Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Does anyone know who provides the 10 year structural warranty on these houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    What risk though? It's in the middle of a good area that's already established and that has new property going in all the time.

Spec doesn't sound lesser than the ballymore builds either.

A simple case of ballymore getting what they could for their builds as they were the only show in town, and a new developer now bringing some competition
    Danny87 wrote: »
    It's based on standard logic in my opinion . I am of course solely talking about the Ballymore 'Ash type' houses . There doesn't appear to any houses similar to the Heron style being developed by Castlehorn from what i can see .

My point is , we personally paid 20% more than the original 2015 price for our Ash house that is currently being built . They have gone up approx 6-7% a phase since 2015 . They would have been set for another 6% on the latest phase but i find this hard to fathom with very similar houses literally just across the road in an already developed area at a much cheaper price.

Regarding spec, from what i can see on the planning documents plans and elevations they are virtually identical to the Ash houses by Ballymore . Granted they are 9m2 smaller but if you view the plans they have utilized the space more efficiently and the difference is unnoticeable (at least from the drawings). They are also A rated, so the building standard would also be very similar .

Also worth noting that the initial phase is for 60nr 3 bed terraced houses , the rest of the phases will be the Duplexes , 4 beds , detached, semi detached and apartments

Comparing the daft.ie spec to the ballymore spec they are clearly a lower spec

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ken c

Hi,

Has anyone got the floor measurements for the Heron that they could share?

Thanks
    Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PhoenixRoyal

Hi find attached the Hero Dimensions.

I upload via telefone the qualith May be as good..

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 37 summerplans

Hi,
    Did anyone change the locks when they moved in? Any recommendations? Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Tried the heating for the 1st time today. Just set the thermostats so the little orange light was on, but the radiators didn't get warm.

Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

Hi,
    Did anyone change the locks when they moved in? Any recommendations? Thanks again
    We changed the cylinders as soon as the contractors were finished. Went with the ABS Anti-snap locks. They break off when someone tries to snap them, in which case the door is locked off and needs to be completely removed (still possible to unlock from the inside). They come with a security card, which is needed if you want extra keys made at an authorized locksmith. The locks tend to be quite pricey, though: about 60 Euros per cylinder and three keys, and 13 for each extra key.

Tried the heating for the 1st time today. Just set the thermostats so the little orange light was on, but the radiators didn't get warm.

Am I missing something?

OK so the way it works is that the radiators never get hot, they put out a low amount of heat over a long period that gradually raises the temperature in the house. Because the house is A rated you don't need to put a lot of heat into the house.
    Hi,

Yes, change the locks right away.

Manion wrote: »
    OK so the way it works is that the radiators never get hot, they put out a low amount of heat over a long period that gradually raises the temperature in the house. Because the house is A rated you don't need to put a lot of heat into the house.

I didn't feel any change in radiator temperature though.
    Also, it sounds like the heating process takes place over a long period of a few days, what happens if you want a quick burst of heat?

I didn't feel any change in radiator temperature though.
    Also, it sounds like the heating process takes place over a long period of a few days, what happens if you want a quick burst of heat?

When we first moved in there was a meeting where the heating system was explained. There is a synopsis somewhere in this thread.

It takes 1 hour to raise the ambient temperature 5 degrees. So no not a matter if days. You won't get a quick burst of heat out the system and you really shouldn't need to. TBH you're meant to turn on the system and leave it on it take far less energy to maintain temperature as opposed to reheat in a house with our rating. There is a holiday mode if you're gone for a long period .I'm a bit surprised you saying you turned on the system for the first time.

• Advertisement

Keithchap wrote: »
    Does anyone know who provides the 10 year structural warranty on these houses?

Was this not in your starter pack and also sent to your solicitor who then sent it to the bank ?

Anyone advise what mobile network, if any, works inside the houses?

Right now we can get almost no signal on any three phone in the house. It could be the insulation, but if there's another network that's stronger in the area I'd happily swap over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Right now we can get almost no signal on any three phone in the house. It could be the insulation, but if there's another network that's stronger in the area I'd happily swap over.

Vodafone is decent for me. Not perfect though. Not sure how it would compare with three. But I'd imagine Vodafone would have the best coverage in the country so they are probably the best chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TaxqOnClaim

Manion wrote: »
    What risk though? It's in the middle of a good area that's already established and that has new property going in all the time.

Spec doesn't sound lesser than the ballymore builds either.

A simple case of ballymore getting what they could for their builds as they were the only show in town, and a new developer now bringing some competition
    Danny87 wrote: »
    It's based on standard logic in my opinion . I am of course solely talking about the Ballymore 'Ash type' houses . There doesn't appear to any houses similar to the Heron style being developed by Castlehorn from what i can see .

My point is , we personally paid 20% more than the original 2015 price for our Ash house that is currently being built . They have gone up approx 6-7% a phase since 2015 . They would have been set for another 6% on the latest phase but i find this hard to fathom with very similar houses literally just across the road in an already developed area at a much cheaper price.

Regarding spec, from what i can see on the planning documents plans and elevations they are virtually identical to the Ash houses by Ballymore . Granted they are 9m2 smaller but if you view the plans they have utilized the space more efficiently and the difference is unnoticeable (at least from the drawings). They are also A rated, so the building standard would also be very similar .

Also worth noting that the initial phase is for 60nr 3 bed terraced houses , the rest of the phases will be the Duplexes , 4 beds , detached, semi detached and apartments

Comparing the daft.ie spec to the ballymore spec they are clearly a lower spec

Anybody have any idea how many houses/apartments this development will deliver in total? I see phase 1 has 60 advertised on daft but just wondering what future phases will deliver!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Anybody have any idea how many houses/apartments this development will deliver in total? I see phase 1 has 60 advertised on daft but just wondering what future phases will deliver!

It's on the planning permission. 3666/15 on dublin city council's planning portal. 318 dwellings with 176 apartments and 142 houses. Very similar in scale to rcp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

It's on the planning permission. 3666/15 on dublin city council's planning portal. 318 dwellings with 176 apartments and 142 houses. Very similar in scale to rcp.

Is that the Capel site, South of Rathbourne Avenue, I was under the impression the development is further east?

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Is that the Capel site, South of Rathbourne Avenue, I was under the impression the development is further east?

That's where I've been thinking it is as that's where I'd call rathborne bit looking at it, since it's Castlethorn I'd guess it's 3604/12

They need to build it as planning is expiring which means it's quite an old design.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭griffdlk

If you have a compatible phone then eir is best as they have wifi calling so you're effectively making a VoIP call when in the house. This page shows all the phones that work with it https://www.eir.ie/wificalling/

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

cronos wrote: »
    Vodafone is decent for me. Not perfect though. Not sure how it would compare with three. But I'd imagine Vodafone would have the best coverage in the country so they are probably the best chance.

I had Three when we moved in, and no signal. I switched to Vodafone shortly thereafter, and I get some signal when I'm close to the windows, but I still prefer placing calls from the backyard. Works out well for me - I have a perfectly valid excuse not to answer the phone.

griffdlk wrote: »
    If you have a compatible phone then eir is best as they have wifi calling so you're effectively making a VoIP call when in the house. This page shows all the phones that work with it https://www.eir.ie/wificalling/

Based on the 4 weeks Eir took to get my address wrong twice, cost me two days off work, about 6 hours on hold and transferring between depths, give me no service and still bill me, I think I'd rather no mobile network than sign up with them.

Vodafone, once I called them had broadband running in less than 6 days and about 20 mins total time speaking to them.

• Advertisement

griffdlk wrote: »

Thanks. You only need an Eir mobile phone though right? It will work with Vodafone broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 stenomattia

Hi, could anyone please send me the details of a trusted house alarm installer and model? We'll be moving in RCP soon and we'd like to get this sorted out with priority. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭griffdlk

Thanks. You only need an Eir mobile phone though right? It will work with Vodafone broadband?

Yep, works on any broadband. I use it in work (by accident as I just have wifi turned on) and works fine and used it on holidays as well.

For anyone wondering about the educate together school and it's need for more space, they now have planning permission for four temporary classrooms on the supervalu site.

Permission is for three years.

Royal Canal Park featured on the TV3 news last night:

https://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/450/132035/0/3News-at-5.30

07:10

For anyone wondering about the educate together school and it's need for more space, they now have planning permission for four temporary classrooms on the supervalu site.

Permission is for three years.

Thanks. I assume that is the empty site is adjacent to the school? Is that owned by Supervalu?

Thanks. I assume that is the empty site is adjacent to the school? Is that owned by Supervalu?

It's part of the current school site. Not sure who owns it, it was the marketing suite for the original development.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 elTenedor

Getting quotes of about 420 for snagging a Heron? Is this roughly about what others have paid?

elTenedor wrote: »
    Getting quotes of about 420 for snagging a Heron? Is this roughly about what others have paid?

Its a full day job with potential ongoing consultation. A good snagger will:

- spend 1st half of the day snagging the house, looking for and noting the issues.
    - spend the 2nd half of the day walking you through the issue list, explaining why certain items are issues, helping you priroitize what you really want to get sorted vs whats nice to get sorted, and coaching you on how to deal with the developer.

I found the last part particularly useful as the developer really doesnt want to fix any minor issues, will make you think that your a hindrance, and even that they might pull out of the sale if you dont accept what they have done. Snagger helps prep you for what to let slide and what to dig your heels in for.

(A Good) Snagger is also available after the snag day to provide a professional opinion should the developer refuse to fix some items that are high priority for you.

FYI - I am not a snagger, not related to a snagger and initially thought it was just a paperwork exercise. getting a good snagger saved me a lot of issues, money and left us in a much better position moving in.

So, see if your snagger is doing that for you and if you think its worth the asking price. If not, go for a lesser service. My experience with house pruchase tells me not to scrimp if snagger is good and providing a high level of service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 elTenedor

Thanks Fret_wimp2 for the details, much appreciated. Just wanted to throw it out to see if that was a competitive quote.

Advertisement