Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy Friday Elves

The news during the week with all this non essential purchases and middle aisles closing etc left me feeling a bit meh!!

I have just came home from my mams now and that moon cheered me right up Wow it is just stunning, feels like there is something in the air...like Christmas is nearly here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭screamer

Was in the range today to get some essential bedding that we badly needed, well fellow elves if you want Christmas stuff it’s where you need to be. There were trees/ lights/ reindeer going flying out the door. I didn’t buy any myself as couldn’t carry it but if you need to get your festive feeling the range has it!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder when will the trees/lights etc start going up around the cities/towns

Winterval in Waterford a shadow of itself due to these bloody restrictions :mad::(

Remember was in Manchester the first week of November last year and the markets/lights etc were all setup and working

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The Christmas lights were up this morning on Talbot Street in Dublin. :D

SarahLil wrote: »
    I have just came home from my mams now and that moon cheered me right up Wow it is just stunning, feels like there is something in the air...like Christmas is nearly here
    It is amazing, isn't it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Saw a house with a flashing LED lit bow-thingy (not a wreath) on their door today. Wouldn't do it this early myself, but got to admire the dedication

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

L1011 wrote: »
    Saw a house with a flashing LED lit bow-thingy (not a wreath) on their door today. Wouldn't do it this early myself, but got to admire the dedication

Was the bow Christmassy or Halloween style? I’ve been caught out a couple of times this year. Especially with all the LED decorations.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Love the Baileys Christmas ad on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Loughc wrote: »
    Was the bow Christmassy or Halloween style? I’ve been caught out a couple of times this year. Especially with all the LED decorations.

Definitely Christmassy. Red/Yellow/Blue lighting as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,428 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Dq2hy9jUUAAkWPL?format=jpg&name=large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Dq2hy9jUUAAkWPL?format=jpg&name=large

Happy Halloween indeed now feck off till we bring on November lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Or as I like to call it, Christmas adverts eve.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yes yes happy Halloween to the most unnecessary road block to Christmas made even more unnecessary thanks to Covid. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,458 ✭✭✭Heroditas

13 hours to go and there are no roadblocks to putting on the Christmas playlists.
    The kids were asking me this morning "it's ok to sing Jingle Bells from tomorrow, isn't it?"
    "It sure is" I replied :D

Oooh I can't wait until tomorrow!

The Christmas songs are coming on and I'm gonna add a few little decorations here and there!!

I bought a Christmas present this week and I plan to buy a lot more next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Can’t wait guys, my little baby bump will be soaking up all this Christmassy atmosphere through me

Love that Batgurl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Last year, I spent what felt like hours, peeling the sellotape from all the Christmas wrapping paper so that it could be recycled. Has anyone seen any recyclable tape that could be used instead? I saw some lovely recyclable wrapping paper on the Dunnes website, but like most things, it is now out of stock.

pigtail33 wrote: »
    Last year, I spent what felt like hours, peeling the sellotape from all the Christmas wrapping paper so that it could be recycled. Has anyone seen any recyclable tape that could be used instead? I saw some lovely recyclable wrapping paper on the Dunnes website, but like most things, it is now out of stock.

I don’t know where you are based but they had the recycled paper in the grocery department in Charlestown shopping centre maybe try your local Dunnes

Doing a big clean at home today almost feels like it’s the big Christmas clean

• Advertisement

Watching the GAA championship on Halloween is just weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DvB

SarahLil wrote: »
    Doing a big clean at home today almost feels like it’s the big Christmas clean

Doing the same. We'll have another one before the tree and decorations go up though. The amount of rubbish generated is unreal.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Batgurl wrote: »

I thought, what's Tina Turner doing there?

Have a Happy Halloween everyone wishing everyone a safe evening x

Happy Halloween, everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

I was passing through the music channels earlier and ‘Driving Home For Christmas’ was playing.

I allowed myself to listen for a minute or so, because I would’ve lost the run of myself and left the music on for the day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lights starting too go up in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 9,458 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Had a brilliant day with the kids. They thoroughly enjoyed Halloween.
    Ruined the day by watching the Ireland match but now watching Strictly with a few beers and only 57 minutes to go until the start of Christmas.
    Choo choo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Spool tempted to put the Halloween decorations in the attic and take the Xmas ones out tomorrow. Is any one else putting their trees up??? Please help a girl out so she doesn't feel like a lone crazy person 😬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I'd love to but I'd honestly be sick of them by Christmas. The week of the toy show for me

Advertisement