Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Bruncvik wrote: »
    Did actually anyone have any luck calling them recently? They called us because they need to replace the splash board (third party information suggested the original board was a fire hazard). First time they were supposed to come they cancelled; second time didn't even bother to call, and I haven't had anyone pick their phone for the past week.

When was this? Curious what the fire hazard was? I haven't heard anything about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PhoenixRoyal

Hello all,

For this alrrady living on the estates are you guys happy with the toilets pressure?! Found it very low, did my snags and not really happy about it, i guess the flush tank is so small, if the idea is to use less water then they should have installed vaccun pumps so much easier... one other question what internet/ telefone provider is available?!

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IrishGirl12

Hi Guys

For anyone that bought in the most recent phase (due for completion in Nov/Dec), what are your thoughts on when the house will actually be ready for completion? I am thinking it will most likely be January by time the snag etc is completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 spuachi

ek wrote: »
    They came out to measure ours four weeks ago. We haven't heard anything since. When we called to enquire we were told that the guy arranging the replacement is currently on holidays.

They also came to our house to measure it more than 3 weeks ago, the gut said it would take 3 to 4 weeks. We haven't heard from them since. Btw nobody said anything about them being a fire hazard, I thought it was more a problem of them breaking or unsticking from the wall, did anything happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

As I said, that was third party information. The kitchen company didn't tell me anything directly, and my board didn't catch on fire yet. so take the information as you will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Bruncvik wrote: »
    As I said, that was third party information. The kitchen company didn't tell me anything directly, and my board didn't catch on fire yet. so take the information as you will.

Was it one of the glass/plastic ones that are in the Heron showhouse? Just curious, sure it's not a problem, would be good to know though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

With regards the back splash, I was also contacted 4 weeks back, but I've heard nothing more despite several follow up attempts. I contacted Ballymore about the fire Hazard rumor and they categorically denied that was the issue. To be honest I doubt Ballymore would leave an issue like that to the The Three Stooges Kitchen Co. At the end of the day we bought the property off Ballymore, they wouldn't tolerate that kind of liability knowingly.
    Hi Guys

For anyone that bought in the most recent phase (due for completion in Nov/Dec), what are your thoughts on when the house will actually be ready for completion? I am thinking it will most likely be January by time the snag etc is completed.

You better hope it's January. We moved in mid November. Try getting a tradesman on the run up to Christmas or basically anything. Even buying a couch, a lot of places stop taking orders for new furniture early on. Terrible time to move house.
    Hello all,

For this alrrady living on the estates are you guys happy with the toilets pressure?! Found it very low, did my snags and not really happy about it, i guess the flush tank is so small, if the idea is to use less water then they should have installed vaccun pumps so much easier... one other question what internet/ telefone provider is available?!

Many thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by low pressure. If you mean the volume of water in a flush this can be adjusted manually. The water thank itself is pump fed.

You're stuck with Eircom I'm afraid or one of the resellers of Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

Hello all,

Many thanks

We had a problem with one toilet where the front of the toilet bowl was not getting any water, Ballymore replaced toilet and it was the same. Turned out that pipe feeding the water had a defect that decreased the amount coming through, once replaced the toilet worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

In relation to the kitchen company, the only way we got a response was when I called Ballymore and complained. Generally the quality of customer service from their office is exceptionally poor. The quality of customer service from their staff working on the site is excellent..

Also the kitchen company are reading this forum, so you have to wonder whey they do not make efforts to improve!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sunshine135

Hello all,

Many thanks

Hi,

We also had reservations to low toilet pressure during flushing when we snagged but we were told nothing's wrong.

We live in the house 2 months now and the toilet flush doesn't usually cause issues. But it still seems on low side.

I'd be interested if you find solution to improve this.

• Advertisement

Hi. If anyone has recommendations for good suppliers and fitters of blinds can you please share the details with me? I won't be moving for a while but would love to have it organised in advance if possible.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Thanks for those photos Cronos,

Just in case anybody hasn't seen it there is a fly through video tour of the Heron up on Vimeo. It's linked from the RCP brochure site.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/180729533

Bump, in case anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mooninite1

Hi there. Could anyone dm me contact details for Ballymore's onsite person please? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

The Folks snagging this week/last week - How are ye getting on ?

I know Ballymore rep thought he would be finished my snag in 1 week but I think it will be closer to 3

For those interested, the Community Policing Forum is taking place tomorrow at 19:00 in the community centre behind Romayos. According to the Rathborne Community Association Facebook site, it will be attended by local guards, DCC management and local councilors.

Hello Guys,
    Has anyone had done a laminating floor on Heron house type, what was paid per square meter, could you recommend someone, please PM.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tippmon

Hi all
    Just shopping around for home insurance and quotes are coming in around 500 euro (with 5k specified contents). If anyone did any better, please PM me details.

tippmon wrote: »
    Hi all
    Just shopping around for home insurance and quotes are coming in around 500 euro (with 5k specified contents). If anyone did any better, please PM me details.

Is 500 before or after year 1 deductions ?

I got three quotes for 25K contents <€350 , but they all have 2 months free year 1 and online discounts otherwise circa 450

• Registered Users Posts: 37 summerplans

Ours were around the €450 mark

Hi all

It was about 480 for the first year for us. Second year came to roughly 280, after deductions for no claims and a few others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭OrdeP

Hi all

I'm paying 254.16€ - 42.13€ (30k contents). 42€ refund after I installed
    monitored alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mooninite1

I PM'd you for previous post and this one. good luck!

Hi PhoenixRoyal. Could you DM me those ballymore contact details too if they're available? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

Just took a cycle up to this area this morning, as a boat owner I'm bitterly disappointed to see the disparity and lack of integration of the canal as an amenity to these lovely new homes. No marina or mooring facilities and a big ten foot tall fence along the whole establishment spanning the length of the canal with really awkward turnstiles to pass between the two areas.
    I know the canal passes through once rough areas of town with antisocial problems but surely the way to eradicate these vermin issues is integration of amenities?
    All of the lock keepers cottages have been removed which is a shame to see our heritage being eradicated especially as they weren't replaced, redesigned or reintegrated.
    Also where they put those bus stops is really awkward and poorly thought out, especially by that crescent-shaped park. The fencing is not very access needs friendly too. I'm glad I went for a mooch around and probably won't be revisiting any time soon as a result of that experience today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

There's a brand new marina and mooring area gone in as part of the development. The canal was specificalky widened to facilitate it. Maybe you missed it as tge associated building hasnt opened yet. It's come into use re entry as a venue for kayak-polo or whatever it's called.

There's a three foot high permanent fence between the canal and the houses, the ten foot fence is to protect the active building site. That'll cone down as the houses are completed.

The canal path itself is the purview of waterways ireland. There's a separate upgrade plan for it but it's not in ballymores remit.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

There's a brand new marina and mooring area gone in as part of the development. The canal was specificalky widened to facilitate it. Maybe you missed it as tge associated building hasnt opened yet. It's come into use re entry as a venue for kayak-polo or whatever it's called.

I saw that new inlay between 8th and 9th lock, it certainly looks modern alright but I wouldn't call it a marina. You could possibly get two barges alongside it perhaps at best but there's no slipway or washroom facilities etc. If they are planning for a kayak polo club it would be a great spot as it's not shaded from the southern bank. Same for the quay at Ashtown station, lovely to see a bar, shops and a restaurant there but again no proper boat tourism in mind. You wouldn't really get a rally alongside there I think, maybe I'm wrong..
    Don't get me wrong though the development looks fantastic, stylish clean and modern meeting most people's needs probably, I'm just a bit disappointed to see not as much enthusiasm in aquatic tourism too and integration that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

There are washroom facilities in the building. It's a kayak store with changing rooms and a small coffee shop to the front. Who knows when it will actually open but there has been some thought and effort put in.

Has anyone in a Heron got a shelving unit similar to the show house built? If so, can you please PM me the details of your recommendations. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Has anyone in a Heron got a shelving unit similar to the show house built? If so, can you please PM me the details of your recommendations. Thanks

same here please

The Folks snagging this week/last week - How are ye getting on ?

I know Ballymore rep thought he would be finished my snag in 1 week but I think it will be closer to 3
    think you're about right with 3 weeks.

• Advertisement

think you're about right with 3 weeks.
    I believe at least one house finished their snag last Thursday and got Keys today ! .
    In fairness to Ballymore they got nearly everything on our list closed in just over a week , just a couple of touches left now .

Was their anything serious on your Snag ?

Advertisement