Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PhoenixRoyal

think you're about right with 3 weeks.
    I believe at least one house finished their snag last Thursday and got Keys today ! .
    In fairness to Ballymore they got nearly everything on our list closed in just over a week , just a couple of touches left now .

Was their anything serious on your Snag ?
    closed in just over a week sounds really nice. it's been 3 weeks for us. mostly down to floors and windows.

to all who've completed their snag and moved in, how clean was the house when you moved in? all bathrooms/toilets? all surfaces?... if you could reply or PM, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    same here please

+ 1 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

to all who've completed their snag and moved in, how clean was the house when you moved in? all bathrooms/toilets? all surfaces?... if you could reply or PM, thanks!

Pretty filthy. They are meant to clean the outsides windows though.

Manion wrote: »
    Pretty filthy. They are meant to clean the outsides windows though.

I thought I had seen some guys around with gloves on which I had assumed were a cleaning company... wrong assumption I guess, it is pretty filthy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 IvanPogi25

Anyone who can recommend someone to do the snag please PM me? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Ours wasn't "filthy", it was just very dusty. Its a new build, and all concrete & wood floors are exposed, so i expected a lot of dust. It needed a good wipe down with a wet cloth.

Didn't matter really as if getting tile or wood floors raises a lot of dust so it would have needed a good clean anyway, and even then, all the dust wont have properly settled and been cleaned for a few weeks/months.

As long as there are no dirty handprints on the painted walls or piles of rubbish and muck lying about, dont let a bit of dust get to you.

Ours wasn't "filthy", it was just very dusty. Its a new build, and all concrete & wood floors are exposed, so i expected a lot of dust. It needed a good wipe down with a wet cloth.

Didn't matter really as if getting tile or wood floors raises a lot of dust so it would have needed a good clean anyway, and even then, all the dust wont have properly settled and been cleaned for a few weeks/months.

As long as there are no dirty handprints on the painted walls or piles of rubbish and muck lying about, dont let a bit of dust get to you.

Appreciate your input, dust, I can understand. Dirty sanitary/toilets on the other hand,that's not normal. A minimum level of hygiene standard is expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Danny87

same here please

Jason in Ballymore mentioned to us that Fitzgerald Kitchens made it for the show house. Cost is approx €4k :confused:

Danny87 wrote: »
    Jason in Ballymore mentioned to us that Fitzgerald Kitchens made it for the show house. Cost is approx €4k :confused:

4k was the quote I was given by Ballymore also. I dont think they want to do it, so they put a silly price on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Danny87

4k was the quote I was given by Ballymore also. I dont think they want to do it, so they put a silly price on it.

Sherry Fitz actually told us it was €1k but don't get me started with them ! Id say go direct to Fitzgerald's but id imagine they would quote same , there is bit of work in it in fairness as it is a feature unit with lights and integrated sockets etc. You'd want to be getting solid oak for that price though:eek:

Sherry Fitz actually told us it was €1k but don't get me started with them ! Id say go direct to Fitzgerald's but id imagine they would quote same , there is bit of work in it in fairness as it is a feature unit with lights and integrated sockets etc. You'd want to be getting solid oak for that price though:eek:

for the finish and quality, 1k seems like a good price to me, i may even have thought it acceptable value at 1200.

Are you referring to the media wall in the tv room? I asked the Kitchen company about this in August. The cost is €2,900 w/o lights and €3,600 with lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Update to this, Fiber (80 Megabit) is available.
    Eir have a pretty convoluted process however and their sales team dont seem to know how it works:

1. Ring up and ask for a connection. They will send a guy out to connect a phone line.

2. they will run a test and find this only gives about 8 Megabit. You have to place an order for broadband based on this.

3. About 48 hours after ordering, ring them back up and their system will tell you that fiber is available and they will arrange a guy to come out and install fiber.

If you ring back after 48 hours and the fiber option is not available, you are in an area with no fiber and can stick with the 8 Megabit or cancel within 14 days.

Its quite a ridiculous ordering process, but once you get an eir rep that understands how it works, it can be sorted.

Is it best to go through OpenEir directly or with another provider like Vodafone or even Eir for your broadband and let them chase up getting the new line?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IrishGirl12

Hi guys. Just noticed some on the windows on the houses still under construction on royal canal avenue have windows boarded up. And a window appears to have been smashed on a house on the Rathoath road. Don't suppose anyone has heard anything about this or noticed it ? Am hoping there was an issue with windows and they weren't smashed on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Keithchap wrote: »
    Is it best to go through OpenEir directly or with another provider like Vodafone or even Eir for your broadband and let them chase up getting the new line?

OpenEir are wholesale service providers, you can't buy direct from them.
    Eir, Sky, Vodafone etc are who you order from.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Has anyone been through the HTB process with Ballymore? How did it pan out in thee last week or two before closing?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ken c

Hi,

We are buying a Heron and we are likely to snag before year end, would anyone have any recommendations for a good snagger?

Also, we are thinking about going for Engineered wood for the downstairs flooring. Has anyone else done this? If anyone had any recommendations for someone to fit flooring it'd be appreciated.

Thanks
    Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Hi guys. Just noticed some on the windows on the houses still under construction on royal canal avenue have windows boarded up. And a window appears to have been smashed on a house on the Rathoath road. Don't suppose anyone has heard anything about this or noticed it ? Am hoping there was an issue with windows and they weren't smashed on purpose.

The ones on the canal appear to be boarded up because of ground works being carried out in front so as not to accidentally break windows.

I think there was a broken window in those houses facing canal at one stage, but there's no way to know if it was an accident or a vandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I've noticed an increase in anti social behavior in the past while. Graffiti, smashed glass and people flying around on those small motorbikes.

• Advertisement

The ones on the canal appear to be boarded up because of ground works being carried out in front so as not to accidentally break windows.

I think there was a broken window in those houses facing canal at one stage, but there's no way to know if it was an accident or a vandal.

Thanks. Thats great to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FSMPastafarian

Thanks. Thats great to hear.

There has been vandalism on the site recently, building sites attract trouble. The Gardai had to be called to the site over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

There has been vandalism on the site recently, building sites attract trouble. The Gardai had to be called to the site over the weekend.

People need to go into this with their eyes wide open. You are two minutes from Finglas and two minutes from Cara.

Keithchap wrote: »
    Has anyone been through the HTB process with Ballymore? How did it pan out in thee last week or two before closing?
    In our case, we have completed the HTB process in April soon after we signed our contract with Ballymore. We also confirmed with Ballymore that the tax rebate was received successfully and they did. It was a quick process. After they verified our claim, the money was paid to Ballymore in 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 elTenedor

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    People need to go into this with their eyes wide open. You are two minutes from Finglas and two minutes from Cara.

What does that even mean? Anyone buying in the area would be considered very foolish if they weren't aware that Finglas and Cabra are nearby. You are also assuming that the vandals originate from these areas too

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aesa

Has anyone in a Heron got a shelving unit similar to the show house built? If so, can you please PM me the details of your recommendations. Thanks
    same here please
    cronos wrote: »
    + 1 for me
    IvanPogi25 wrote: »
    Are you referring to the media wall in the tv room? I asked the Kitchen company about this in August. The cost is €2,900 w/o lights and €3,600 with lights.

We had a wall of shelving put into the snug. Quite different to show houses in that it is a simple painted finish and it incorporates a built-in desk. We didn't add lighting but carpenter was able to add an additional socket at desk level. Cost €700. PM me for a photo and carpenter's details.

I got a quote for home insurance of €275 (with flood cover) which is lower than the previous post here. If you are interested to know the provider, just PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

aesa wrote: »
    We had a wall of shelving put into the snug. Quite different to show houses in that it is a simple painted finish and it incorporates a built-in desk. We didn't add lighting but carpenter was able to add an additional socket at desk level. Cost €700. PM me for a photo and carpenter's details.

I'm interested. I sent you a PM but just incase you didn't see it. Please PM me.

One of the guys on site confirmed for me today that the windows were boarded for work purposes ;0

• Advertisement

cronos wrote: »
    I'm interested. I sent you a PM but just incase you didn't see it. Please PM me.
    I also sent you a PM, maybe you haven't seen it. I'm patiently waiting. :) Thanks!

Advertisement