Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

IT'S NOVEMBER. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Just watched the Family guy Christmas special for the second time this week (too lazy to change the channel) and all of a sudden it's November!! And more fireworks have started going off :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'd love to but I'd honestly be sick of them by Christmas. The week of the toy show for me

The day of the toy show for me.

Caranica wrote: »
    And more fireworks have started going off :mad:

The fireworks have my poor dog tormented!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Spool tempted to put the Halloween decorations in the attic and take the Xmas ones out tomorrow. Is any one else putting their trees up??? Please help a girl out so she doesn't feel like a lone crazy person 😬

If you want to decorate early my advice would be to decorate rooms you normally wouldn’t decorate and add to it each week.

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    IT'S NOVEMBER. :D

https://tenor.com/uvCi.gif

uvCi.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,458 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Bring.
    It.
    On.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Great to get that evening out of the way, dog barked the house down for a few hours there :)

Also love the fact that November is a 30 day month, makes it that little bit shorter.

Have had a few beers so I'm going to stick my neck out and say HAPPY CHRISTMAS 2020 to all! ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Spool tempted to put the Halloween decorations in the attic and take the Xmas ones out tomorrow. Is any one else putting their trees up??? Please help a girl out so she doesn't feel like a lone crazy person 😬

We will decorate the Saturday before the toy show, can’t wait

• Registered Users Posts: 30,428 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

45174521_10157196315626320_1065142414710145024_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=GjiiQ5-6MDcAX8bVeIB&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&oh=2c1c37521999fa5d8993d03fd042c6e6&oe=5FC40260

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭matchthis

Christmas next month:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Jude13

We went to a big mall here and found a new Christmas shop, we got a nice train hanging ornament and two massive bows which I will put on the back doors.*

Halloween here was tame. We had it in our neighbors as my OH works with the wife and our kids spend each day together, our little bubble. We then had kids from my OH class who live in the area trick or treat with their folks. It was a bit of fun though very few people out and about.

It's great to see the board so busy. I am a bit of bah humbug at the moment so tried to cheer myself up listening to a Christmas podcast at 5:30 on the way to the gym. Need another one, merry britmas doesn't work on podcast republic which is a pain.

I got my OH audible membership for 12 months. I think I have everything but stocking fillers. My eldest daughter is the hardest though, between 'stuff' and clothes its a tough one.

*what is the best site to post pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Finally managed to finish reading this thread! Don't know why I hadn't been on in ageeeesss! :D I guess having elves kept me away! So lovely reading posts from familiar names! Congrats LilSarah & Screamer! I'm quite excited about this Christmas because it'll be one our wee man will understand a bit better and we're finally getting to stay at home for it as well! I had a practice run making the dinner last week and it turned out pretty well. Although I may have cheated slightly using turkey breast instead of whole turkey :P

I got Santa sorted pretty early which I don't know if is a good idea because I just keep adding to it!lol

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Delighted Christmas is next month. I've adjusted to level 5 and feel ill enjoy Christmas. Looking back I don't think I enjoyed July enough when the numbers were so low. Love all the Christmas stuff coming online. Can't wait to see the stock in shops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy 1st of November Elves
    Virgin tv channel 710 playing Christmas music :) I didn't fully listen just turned it on and turned it back off :D eek the excitement

SarahLil wrote: »
    Happy 1st of November Elves
    Virgin tv channel 710 playing Christmas music :) I didn't fully listen just turned it on and turned it back off :D eek the excitement

About time! :D

The wife and myself were only talking about this yesterday how poor the range of channels are with VM . A few music channels and only a poxy two movie channels.

I know Sky have better tv but I swore a couple of years ago that I would never give them a penny of my money again, will be looking at other options.

About time! :D

The wife and myself were only talking about this yesterday how poor the range of channels are with VM . A few music channels and only a poxy two movie channels.

I know Sky have better tv but I swore a couple of years ago that I would never give them a penny of my money again, will be looking at other options.

We are too are very unhappy with them, my second box was on the blink I got a further faulty box, then the final box needed an engineer, it was the wiring.. loads of phone calls trouble shooting, on chat to virgin media trouble shooting too then waiting home for all the deliveries.. they were so frustrating to deal with

SarahLil wrote: »
    We are too are very unhappy with them, my second box was on the blink I got a further faulty box, then the final box needed an engineer, it was the wiring.. loads of phone calls trouble shooting, on chat to virgin media trouble shooting too then waiting home for all the deliveries.. they were so frustrating to deal with

Yes, we are on our second box as well. In the last couple of weeks the remote has broke, you can only go down through the channels, the up button no longer works.
    The way they started showing the Sony Christmas movies channel for about a week and then just stopped it with no explanation was really lousy as well.

Yes, we are on our second box as well. In the last couple of weeks the remote has broke, you can only go down through the channels, the up button no longer works.
    The way they started showing the Sony Christmas movies channel for about a week and then just stopped it with no explanation was really lousy as well.

I know I managed to record movie one then the channel disappeared

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

One of the sky cinema channels will be changing to sky Christmas next Friday judging by the tv guide.

• Advertisement

Did anyone get this set of lights before? Curious about the word 'compact' https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/christmas-tree-lights/500-warm-white-led-star-bright-compact-lights/097827.html

Did anyone do activities advent? I have a list of activities ready and planned on picking up one of those wooden advents due in Aldi today but as we know those won't be on sale now

That was extremely bad form. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Laughed at this. Shows you have to be careful who you order from online. In general if you see it on Facebook do not buy!

'Be careful' - Belfast man orders 6ft Christmas tree online but shocked to see what arrived

https://www.independent.ie/videos/be-careful-belfast-man-orders-6ft-christmas-tree-online-but-shocked-to-see-what-arrived-39692869.html

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Pistachio19

Caranica wrote: »
    Laughed at this. Shows you have to be careful who you order from online. In general if you see it on Facebook do not buy!

'Be careful' - Belfast man orders 6ft Christmas tree online but shocked to see what arrived

https://www.independent.ie/videos/be-careful-belfast-man-orders-6ft-christmas-tree-online-but-shocked-to-see-what-arrived-39692869.html

Oh dear - if it looks to good to be true then it most likely is. At €60 however, I'd have expected it to be a bit better than the crap that arrived :eek:

Finally managed to finish reading this thread! Don't know why I hadn't been on in gageeeesss! :D I guess having elves kept me away! So lovely reading posts from familiar names! Congrats LilSarah & Screamer! I'm quite excited about this Christmas because it'll be one our wee man will understand a bit better and we're finally getting to stay at home for it as well! I had a practice run making the dinner last week and it turned out pretty well. Although I may have cheated slightly using turkey breast instead of whole turkey :P

I got Santa sorted pretty early which I don't know if is a good idea because I just keep adding to it!lol

Thanks DisneyDiva
    Wow exciting times with your little guy

I have just noticed OH got tray of Coke Zero with the weekly shop Santa is on it :D
    The 24 cans were 10 euro in Dunnes

seen online Tesco doing 5 minerals for 5 euro 7up, 7up Free, Pepsi from what I can see, they look like large bottles

This morning I connected my phone to the kitchen speakers and burst in the door wearing my most outrageous Christmas jumper to the sound of 'All I want for Christmas is You' .

I threw out my arms and announced "it's November bitches!"

Nobody laughed. Tough crowd.

Anyway I'm back in 'normal' clothes but I'm listening to a Christmas mix (on headphones) while I do some cleaning.

Happy November everyone!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Whilst our search for a tall tree continues, a bit hard under lockdowm have found this for the hallway, os on stock in stock for Tuesday. Might take a punt on it given the price.

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&searchTerms=8489520&authToken=-1002%252CTb6zd56kFOpztp1WPmC9rktuDxQ%253D

Seen an ad on Tv novembermas will be on Channel food network this month I love Christmas cookery shows

• Advertisement

Put on nightmare before Christmas to see if I could get into it as I never liked it but it just wasn't happening so now we're watching Santa Clause instead :D

Advertisement