Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Marty Whelan & George Hamilton on Lyric. Nice enough people but Marty, in particular, ruins an early morning by just chirping his way through the show and George doesn't seem to have an indoor voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Feeling a bit icky today but I was enjoying my dinner until the 7yr old started talking about maggots eating dead animals :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

New Home wrote: »
    Tell them. If they then tell you to keep it, it's yours, and if not you'll avoid fines, penalties, etc, and your conscience will be clear.
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    Could you afford pay them back if you spent it now they came looking for it in a few weeks or months? If yes, say nothing and treat it as a loan, if no, let them know, and you never know, karma may reward you.
    When I was a poor graduate on the dole I got too much money one week and went back in to tell the woman behind the counter in the post office. She said that as I had been paid in cash there was no way to trace it so no one would have been able to trace it so she gave me 3 scratch cards to thank me for my honesty and I won 20 quid on one and 50 quid on the other!

Well, I’m thinking if I do keep it, I’m gonna put it in my savings, that way if they do come looking, it’ll still be there. But if I do spend it and they come looking, I’d probably still be able to afford to pay it back.

@poochie, that’s amazing, that’s some luck!

I dunno though, I’m so confused over the whole thing. Damn you, moral compass :pac::p

You know you're spending far too much time in front of a touchscreen laptop when you're driving home and you put your fingers up to the rearview mirror to zoom in on what's happening in the lane 100 metres behind you...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Kitty6277 wrote:
    I dunno though, I’m so confused over the whole thing. Damn you, moral compass

It's not yours. Give it back and sleep easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Also: restless legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Ryan tubridy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Assholes who leave their trolley at a checkout and fcuk off to do more shopping.

Just as bad as the fcuktards who parks at the entrance to the car wash and then goes to get a car wash ticket.

Fcuking prick cnuts

I was asked did I want a cup of coffee earlier. I said no thanks, I've had a couple already, the one while I was out was really strong and I think I will just stick to water for a while. Apparently all that was necessary was a no, and not my life story. TA I talk too much it seems, lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I was asked did I want a cup of coffee earlier. I said no thanks, I've had a couple already, the one while I was out was really strong and I think I will just stick to water for a while. Apparently all that was necessary was a no, and not my life story. TA I talk too much it seems, lol :)

Quiet Rubberlegs! FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The housemates room bulb must have failed as they took the bulb from the bathroom and left a poxy 9 watt bulb as replacement as if that was good enough, it's not !

I don't even know why they manufacture 9 watt bulbs. You can barely see anything. Maybe they are for seedy stripclubs but they are definitely not for bathrooms

Anyway, TA'd at thieving housemates

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

People who proceed to the ticket machine in the train station, and despite the big long queues, don't look for their ticket number until they get to the machine and then fumble for a few minutes as the queue gets even longer behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Putting your earphones dow,pick them back up and they are in knots.How did that happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

People who walk their dogs like it's a chore and won't let the doggies stop and have a sniff or greet other dogs. I was in the park with my too (off lead). They saw another dog and ran over to say hello. The other dog was delighted and was trying to sniff them but the owner just kept pulling him/her along :( Her dog wasn't in any danger or anything. They all just wanted to have a quick chat but she was having none of it.

Yes she might have been in a rush or something so she should be given the benefit of the doubt but this isn't a one off. Most owners are quite happy to stop for 30 seconds to let the dogs interact, we humans have a brief chat about our dogs and then move on. But there are some people who only let their dog stop to pee and that's it :(

Let the poor doggies enjoy their walk and live a little!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,833 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I opened this thread to post my TA and now I can't remember what it was :o

New TA - forgetfulness :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The other day, it was almost dark when I noticed a car approaching from the opposite direction. It was motoring school car..without lights switched on.
    Now call me old fashioned, but I would have assumed one of the fundamentals was ensuring you are visible to other road users...

On the cover of last month's True Detective the triple killer Brendan O' Donnell is called The Border Fox but that was Dessie O'Hare.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,301 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Incorrect dishwasher loading grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Incorrect dishwasher loading grrrr

And with food still stuck to things!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Inconsiderate prícks at work.

• Advertisement

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Inconsiderate prícks at work.

That's true of every workplace :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,075 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Every time I open Google news to have a read all I see is
    Vogue Williams says this , Vogue Williams says that , Vogue Williams want another baby , Vogue Williams wants to pee . ..................Go away woman and look after your child and leave us alone

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Vogue Williams says this , Vogue Williams says that , Vogue Williams want another baby , Vogue Williams wants to pee . ..................Go away woman and look after your child and leave us alone

Who is this Vogue Williams you speak of?

I've never heard of her :p

RMAOK wrote: »
    Who is this Vogue Williams you speak of?

I've never heard of her :p

Lucky you :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

iamwhoiam wrote: »

New just in "Vogue Williams wants too go to China too adopt a load of kids" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

TA at the hate for Vogue Williams... she's a good looking woman who does well on travel programs and magazine interviews...she's not looking to challenge Michael D for the presidency ..she's not applying for a directorship at CERN... she's a pleasant face on disposable programs ... everyone has the ability to change channel or switch off

• Registered Users Posts: 22,244 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I actually like Vogue Williams :)

My TA is YouTube keeps freezing on me

TA at the hate for Vogue Williams... she's a good looking woman who does well on travel programs and magazine interviews...she's not looking to challenge Michael D for the presidency ..she's not applying for a directorship at CERN... she's a pleasant face on disposable programs ... everyone has the ability to change channel or switch off

This is a TA thread . We all have our own irritants

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

People who are too unpredictable and irrational.
    A little is nice, but not too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The washing line broke, my lovely sheets crumpled in a heap :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement