Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Braytek

Hey all

Anyone pre ordered from gamestop? I have pre ordered paid in full end of september

They have my mobile number but no idea on email address used by my gamestop account (loyalty program)

My gamestop is closed (not click and collect) so I assume if I'm lucky they will call or email and get my address?

I hope not email as not sure which is used and if I still have access at that its ages ago I got gamestop loyalty

Congrats to all the lucky ones getting on lunch day im not jelly at all....maybe just a bit 😅

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Braytek wrote: »
    Hey all

Anyone pre ordered from gamestop? I have pre ordered paid in full end of september

They have my mobile number but no idea on email address used by my gamestop account (loyalty program)

My gamestop is closed (not click and collect) so I assume if I'm lucky they will call or email and get my address?

I hope not email as not sure which is used and if I still have access at that its ages ago I got gamestop loyalty

Congrats to all the lucky ones getting on lunch day im not jelly at all....maybe just a bit ��

Thanks

in the exact same boat and nada from gamestop.
    someone posted in to send an email to xbox@gamestop.com if you haven't received a notification for your pre-order yet. But its a .com address and Gamestop ireland use .ie so I worry its just sitting there ignored.
    Thank god I only gave the feckers 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Hey all

Congrats to all the lucky ones getting on lunch day im not jelly at all....maybe just a bit ��

Thanks
    I preordered in gamestop swords on launch day traded in Xbox plus 3 games and a few euro got email I will be in 2nd wave before end of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Braytek

RGARDINR wrote: »
    I preordered in gamestop swords on launch day traded in Xbox plus 3 games and a few euro got email I will be in 2nd wave before end of November.

Hey thanks for the reply

Kinda just have to wait and see I guess but not expecting it during lockdown and probably not this side of Christmas. Well its for me anyway so least nobody else be upset 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

SlitsK92 wrote: »
    I got the email but I'm still able to cancel the order, no pending transactions on Revolut either, I'm regretting using Revolut now as I'll likely have to confirm the payment when MS try take it, Worried it'll happen during the night & mess up my order

Why don't you change how you pay ?

I can still do it on my order. I also received the email and have the option to either cancel or change how I pay.

That being said I've never had to confirm a transaction asking for confirmation before on Revolut? Is that normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

Pre ordered an extra controller in Smyth's. Console coming from GameStop but didn't have confidence to go in and grab an accessorie separately with all the uncertainty from them.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/xbox-series-x/xbox-series-x-accessories/xbox-wireless-controller-%e2%80%93-carbon-black/p/192015

Microsoft are cheaper: https://www.xbox.com/en-ie/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller

Will Smyth's end up being same or should I cancel and go direct with MS?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

jammer84 wrote: »
    Pre ordered an extra controller in Smyth's. Console coming from GameStop but didn't have confidence to go in and grab an accessorie separately with all the uncertainty from them.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/xbox-series-x/xbox-series-x-accessories/xbox-wireless-controller-%e2%80%93-carbon-black/p/192015

Microsoft are cheaper: https://www.xbox.com/en-ie/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller

Will Smyth's end up being same or should I cancel and go direct with MS?

Just go direct with MS, and get the Shock Blue while you’re at it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why don't you change how you pay ?

I can still do it on my order. I also received the email and have the option to either cancel or change how I pay.

That being said I've never had to confirm a transaction asking for confirmation before on Revolut? Is that normal?

I get it sometimes, it depends on the vendor. You usually have 10 minutes to confirm the transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Hey all

Thanks

Pre ordered GameStop in July, traded Xbox one x in with 3 games in September, getting Xbox day one,

Got a email from GameStop last week to confirm I am getting it day one and will be gettting a email later this week to pay and confirm delivery details

Could you try and reset passwords via the gamestop website and see if you can get into your account that way ?, once in you can check your in store orders and you should be able to see when you pre ordered your Xbox

If not you could email the support and see ? As you should also have your phone number tied to your GameStop account,

If you ordered end of September in store I say your no go for a day one as must people who pre ordered a Xbox and is it getting one day pre ordered months back ahead of the pre order official date

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭barneyrub

Son preordered the series x online with gamestop on 23/09. Looking back over the last few pages it seems he should have received an email already on when to expect delivery. He had no word and emailed them last week. They said they couldn't tell him when he'd receive it

Anyone else order online with gamestop and not have word yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Has anybody heard from Smyth's yet. I've a pre-order booked from carrickmines.

Andy-Pandy wrote: »

Payment being taken at the normal time for click & collect orders and all console reservations will be held until close of business December 3rd.

In store orders should work the same as click and collect, show your preorder text/receipt and pay the balance.

Andy-Pandy wrote: »

Was mentioned a while ago, I got this text on October 20th
    Hi, Just a quick update on your Smyths Toys Pre-Order which is scheduled to be released during the lockdown period. You will receive a text when your order is ready to collect. The store will be open for collections throughout the lockdown period.

Payment by card only. Photo ID and Pre-Order Receipt are required.

If you cannot travel to a store and do not have anyone to collect for you, we will hold your Pre-Order for you to collect at your nominated store until close of business on Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
    Best Wishes,
    Smyths Toys

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

barneyrub wrote: »
    Son preordered the series x online with gamestop on 23/09. Looking back over the last few pages it seems he should have received an email already on when to expect delivery. He had no word and emailed them last week. They said they couldn't tell him when he'd receive it

My brother has an online order from gamestop. No contact at all from them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

barneyrub wrote: »

I've a pre-order with them and not heard anything either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Still no sign of MS charging me. I wish they'd just get it over with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

MS charged me this morning and order is no longer in a status of pending on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

kiddums wrote: »
    Still no sign of MS charging me. I wish they'd just get it over with.

I know some people have received another mail from MS stating that payment will be taken soon and to make sure payment details are correct etc. I haven't received any mails myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Just read that the Controller still uses double AA batteries and the charging pack is of course sold out. As an environmentally conscious person I hope to get my hands on the charging pack asap :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

ZiabR wrote: »
    I know some people have received another mail from MS stating that payment will be taken soon and to make sure payment details are correct etc. I haven't received any mails myself.

No activity here whatsoever myself apart from confirmation email on pre order day. Might contact them today to see what way they are doing it if no email by this afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

skerry wrote: »
    No activity here whatsoever myself apart from confirmation email on pre order day. Might contact them today to see what way they are doing it if no email by this afternoon

In totally the same boat here, no emails apart from confirmation and no charge yet. Someone on Reddit said they called Microsoft supposedly and MS said they'd be doing charging in batches through to Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derek..

rm212 wrote: »
    In totally the same boat here, no emails apart from confirmation and no charge yet. Someone on Reddit said they called Microsoft supposedly and MS said they'd be doing charging in batches through to Thursday.

Thanks for this.. maybe no need to worry until Thursday then

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    Just read that the Controller still uses double AA batteries and the charging pack is of course sold out. As an environmentally conscious person I hope to get my hands on the charging pack asap :/

Get a set of Eneloops or if you have a USB-C cable you can just get the Xbox One charge kit, the only difference is the cable in the box being micro USB instead of USB-C.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

LeeroyJ. wrote: »

Get this bad boy instead:

AmazonBasics Charger with 8 AA batteries

These are some of the best rechargeable batteries going, last for ages, and if you do a straight swap then you'll always have batteries ready for your controller.

I ended up buying loads for all my kids toys as well, they're great. Then I took loads of them back out of the toys because they're really loud and annoying :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MS, a massive, trillion dollar software company, doesn't have the payment processing capability to deal with millions of transactions. Always amazes me how rickety some backends are.

Reminds of the software that airlines use to book seats, it's basically the same as it was in the 70s. Or the software running the banking systems, it's all ancient.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Sound. I had looked on Reddit over the weekend and couldn't find any info there so that's good to know. Probably wasting my time contacting them if that's the answer. I'm not overly concerned to be honest as my order is still up there on MS website and I've checked all my details and their good so no reason to cancel or push out or anything. Just weird with people from same region ordering at same time and some getting emails/ charged and no activity for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I wasn't charged anything yet, my order is on the UK microsoft site. Still showing as pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

CatInABox wrote: »
    MS, a massive, trillion dollar software company, doesn't have the payment processing capability to deal with millions of transactions. Always amazes me how rickety some backends are.

Reminds of the software that airlines use to book seats, it's basically the same as it was in the 70s. Or the software running the banking systems, it's all ancient.

How can you say that MS don't have the capability to process millions of transactions when that's exactly what they're doing?

Don't forget Xbox consoles are not their only transactions.

Payments is a complex business full of rules and regulations, country specific, revenue recognition rules too that realate to when product is shipped ,as well as dependence on third parties to process so I don't see why you think they're struggling with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The one comfort you can take, MS didnt become one of the biggest companies on the planet, by being afraid to collect a few bob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭antifyre

Got a email from GameStop last week to confirm I am getting it day one and will be gettting a email later this week to pay and confirm delivery details

Also got the confirmation on being Launch day from GS but not around delivery etc. (I'd already completely paid up, possibly the difference). Did they give any info on intended delivery date etc?

Advertisement