Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

So what day to we expect MS orders to change to shipped.

Any idea where the consoles will ship from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

murpho999 wrote: »

If its the UK they need to ship Thursday/Friday. If its Ireland they can ship Friday/Saturday or even Monday but no guarantee will will all receive them on launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I'd say Friday would be when they'll probably start shipping them but there are people on Reddit who have tracking info already, someone in Portugal has already received their Series X from the microsoft store.

I ordered my launch Xbox One from them and it shipped from Tamworth in the UK the day before release, ended up being a day late though.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I told a guy I know in the UK about the stock being available on their site, so he ordered. He then realised that he had put the wrong postcode so cancelled and tried to reorder, and it was out of stock.

He contacted Customer Support and they said there's an issue with the site at the moment, but there is more stock available, which will show up soon. No idea if he's talking rubbish or not, but it's a glimmer of hope for people who just missed out.

I cant see there being stock issues.

On the PS or Xbox thread theres barely a person saying they're getting the Xbox.

Surely Microsoft can produce enough units to facilitate a market that looks to be 5:1 in favour of Sony(guesstimate based on the other thread).

My plan is to walk into a shop and buy one, if I need to wait an extra week, I wont lose any sleep.

But going on previous launches, the hysteria never matches the actual stock, and for this release the gap between the two is even bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

gibgodsman wrote: »
    I did the same and got the same answer, I also did ring Microsoft and their customer service literally just kept retrying to confirm the payment option hoping it would take the payment but had no idea if it actually would work, honestly I hope the money is taken at latest tomorrow, because by Friday I would imagine it will be too late to be shipped for the 10th

Microsoft told me that the payment was authorised and it will be take it out of the account probably on Friday when they ship the order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Tech8

Not sure if this has been talked about yet but does anyone know what the story is with Xbox All Access in Ireland?

I know the uk have the option but not here and I've been holding off getting a series X in the hopes I can just lump the cost in with my gamepass subscription.

Tech8 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been talked about yet but does anyone know what the story is with Xbox All Access in Ireland?

I know the uk have the option but not here and I've been holding off getting a series X in the hopes I can just lump the cost in with my gamepass subscription.

Not available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Microsoft told me that the payment was authorised and it will be take it out of the account probably on Friday when they ship the order

Are you actually seeing the 499 on your pending transactions though? It seems it depends on what agent you get speaking to as to what you will be told.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Tech8 wrote: »

Not available in Ireland and terrible value when compared with better ways of obtaining a GPU subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jlynam

PsychoPete wrote: »

I ordered today and the money has already been taken so I don't know why don't have had money taken and others not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Some update from the person on Reddit who got the XSX today
    • Just tried No Mans Sky, jeez it's fast!! So smooth!
    • Gonne boot up RDR2 at lunch and see what that's like, also test the fans noise levels.
    • 12:06 - Gear V requires an update - 69.9Gb :D
    • 12:09 - While I'm waiting for Gears V to update, RDR2 - about 45 secs to get to main page, about 40 secs to get into game.
    • 12:14 - Spent about 3 or 4 mins on RDR2 running around, absolutely ZERO noise from the Xbox Series X (hope the fans are working) - it's silent!!!!
    • 12:28 - Geavs V at 30% so can start, trying now...
    • 12:38 - as requested by scaredofthedark666, the quick change function... Swapping between Gear V and No Mans Sky (BOTH show "Quick Resume" in top right corner), takes about 4 to 5 seconds to change. Also had Gears V running, shut down console. Turning on and to Home Screen takes about 2 seconds, resuming Gears V takes about another 2 seconds. Wow!
    • 12:56 - just checked EA Play, at the moment it's not available for me other than to purchase. I imagine this will change on the 10th
    • 13:07 - more questions about Quick Resume... OK, No Mans Sky, I've jetpacked in the air and switched to Gears V, Gears V I'm firing and just switched off console.
    • Turned console on, again less than 2 seconds to show home screen. Switched to No Mans Sky, about 2 seconds to load, and I'm falling back to earth. Switched to Gears (about 4 seconds), and I'm just holstering weapon.
    • 13:19 - ok so Quick Resume. Last game I had open was NMS, just loaded up Hitman2, can't really say it loaded quicker but anyway. Switched back to NMS and the Quick Resume has been lost. So had to wait for it to load normal. Still quicker than the Xbox One X, but still, I did think the last 5 games would all be Quick Resume (if it was enabled). Something not 100% working as expected.
    • 13:20 - Still not hearing the fan!!!!
    • 14:33 - Trying Forza Horizon 4, nice big 62.77Gb update on it's way! Can't give any comments on GearsV yet. It says it's downloaded the update, but when I try to get in campaign it says it's still downloaded. Have reset console, still the same, so something not 100% there.
    • 15:37 - Trying Forza Horizon 4 - didn't notice anything greatly difference in load time, but changing cars takes about 3 to 4 seconds and fast travel is like 2 seconds!
    • 16:13 - so Gears V. Was showing it was installed on 2 drives, and does clearly say it is only playable if installed internally (I imagine for speed). So now moving the needed files from External to Internal and will report back to see if there's any visual updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

ZiabR wrote: »
    Are you actually seeing the 499 on your pending transactions though? It seems it depends on what agent you get speaking to as to what you will be told.

In my automatic transactions I've one today from Microsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Just got email from Gamestop with a gift card number worth 299.99 to order the Series S online and get it delivered to my home address.

Got the email from Game Stop. All paid up and expecting delivery on launch day. Only €3.50 for delivery, fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lionheartronin

Guys, I have my Series X and some accessories pre-ordered and paid for in-store, and confirmed in the launch allocation - is the email you're getting just pop onto the website, buy again, job done, sit back and wait for delivery on launch day?

Did either of you have accessories pre-ordered and were they included as well?

Guys, I have my Series X and some accessories pre-ordered and paid for in-store, and confirmed in the launch allocation - is the email you're getting just pop onto the website, buy again, job done, sit back and wait for delivery on launch day?

Did either of you have accessories pre-ordered and were they included as well?
    I didn't have any accessories in my order.

Email gives you a code (I'm guessing linked to your preorder) and a gift voucher for the €50 deposit. Yes you basically order the console again but this time must pay in full and choose delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lionheartronin

Email gives you a code (I'm guessing linked to your preorder) and a gift voucher for the €50 deposit. Yes you basically order the console again but this time must pay in full and choose delivery.

Happy days - I'm guessing if you had it fully paid off the gift card is for the full amount? Fingers crossed anyway, don't fancy paying again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Hay what time did everyone get there GameStop pre orders emails at to pay ?

Notting in my inbox just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭antifyre

Ok, that's a pretty cool development. Not gotten an email yet, but fair play to them once it all works - just a little clarity would have gone a LONG way, but still getting it on Launch day is a bonus (especially for my buddy, who is now VERY happy)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

Wonder if more pre-orders are going up on the MS site, or are they updating order status, as account.microsoft.com is currently down.

• Advertisement

Hay what time did everyone get there GameStop pre orders emails at to pay ?

Notting in my inbox just yet

20 mins ago. I wonder will they space them out to avoid crashing the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Marko83

Has anyone had contact from Currys about pickup on launch day?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

JasonRyan wrote: »
    Wonder if more pre-orders are going up on the MS site, or are they updating order status, as account.microsoft.com is currently down.

Working fine for me here, but no updates to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Marko83 wrote: »
    Has anyone had contact from Currys about pickup on launch day?

Nothing here. Only thing I got was when I’d paid, got a confirmation email that said:

‘Please ensure you visit your chosen store for collection from November 10th*. Your console will be waiting for you.

Also, note that you will have up until the 17th November to collect your Xbox console. If you are unable to do so, unfortunately, we will have to issue a full refund.

Just a little reminder

Please bring with you your preorder number found in your confirmation email along with a valid form of ID to verify your purchase (Valid forms of ID include a passport or driving licence).‘

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

20 mins ago. I wonder will they space them out to avoid crashing the website.

I wonder like just got to play the waiting game now and wait and see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

dar83 wrote: »
    Working fine for me here, but no updates to report.

Just back for me now.
    Was unavailable for a short while, no status change for me yet either!

I see on Reddit that some users are reporting seeing serials numbers get assigned to their accounts and dispatch notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ZiabR wrote: »
    If its the UK they need to ship Thursday/Friday. If its Ireland they can ship Friday/Saturday or even Monday but no guarantee will will all receive them on launch day.

I think there's a very high chance that we'll get them on Tuesday. They also said in their email that they would be delivering throughout the day.

I don't see why it would take 3 days to come from Tamworth unless the Irish UPS more time to get organised.
    dor83 wrote: »
    I'd say Friday would be when they'll probably start shipping them but there are people on Reddit who have tracking info already, someone in Portugal has already received their Series X from the microsoft store.

I ordered my launch Xbox One from them and it shipped from Tamworth in the UK the day before release, ended up being a day late though.

OK but the Tamworth location in the UPS hub in UK. I 'm wondering where these consoles are now though.

Interesting your XBONE was 1 day late. Hopefully doesn't happen next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

I think there's a very high chance that we'll get them on Tuesday. They also said in their email that they would be delivering throughout the day.

I don't see why it would take 3 days to come from Tamworth unless the Irish UPS more time to get organised.

OK but the Tamworth location in the UPS hub in UK. I 'm wondering where these consoles are now though.

When I ordered the OG Xbox One through them, I ended up getting it at like 10pm on launch day, I recall there being some issue with the trailer full of xboxs getting from the UK to Ireland which led to the delays but that was 7 years ago now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Got the email from Game Stop. All paid up and expecting delivery on launch day. Only €3.50 for delivery, fair play to them.

At least they’ve started emailing anyway,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

The first info I got about it was Tamworth I think, long time ago now so can't be sure.

I remember someone in Tamworth posting on twitter on launch day that a truck going to Ireland had been delayed and it was full of Xboxs, I was annoyed at the time but they did get it to me the next day Which was a Saturday when the drivers weren't supposed to be working.

Advertisement