Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bluemc

Just an Aldi as far as I know. There are two small retail units on the corner of bridge avenue beside the apartments, no word on what's going in there yet but it won't be a Lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gloria6232

Hi, does anyone know if the Heron houses are prewired for alarms or if the house alarms have to be wireless? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

gloria6232 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know if the Heron houses are prewired for alarms or if the house alarms have to be wireless? Thanks

The Heron's are wired. I believe all house types are.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

cronos wrote: »
    The Heron's are wired. I believe all house types are.

Are there any internal wires for motion sensors?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jjps

Keithchap wrote: »
    Are there any internal wires for motion sensors?

I remember reading here that some of the previous herons had one at least (over the main door), however I got a straight “No there is no motion sensors wired up or down stairs“ today from the electrician directly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

bluemc wrote: »
    Just an Aldi as far as I know. There are two small retail units on the corner of bridge avenue beside the apartments, no word on what's going in there yet but it won't be a Lidl

Great. It'll be a welcome addition. Supervalu isn't great and is often wildly overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 andreionut

jjps wrote: »
    I remember reading here that some of the previous herons had one at least (over the main door), however I got a straight “No there is no motion sensors wired up or down stairs“ today from the electrician directly

Maybe that changed in the newer herons but we have a wired alarm and have a motion sensor at the ground floor just above the main door.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 a523504

Where will Aldi be located? I assume the large commercial unit in the plans? How do people feel about this? Does anyone have a representation of how the commercial unit fits with the houses? For me, I would not like to be looking out at an Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

;)
    a523504 wrote: »
    Where will Aldi be located? I assume the large commercial unit in the plans? How do people feel about this? Does anyone have a representation of how the commercial unit fits with the houses? For me, I would not like to be looking out at an Aldi

There are elevations in the planning permission of the unit, both in the main application and the also signage application. They looked ok to me when I reviewed them.

I'm looking forward to having a supermarket so handy and hoping itll help attract other retailers to the empty units. I'm a little concerned about traffic and litter but not overly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

;)

There are elevations in the planning permission of the unit, both in the main application and the also signage application. They looked ok to me when I reviewed them.

I'm looking forward to having a supermarket so handy and hoping itll help attract other retailers to the empty units. I'm a little concerned about traffic and litter but not overly so.

having trouble finding the planning app on dcc. checked dcc and fingal planning applications but cant find any reference to aldi in RCP

• Advertisement

It's our own planning permission 3069/14
    Page three has three drawings anchor retailer elevations and sections. There are also floor plans on page 2. The site layout on page 5 gives the best overview of how it works with respect to the houses.

It's almost due north of the houses which look out on the back of it so the light impact is minimal. There may be a noise impact from trucks reversing.

If you put 3069/14 in the description when searching for planning permissions the results give 3853/15 and 2502/16 which are the Aldi specific signage applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Thanks for that. Im a little concerned based on living near a supermarket previously, where the carpark was used as a meetup point at 3am for lads to do doughnuts and handbrake turns in thier cars. As long as its policied at night, it should be fine.

Is it too early to have any word on what will go into the retail units along spindrift avenue in block A & B?

From the layout I'd expect it to be locked overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Im a little concerned based on living near a supermarket previously, where the carpark was used as a meetup point at 3am for lads to do doughnuts and handbrake turns in thier cars. As long as its policied at night, it should be fine.

Is it too early to have any word on what will go into the retail units along spindrift avenue in block A & B?

It's similar to the underground parking in the new Lidl in Cabra. Very much doubt it would be left open.

No word on those other units.
    They don't appear to be very large.
    I'd like to see a Butcher it would do well beside an Aldi. Anyone who sees a planning notice would mention it here I expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

gloria6232 wrote: »

Its in the wall just above the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 a523504

I was not aware of this but new houses for phase 2 is going beside Rathborne park. Are there plans for this site?

It's 2217/15

a523504 wrote: »
    I was not aware of this but new houses for phase 2 is going beside Rathborne park. Are there plans for this site?

It was discussed on this thread a few pages back. There is also a separate thread for it:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057785994

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

Today marks exactly a year since we moved into our house. I figured I'd put together a few pretty snapshots I took mostly while running along the canal. You can find it here.

On a different topic, if anyone wants a relatively sturdy cardboard storage box 105x73x48cm, let me know. It's too big to get through the attic trapdoor, so I'd be cutting it up for recycling next Wednesday.

Those are great photos Bruncvik,

I've been meaning to dig my camera out as there's a lot of nature in the area.
    I saw a truly enormous pair of Dragonfly about a month ago but it was hard to catch them with my phone camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

I got the animals with a compact camera and a decent optical zoom; no need for a camera overkill :)

Hi,
    Has anyone else got post about planning conditions?

We've not done anything external so it's not directed at us perse, it was addressed specifically to us however.

It came from "benchmark property"

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Hi,
    Has anyone else got post about planning conditions?

We've not done anything external so it's not directed at us perse, it was addressed specifically to us however.

It came from "benchmark property"

I'm likely buying a place in a different development managed by them.
    I'm curious (and worried!) about your post.

Would be very very grateful if you could give me a bit more info. By PM if you'd prefer.

Cheers

I got it. One particular house has covered 3/4s of the garden with a shed like structure. Initially it was much higher then the fences on each side and while it's been lowered it's still higher.

That's what this is about, unfortunately enforcing the rules against the one person taking the piss means catching normal sheds somewhat too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

That's the management company who sent it out.

On another note, we've arranged for the heating system to be serviced. It needs to be done yearly.

I got it. One particular house has covered 3/4s of the garden with a shed like structure. Initially it was much higher then the fences on each side and while it's been lowered it's still higher.

That's what this is about, unfortunately enforcing the rules against the one person taking the piss means catching normal sheds somewhat too.

That explains it.
    It does sound like it's annoyed quite a few neighbours. That's an idiotic thing to do when you have to live there..

Manion wrote: »
    That's the management company who sent it out.

On another note, we've arranged for the heating system to be serviced. It needs to be done yearly.

Can you provide details on the approx cost.
    Or by pm if you would.

At the front of the house or the rear?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Keithchap wrote: »
    At the front of the house or the rear?

None of these houses could have a structure like that to the front. Must be to the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

We need to source a house alarm & installer for our Heron.
    If anyone has any recommendations/suggestions and ballpark cost (via PM) I'd really appreciate it.

Advertisement