Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

No it’s “virtual” apparently whatever that’s means but still “tickets” given out for interaction and the prizes I assume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

DvB wrote: »
    Wow, thats early (for an Irish channel anyway) was it on a UK channel? I only ask as sometimes they play it earlier than over here for some reason.

It was Sky Sports News, I checked the channel was totally surprised never seen it that early before

KittenK love the garland where is it from please?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SarahLil wrote: »

Home store and more.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's so lovely and full! :)

I can't wait to put mine up- got these Noma lights to go on it, so I'm hoping they will at least last a month or so!

XBnxcaN.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,842 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Next time somebody starts moaning about Christmas being to early. Compare them to this woman.
    https://twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1326860710006190080

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭kitten_k

As Lough says - Homestore and more but it is just a plain Garland and then we bought lights and decorations to make it pretty :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Next time somebody starts moaning about Christmas being to early. Compare them to this woman.
    https://twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1326860710006190080

The only song that weapon will be singing is Lonely This Christmas by Mud. :D

Anyway, my beer advent calendar was due to arive today but no sign of it. Something to look forward to tomorrow hopefully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,926 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »

I love the darts and the darts at Christmas but will it be The same with no fans :(

Loughc wrote: »
    I love the darts and the darts at Christmas but will it be The same with no fans :(

There working on having fans there

England are allowing limited spectators into sporting events when there lockdown is lifted

There working on having fans there

England are allowing limited spectators into sporting events when there lockdown is lifted

That would be brilliant if they can.

kitten_k wrote: »
    As Lough says - Homestore and more but it is just a plain Garland and then we bought lights and decorations to make it pretty :D

Thanks great job it’s fabulous

I can’t believe this time next week it’s going to be the 1st of December!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭DvB

And today is the eve of the final rudolph day of the year too.

Flying is an understatement.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

I'm flying on the 12th!!* the novelty of it all.

* sadly not back to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

I too got the ‘no more adult reindeer pyjamas’ email from Dunnes - ordered two different pairs but they only show one pic so don’t know if I’m getting one or none!

I can’t believe this time next week it’s going to be the 1st of December!

I can't believe this time next month is the best day of the year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    And today is the eve of the final rudolph day of the year too.

Flying is an understatement.

November has been on warp speed :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

This date next month is Christmas Eve. :D :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

I too got the ‘no more adult reindeer pyjamas’ email from Dunnes - ordered two different pairs but they only show one pic so don’t know if I’m getting one or none!

So annoying isn't it :( Whichever one the picture was of is the one out of stock so you should still get the other one.

TRS30 wrote: »
    November has been on warp speed :eek:

We had a November this year!! :eek:

We had a November this year!! :eek:

I know. It does seem like we went straight from Halloween to December!

eviltwin wrote: »
    This is the first year I've posted in this forum, I've always been a browser and enjoyed seeing all your posts. This year more than any I think I need some cheer and magic and this is the only forum on Boards where things are lovely and cosy and warm and no one fights or talks about depressing topics. Its like an instant good mood lift.

Excellent point from eviltwin.

I went through the other 2 chat threads, if you ever get some spare time, read the posts from 20/12 to 1st Jan for each year in the chat threads. The magic in those posts are something else.

You can feel the excitement just reach fever pitch, the out pouring of love and warmth when Christmas and the relaxing tones after the big day. It's just feel good fuel.

We are the Boards equivalent of happy pills :D

Another fun thing from looking through the old chat threads is, if you skip forward 10 pages in the old chat threads, in the earlier one you'd skip forward months at a time, now if you skip forward about 10 pages you'd barely move a week.

Shows just how busy we are this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

kitten_k wrote: »

Can I ask how do you secure it to the bannister? Would love to do this on my stairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Everything I looked at in Home Store and more was out of stock completely....I thought we had enough decorations but seeing as we only moved from an apt to a house two years ago OH announced we need more ......I thought he would say no, not suggest it.

I wonder are they holding stock back for when the reopen???

polydactyl wrote: »
    Everything I looked at in Home Store and more was out of stock completely....I thought we had enough decorations but seeing as we only moved from an apt to a house two years ago OH announced we need more ......I thought he would say no, not suggest it.

God I hope so I've a few things to pick up!

Is anyone else worried that people will take their trees down earlier after having them up earlier this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Is anyone else worried that people will take their trees down earlier after having them up earlier this year?

we always take ours down the weekend after we go back to school / the weekend after the 6th of january. not sure how much earlier you can take them down really!

we always take ours down the weekend after we go back to school / the weekend after the 6th of january. not sure how much earlier you can take them down really!

I've seen people take them down on the 26th Dec before! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

6th of January is Nollaig na mBan, that's a big part of Christmas for me. When it's over, a single decoration comes off the tree at midnight, all candles and tree lights off. All taken down on the 7th.

We tend to take ours down the day before we go back to work, so that'll be Sunday 3rd January most likely.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

then they're definitely not the people who have the trees up already :pac:

Should be illegal!!

then they're definitely not the people who have the trees up already :pac:

That's the odd thing, they put them up around the 1st of Nov and then take them down early as they're sick of them!
    TRS30 wrote: »
    Should be illegal!!

I completely agree!!

My neighbour who says she loves Christmas from August had her tree down on the 28th one year, I couldn't believe it

Anyone doing Black Friday shopping this week? What is on your list?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My neighbour who says she loves Christmas from August had her tree down on the 28th one year, I couldn't believe it

That's mad!

Plus, that's too much work for the 28th Dec. :pac:

Celebrations mcflurry and the double Big mac my Xmas fast food favourites

Wasant mad on the KFC gravy burger and the subway tiger pig (basically a hotdog)

Posy wrote: »
    That's mad!

Was just thinking that, the few days aftr Stephens day tend to be relaxing lazy days or (in the past anyway) days we'd organise meet ups in town with friends (usually my football or hockey mates) for a few beers. Not a chance would we entertain anything like the amount of work involved in taking down the tree & decorations.

Ours was always up first w/e Dec (now revised to the w/e of the toy show) until the day before we go back to work, and that is unlikely to change anytime soon.

Anyone doing Black Friday shopping this week? What is on your list?

EVERYTHING!

Posy wrote: »
    That's mad!

Too much work for sure
    I was like eh you cant like Christmas that much.... your not one of us :pac:

Decided to change over my desktop background today on the home pc, will be on site or WFH until Monday so will change the work one then too.
    As small a thing as it is it always gives me a little buzz.

• Advertisement

Celebrations mcflurry and the double Big mac my Xmas fast food favourites

Wasant mad on the KFC gravy burger and the subway tiger pig (basically a hotdog)

I had my first McDonalds this year last Thursday, it was disappointing chips were half full, we were really looking forward after seeing all the Ads on I'm a Celeb
    OH got the Double Big Mac he agreed chips were disappointing he enjoyed the burger though and said the McFlurry was nice
    I didnt take any chances on McFlurry with expecting a little one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭screamer

Last year ‘twas nearly Feb before we took the tree down, used to pull the curtains and turn it on for the kids at night. Who cares, it’s my house, my rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

polydactyl wrote: »

100%! I’ve “had” to collect some more lights this week and there was lots of decorations there that are showing online as out of stock. I know as I wanted more gold baubles and they were sold out since early November but they had boxes of them in the shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I love putting the trees up early but could take them down early too as once Stephen’s day is over I get tired of them! They do generally stay up til 6th January if we don’t have anything on. We were due to go to centre parcs on 04th but that’s not happened to so tree can stay up til 08th to compensate

We keep everything up until the 7th of January.
    I could never imagine not having the decorations up for The New Year/12 days of Christmas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement