Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭BenK

m8051 wrote: »
    The confirmation email I got it says it is expected to be delivered on the 11th ... payment has been made

Yeah I got the same email and have paid too, seems too good to be true but hopefully that is the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Top man. I've been lurking this thread for quite a while and finally paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭privateBeavis

Wouldn't be outside the realms of possibility. Might be some cancelled pre-orders and they would have the stock in now so know exactly what they have to play with.

Not cancelled orders, more likely people who's preorders couldn't be finalized because of their disaster of a system!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,878 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

EdK wrote: »
    Legend got one

me too thanks everyone¬ :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭-maccer-

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Top man. I've been lurking this thread for quite a while and finally paid off.

Just ordered from Currys also. Thanks for the tip offs. On order saying 5-7 days delivery.

I have an order with Gamestop but release date of 27/12/20. Anybody know the best method to cancel Gamestop preorder. I have no cancellation button, email or call them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Morckk

Got one series x on Currys :

Good luck

Thank you so much - just got one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

-maccer- wrote: »
    Just ordered from Currys also. Thanks for the tip offs. On order saying 5-7 days delivery.

I have an order with Gamestop but release date of 27/12/20. Anybody know the best method to cancel Gamestop preorder. I have no cancellation button, email or call them?

I was told to mail customer support.

V9 wrote: »
    I was told to mail customer support.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Reviews seem to be universally great, with the only real downside being the very, very predictable: No next gen games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭barneyrub

Just got one on currys for my son. Thanks all.
    Will wait til it's delivered before cancelling place in gamestop queue

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

https://kotaku.com/you-can-only-use-364gb-of-the-xbox-series-ss-512gb-stor-1845581232

Bit of a downer for the Series S - you can only use 364GB of storage. The new CoD is 120gb so you're going to be doing a lot of downloading and redownloading.

Good to help you focus on a few games I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

CatInABox wrote: »
    Reviews seem to be universally great, with the only real downside being the very, very predictable: No next gen games.

It's a valid criticism but they mean exclusives that people seem obsessed with.

It's not as if PS5 has a huge exclusive PS5 library.

WIth all new consoles you have to wait a while for good games to come out as developers get to grips with the console and when MS Studios exclusives start dropping on Game Pass next year it's going to be brilliant.

folks how do you get 3 years game pass for 100 euro as ive seen a few people mention?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

CatInABox wrote: »

Not having time to play many games I want has finally come up trumps! I've installed Gears 5 but haven't got much time for gaming lately, and the time I did have was recent enough that I said feic it, I'll wait until the Series X.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Cyrus wrote: »
    folks how do you get 3 years game pass for 100 euro as ive seen a few people mention?

You can see it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

https://kotaku.com/you-can-only-use-364gb-of-the-xbox-series-ss-512gb-stor-1845581232

Bit of a downer for the Series S - you can only use 364GB of storage. The new CoD is 120gb so you're going to be doing a lot of downloading and redownloading.

Cancelled an S and ordered an X on Currys - thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know is it possible to get the controller discount after your pre order? Kind of regretting not taking the discount now..

Potentially 3 games at a time is enough for me. This is how I play, anything that doesn't grab my attention gets uninstalled. I've stopped kidding myself that I'll come back to them later. And even if I do want to come back to it I just need to download it again, no big deal. It's worth the savings if large storage is not important to you. You can also play off an external SSD or use an mechanical external drive as an archive drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

Delighted... Got one too. Thanks for the heads up!

Now to get a new TV to go with it :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I saw a reviewer, GameSpot maybe, saying they had 7 games installed on the S. Four big and 3 smaller indie games which is more than I'd play at one time.
    Just my opinion but I think it's being slightly blown out of proportion when you can store stuff on an external harddrive.

Fair play for the curry's heads up. Ordered one there now

EDIT: seems they're gone again. Friend of mine tried to order one 5 min ago and they're not listed. I got lucky.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I saw a reviewer, GameSpot maybe, saying they had 7 games installed on the S. Four big and 3 smaller indie games which is more than I'd play at one time.
    Just my opinion but I think it's being slightly blown out of proportion when you can store stuff on an external harddrive.

I've seen and read a couple of reviews saying that you have to purchase the expandable drive for $220 and based on that you might as well get a Series X. It's unfortunate that they never bothered to explore the option of external storage as part of their reviews. They've had enough time to thoroughly research these consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Balls gone now and I've got my badnews mail from Gamestop. Delighted I paid in full like a tool now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mikew1985

I've seen and read a couple of reviews saying that you have to purchase the expandable drive for $220 and based on that you might as well get a Series X. It's unfortunate that they never bothered to explore the option of external storage as part of their reviews. They've had enough time to thoroughly research these consoles.

Yes, the option of an external drive certianly mitigates the argument that you might as well get an X and the poeple who are buying an S are not likely to be those very worried about storing 20 plus games.

I don't tihnk it's that they don't know these things it's just an easy logic leap to make in your head when looking at the prices without thinking too much about it. Somewhat amusingly really anyone who is reviewing a Series S is not the intended audience really.

bad news folks

just got a cancellation from currys :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

bad news folks

Me too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Currys just cancelled my X order made earlier today - not available for home delivery and not available for in store pickup.....

...so not available at all I guess.

I am dissapoint.

Snaga wrote: »
    Currys just cancelled my X order made earlier today - not available for home delivery and not available for in store pickup.....

...so not available at all I guess.

I am dissapoint.

Same here.

• Advertisement

bad news folks

Same. Jesus Christ.

Advertisement