Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 andreionut

Did someone changed their windows to acoustic ones?
    Is there a big difference in sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Danny87

The ones on the canal appear to be boarded up because of ground works being carried out in front so as not to accidentally break windows.

I think there was a broken window in those houses facing canal at one stage, but there's no way to know if it was an accident or a vandal.

Does anyone have any further info on this ? We noticed that one of the houses had a window broken last week . We returned last night and noticed all the windows on Ratoath road have been boarded up.Despite this... one of the side windows on the Swan house was also newly smashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mooninite1

A technical question for anyone who bought one of the Ash 3 beds. Is the utility room plumbed for a washing machine or did you have to do any additional prep work before installing one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

mooninite1 wrote: »
    A technical question for anyone who bought one of the Ash 3 beds. Is the utility room plumbed for a washing machine or did you have to do any additional prep work before installing one?

The utility room are the same in each I believe.
    In the Heron there's a hot and cold feed, with a tap and the standard screw on connector for washing machines. There's also a drain pipe you just need to insert the drain from the machine into. Very straightforward to connect the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 a523504

Hi, I am looking at the new phase of Rathborne and Royal Canal Park coming available, Jan 2018. Royal Canal is my priority. We are currently living in Compass Court. We love the area. We are in a one-bed apartment and want to add some space. I have a few questions if anyone would be kind enough to answer, please.

Questions:
    1) To what level are the houses finished when moving in? Are all rooms finished etc?
    2) What is the Fuel Source?
    3) Snag list? Do people recommend completing a snag list? and can you recommend a specific engineer?
    4) Can we get to view a show house? And is there a showhouse for all house types?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Chumpski

a523504 wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking at the new phase of Rathborne and Royal Canal Park coming available, Jan 2018. Royal Canal is my priority. We are currently living in Compass Court. We love the area. We are in a one-bed apartment and want to add some space. I have a few questions if anyone would be kind enough to answer, please.

Questions:
    1) To what level are the houses finished when moving in? Are all rooms finished etc?
    2) What is the Fuel Source?
    3) Snag list? Do people recommend completing a snag list? and can you recommend a specific engineer?
    4) Can we get to view a show house? And is there a showhouse for all house types?

Bathrooms are completely finished, kitchen all done too, you need to put flooring and carpets down in all rooms, except the bathrooms which are already tiled.

Heating from an air to water system, powered by electricity. Very cheap to run in my exp.

Yes do a snag list, they are good to fix any problems you bring up. We did snagging ourselves. After we moved in they also sorted any and all issues we found later.

You can view a show house I think, it’s near what is now the latest building site area so unsure if they let people in, you can also walk around and see the already built neighborhoods as you know.

Thank you @Chumpski, IF you or anyone else know who to contact to arrange a viewing of the show house, can you please DM me the contact details, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Chumpski

a523504 wrote: »
    Thank you @Chumpski, IF you or anyone else know who to contact to arrange a viewing of the show house, can you please DM me the contact details, thanks

Probably best to give Ballymore or Sherry Fitzgerald a ring to see when they will next open the show house for a viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikehene

Chumpski wrote: »
    Probably best to give Ballymore or Sherry Fitzgerald a ring to see when they will next open the show house for a viewing.

I don't think that will happen until near Christmas I'm afraid. I have been in regular contact with Sherry Fitzgerald re this as I'm interested in the next phase also.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FSMPastafarian

Danny87 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any further info on this ? We noticed that one of the houses had a window broken last week . We returned last night and noticed all the windows on Ratoath road have been boarded up.Despite this... one of the side windows on the Swan house was also newly smashed.

The reality is they have been having problems with teenagers that have nothing better to do but throw stones at windows in a building site. It's pretty normal anywhere in Dublin, same as what happens to a lot vacant buildings. This will absolutely not be a problem when the houses have people living in them so I wouldn't worry about it.

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me the prices for the 3-bed houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Tracks and Trails on RTE last night, they walked the first 12 locks of the Royal Canal.

http://www.rte.ie/player/show/10789284

They skipped Royal Canal Park though.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IrishGirl12

Did anyone put an L shaped sofa in the family room? If anyone has measurements of the room (back wall) it would be great, trying to figure if we will fit the one we have in.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Casa2

Does someone knows what is happening outside Royal Canal? We can hear the Helicopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gloria6232

We are just snagging our house at moment and measured it at 298cm (and 286cm when considering our couch as the radiator restricts space for a L shape).
    Did anyone put an L shaped sofa in the family room? If anyone has measurements of the room (back wall) it would be great, trying to figure if we will fit the one we have in.

Thanks

Not sure I want to put my bin out tomorrow morning. This storm is supposed to be quite severe.

If anyone has light garden furniture or trampolines, please try and secure them!!

If there's a residents forum or Facebook or Whatsapp group can someone pm me the details. This forum is largely just concerned with those buying and snagging the properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Rathborne residents forum is the most active in the locality on Facebook.

Rathborne residents forum is the most active in the locality on Facebook.

Yes I find it great. If I can't find anything it might be worth considering setting up a parallel group or merging. Still just an idea anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 andreionut

I said I'll do this for a long time, but I created today a private Group like the Rathborne one for RCP.
    DM for link.
    I don't know how to proceed with the verification process so we make sure real residents join so at first it will be the honor system.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

With regards to the permanent site for Pelletstown ETNS:

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2017-10-03a.432

Catherine Martin (Dublin Rathdown, Green Party)

194. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the progress that has been made regarding locating a permanent site for a school (details supplied); if he has directed Dublin City Council to actively engage with landowners with a view to securing such a site; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [41779/17]

Richard BrutonRichard Bruton (Dublin Bay North, Fine Gael)

Officials in my Department have been working towards the acquisition of a permanent site to meet the needs of the school to which the Deputy refers and have engaged with officials in Dublin City Council in that respect. My Department has reached agreement with the landowner and the acquisition is currently progressing through the conveyancing stage. Following the completion of the acquisition, the architectural planning process for the provision of a new permanent building for the school in question will commence.

I appreciate that the process is taking a considerable length of time but I can assure you that the acquisition of a suitable site for the school is very active on the programme of site acquisitions and every effort is being made to secure the suitable site for the school as expeditiously as possible.

• Advertisement

andreionut wrote: »
    I said I'll do this for a long time, but I created today a private Group like the Rathborne one for RCP.
    DM for link.
    I don't know how to proceed with the verification process so we make sure real residents join so at first it will be the honor system.

Which Rathborne group do you mean? I can only see Savills Rathborne sales site on Facebook. Or do you mean the boards thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

mikehene wrote: »
    Which Rathborne group do you mean? I can only see Savills Rathborne sales site on Facebook. Or do you mean the boards thread?

The most common ones are:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/185294091624379/
    https://www.facebook.com/Royal-Canal-Park-Community-Association-222708581089590/

A new one has also been setup but I won't post the link for it publicly as I believe it's by invite.

cronos wrote: »
    The most common ones are:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/185294091624379/
    https://www.facebook.com/Royal-Canal-Park-Community-Association-222708581089590/

A new one has also been setup but I won't post the link for it publicly as I believe it's by invite.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PhoenixRoyal

Hi all,
    Just moved in, it slipped my mind during the snags, I can't find the plug antenna for the TV. 
    any suggestions? 
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nordstrom

Hi all,
    Just moved in, it slipped my mind during the snags, I can't find the plug antenna for the TV. 
    any suggestions? 
    Regards

If it's like the earlier phases then you just have blank faceplates on the walls, some are for Ethernet and some are for tv (satellite, terrestrial or cable). You need to supply the proper faceplates yourself. Open up the blank plates and it should be apparent what is what. There's no aerial provided, you have to do that yourself. How you wire your house is a whole other discussion...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bluemc

Aldi have signed contract to take up tenancy in the retail outlet. Supposed to kick off work next month with a 12 month leadtime, so should expect it open around March 2019...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

bluemc wrote: »
    Aldi have signed contract to take up tenancy in the retail outlet. Supposed to kick off work next month with a 12 month leadtime, so should expect it open around March 2019...

does that mean we will have a lidl and an aldi or just aldi ?

does that mean we will have a lidl and an aldi or just aldi ?

Where would the Lidl be? Haven't heard anything about that. There already is one in the industrial estate so I'd doubt it personally.

bluemc wrote: »

I'm curious how you found out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 bluemc

Asked some of the workers on site last week if there was any word on someone taking the option on the retail unit and they said that contracts were just signed. Ballymore will be doing the building work rather than Aldi putting it up themselves, so longer leadtime..

Advertisement