Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options
1117118119120121123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dovetail

Hello there. Has anybody had any issue with water on the rare occasion coming in through the vent in the Airing / Hotpress room? I'm in a Heron Phase 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

Are you sure the vent cover is still on the roof? It shouldn't really be possible

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭griffdlk

Looks a nice job. We've been thinking what the best solution would be and looks like you've got the results we want. The noise at night kills me. Who did the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

Unfortunately not allowed post recommendations. If you search for secondary glazing Dublin you'll get about two hits and they're the ones with a show room not far from the development.

Btw, we had to get the BER redone recently due to a solar installation and the house went from a A2 to an A3 and probably would have been a B1 or even a B2 without the Solar. BER certs only last 10 years. The issue is that the original paper work submitted by Ballymore isn't available for the new assessment and the assessors much take really terrible default values for the heat pump efficiency in the absence of the original paper work. This effectively means that in a couple years time all the house in the estate are facing the BER dropping. This can have serious consequences for those on Green mortgages. I've contacted Ballymore to see if I can get copies of the original paper work but got no response. I'm thinking of trying to organize something through the management company. It seems totally ridiculous.

Note the standards haven't changed, it's just a paper work issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭griffdlk

Thanks Manion. Wow, that is pretty bad re. the BER rating. I'm shocked by the non-response 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭belleray

Has anyone with a Heron had issues with water in the attic? I've got water which seems to be coming in on the exterior wall at the floor level, but had some roofers check today and couldn't find any issues.

I'm pretty sure I saw someone else do some extensive work removing and then replacing the tiles on their roof so I'd be keen to understand what issues others have faced.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Had BER done in May due to a solar install also and my BER went from A3 to A1.

Maybe that documentation issue was sorted out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CeRoCeRo

Hi All, I am wondering if anyone could recommend a silent extractor fan for the kitchen in the Ballymore houses, possibly just the motor so there would be no need to change the hood? Thanks in advance

Advertisement