Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Pistachio19

I watched Christmas Harmony earlier on Channel 5 - pure cheesy but nice to chill out. The one after it was A Christmas to Remember - seems no length since I watched that last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭matchthis

Did anyone get this set of lights before? Curious about the word 'compact' https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/christmas-tree-lights/500-warm-white-led-star-bright-compact-lights/097827.html

Did anyone do activities advent? I have a list of activities ready and planned on picking up one of those wooden advents due in Aldi today but as we know those won't be on sale now

It looks like the gaps between the lights is about 2 inches, normally would be double that. Going be the pic and zoomed in

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’ve seen 3 Christmas trees on my regular IG timeline today. I really think people are going to decorate earlier this year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Feck it, back from Dunnes (where some of the clothing section was open BTW)....bought some iced Christmas cake - will demolish most of it tonight lol

As is tradition in our house, we made pigs of ourselves this Halloween weekend :D

When I brought down the Halloween decorations from the attic during the week, I also brought down the cards and wrapping paper for Christmas. It was really weird wrapping the gifts while listening to my Halloween playlist on spotify :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

123585974_3606216469440925_328557846323904197_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=2&_nc_sid=e3f864&_nc_ohc=75ju7IpJTqwAX_QcZud&_nc_oc=AQkkJ5iJ2PYo_vTc1puf92ofkvCzagRTgX3K6ewNTOQYh2q7GoG-vFpJchCBYRjxo98&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=ee79e9163fa7a492459b0b775c433324&oe=5FC5023D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The first of the music channels has changed over to fully Christmas music now. That's always a major progress point for me, Food Networks slow introduction of the cooking shows is the one I actually watch though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭DvB

L1011 wrote: »
    The first of the music channels has changed over to fully Christmas music now. That's always a major progress point for me, Food Networks slow introduction of the cooking shows is the one I actually watch though

Trace xmas has been on sky since oct 1st. Assume that's not on VM though?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »

You assume correctly :(

Loughc wrote: »
    I’ve seen 3 Christmas trees on my regular IG timeline today. I really think people are going to decorate earlier this year.

Up to 5 trees now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Oh dear - if it looks to good to be true then it most likely is. At €60 however, I'd have expected it to be a bit better than the crap that arrived :eek:

£60 as well, even worse than €60

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I missed that, because I've deleted all the Trace channels as they're normally ultra-awful... first of the mainstream music channels then! (The Box)

The Food Network Novembermas seems to be about three hours a day from tomorrow; spread across the schedule. Was quite enjoying the ancient Nigel Slater series they had on which is finishing tonight so that'll be a fine replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Jude13

I eventually got to downloading the merry britmas podcast, the Step into Christmas episode. Still too Christamssy for me this early. I am conscious that we will be cooped up this year so don't want to overload too soon. We obviously are not flying home for Christmas so that means I can't use the mental excuse that Christmas music and decorating starts a month before we fly.

I put together the Christmas movie list for our house. We cut them up and put them in a big wooden advent calendar. We still have some unwatched in there from last year. I have too many so will have to start soon. Some days have more than 1 as they are short and the number beside them is the hierarchy of Christmasyness in our house.

17-Nov-19 42 Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale
    18-Nov-19 41 Black Christmas
    19-Nov-19 40 Better Watch Out
    20-Nov-19 39 Krampus
    21-Nov-19 38 Bad Santa
    22-Nov-19 37 Batman returns – Expat
    23-Nov-19 36 The Family Man
    24-Nov-19 35 In Bruges – ITunes
    25-Nov-19 34 Trading Places – iTunes
    26-Nov-19 33 I’ll be home for Christmas – HD
    27-Nov-19 32 Four Christmas’s - HD
    28-Nov-19 31 Deck the Halls - ?
    29-Nov-19 30 Polar Express - HD
    30-Nov-19 29 Joyeux Noël (''Merry Christmas'')
    01-Dec-19 28 Kurt Doulas Christmas series – Netflix
    02-Dec-19 27 Christmas with the Kranks –
    03-Dec-19 26 The Holiday - HD
    04-Dec-19 25 The Nativity 1 & 2
    05-Dec-19 24 Santa Clause 1 - Expat
    06-Dec-19 23 Un conte de Noël
    07-Dec-19 22 Santa Clause 2 - Expat
    08-Dec-19 21 Scrooged – Itunes and Netflix
    09-Dec-19 20 Holiday Inn & White Christmas - ?
    10-Dec-19 19 Santa Clause the Movie - ?
    11-Dec-19 18,17,16 The Grinch Animated version & Father Christmas (Animated) & The Snowman
    12-Dec-20 15 A Miracle on 34th Street - DVD
    13-Dec-20 14 Love Actually – ITunes
    14-Dec-20 13 A Muppet Christmas Carol -
    15-Dec-20 12 It’s a Wonderful Life
    16-Dec-20 11 Die Hard 1
    17-Dec-20 10 Klaus
    18-Dec-20 9 Die Hard 2
    19-Dec-20 8 Harold and Kumar - iTunes
    20-Dec-20 7 Meet Me in St. Louis
    21-Dec-20 6 Elf – HD
    22-Dec-20 5 Christmas vacation – iTunes
    23-Dec-20 4 Home Alone 1 – DVD & HD
    24-Dec-20 3 Home Alone 2 – Expat & HD
    25-Dec-20 1&2 Extras Christmas special – HD & Gavin and Stacey – HD

That's some list Jude, deffo stealing that.

The wife wants to do something similar but starting 1st Dec.

After taking Mid-Term off I will have a few days of catch up in work so my time on here will be limited, I didn't have the fear at all last night as I'm just so happy to be in November and know we are on the home stretch to Christmas, it really helps focuses having something to look forward to.

Cheers, you are more than welcome to it. I am sure I have missed some so please let me know. Though some are off the list purposely, nightmare before Christmas, Arthur Christmas, and others as we are not fond of them.

I just realised that I left in 'HD' and 'Expat', ha. HD means I have them on hard drive, expat is our tv service.

That's some list Jude, deffo stealing that.

The wife wants to do something similar but starting 1st Dec.

After taking Mid-Term off I will have a few days of catch up in work so my time on here will be limited, I didn't have the fear at all last night as I'm just so happy to be in November and know we are on the home stretch to Christmas, it really helps focuses having something to look forward to.

I felt like I missed loads on here last week as browsing the odd time through my phone is never quite the same. Have a couple of days WFH this week so may be contributing a bit more this week myself.

Off on Friday again though, I have so much leave left I'm taking every second Friday off between now & Dec 17th (finishing up on that day) but I'll still be up to take the kids to school & keep the weekly countdown motoring!

We watched The nightmare before christmas yesterday to get our movie tradition back on track so it'll be onto our usual run in to christmas of family movies now, though that list will be nowhere near as extensive as Judes there, not a chance would we have the time to watch all them.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Jude13 wrote: »
    Cheers, you are more than welcome to it. I am sure I have missed some so please let me know. Though some are off the list purposely, nightmare before Christmas, Arthur Christmas, and others as we are not fond of them.

I just realised that I left in 'HD' and 'Expat', ha. HD means I have them on hard drive, expat is our tv service.

Did I miss National Lampoons? Skimmed the list a couple of times and don't think I saw it.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Did I miss National Lampoons? Skimmed the list a couple of times and don't think I saw it.

I seen it on the list!

I seen it on the list!

My bad was looking for the word 'Lampoons'.

The flipping panic you caused me there TRS30

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    The flipping panic you caused me there TRS30

Sorry Jude, should have skimmed harder :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

22nd of Dec I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Plus as I have the now ex's christmas present which included a big lego set I might make that myself :p
    Aisling, onwards and upwards ! Keep the Lego and enjoy it !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Finally managed to finish reading this thread! Don't know why I hadn't been on in ageeeesss! :D I guess having elves kept me away! So lovely reading posts from familiar names!
    Welcome back xDisneyDivax !

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Pistachio19

Our family favourite. Have watched it with older 2 for the past few years. Might even let youngest sit up to watch it this year. When the others were young I cringed at the part where Clark is discussing Santa presents. Now that they are older I cringe at the part where the sales assistant is in the pool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just saw my first Christmas ad :) It was for Celebrations sweets...now I want a tub of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

otnomart wrote: »
    Aisling, onwards and upwards ! Keep the Lego and enjoy it !

Thanks I haven't figured out what to do with the rest of his present.T-shirts and a jaws board game. Probably off to the charity shop once they reopen.

The presents I'd gotten for his Mam I can easily repurpose.He has a skin care set for me that I know is hidden in his bedroom so hope he has the cop on to give it to his sister!

Breakups are hard,particularly this one because for me it came out of nowhere and no one likes to be alone at Christmas.

I'm hoping that the festive feeling will kick in . It'll be hard watching all the christmas romance but it'll probably help. Onwards and upwards as you say:D

It'll be hard watching all the christmas romance but it'll probably help. Onwards and upwards as you say:D

Whatever you do don't watch that film 'Last Christmas'

Not that its romantic content will be upsetting, purely because its absolute sh*te:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Whatever you do don't watch that film 'Last Christmas'

Not that its romantic content will be upsetting, purely because its absolute sh*te:D

I only watched the trailer for it last year and had copped the twist!:P
    Though I will watch many of the new netflix ones which are just as likely to be cat.

• Advertisement

Breakups are hard,particularly this one because for me it came out of nowhere and no one likes to be alone at Christmas.

I'm hoping that the festive feeling will kick in . It'll be hard watching all the christmas romance but it'll probably help. Onwards and upwards as you say:D

I know it's a cliché but time heals all wounds.

And trust me you're never alone, especially at Christmas, you have your family, friends and all of us here to be there for you :)

Trust me I know what I'm talking about I once got dumped... on my birthday... a week before Christmas.... :o

And I still had great fun that Christmas time and a very lucky escape if you ask me :P

You have lots of time before Christmas, focus on yourself. Try to do things you like to do that your ex may not have been a fan of, spend time working on yourself and what YOU enjoy doing, be that going for a walk, reading more, going a jigsaw puzzle, binge watching boxsets, etc.

Advertisement