't be available. So I tried a few times on Microsoft store and eventually managed to pay for one...not sure when it will be delivered though

If you buy on MS Store, I think you'll get it for launch. They're not selling on backorder atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭BenK

EdK wrote: »
    Legend got one

Seemed to get one too. Surely they won't actually have stock for the release date will they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

BenK wrote: »
    Seemed to get one too. Surely they won't actually have stock for the release date will they?

Wouldn't be outside the realms of possibility. Might be some cancelled pre-orders and they would have the stock in now so know exactly what they have to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Finally got the dreaded email from gamestop. Debating to get the refund and take a chance somewhere else.

BenK wrote: »

The confirmation email I got it says it is expected to be delivered on the 11th ... payment has been made

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Limpar

Review embargo for Series X and S hardware has just lifted - plenty of reviews on YouTube etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Advertisement