Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gloria6232

Hi. I am moving into royal canal avenue in a few weeks. Do the houses come connected with lines enabled for eir (or equivalent provider? Or did other have to pay for line installation after moving in? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

gloria6232 wrote: »
    Hi. I am moving into royal canal avenue in a few weeks. Do the houses come connected with lines enabled for eir (or equivalent provider? Or did other have to pay for line installation after moving in? Thanks

Eir will have to visit to install the line. But it's free. Then once installed a second visit will be required to connect up the internet/phone. Both visits will require you to be at home unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gloria6232

Thanks Cronos, appreciate it...they had quoted me 25euro for 12 months on top of broadband & tv monthly fee so wasnt sure if that was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

cronos wrote: »
    Eir will have to visit to install the line. But it's free. Then once installed a second visit will be required to connect up the internet/phone. Both visits will require you to be at home unfortunately.

Thanks. How long did it take to get up and running from your move in date?

Keithchap wrote: »
    Thanks. How long did it take to get up and running from your move in date?

A month I think it was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 1dav

Hi All. I noticed some seriously looking drain works taking place by the attenuation pond. CCTV drain inspection team van. Also some digging taking place in the gardens of houses on Phelan Drive West. Any ideas what is happening there?

It's definitely this one, saw a sign up on the site today on the cresent.

They are looking for a lot of details if you register your interest, including your budget, cheeky...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dazamataz

Hi,

Could someone tell me where the tv point is in the master bedroom in a Heron please?

Thanks in advance

dazamataz wrote: »
    Hi,

Could someone tell me where the tv point is in the master bedroom in a Heron please?

Thanks in advance

Not sure there is one. Although I'd be very interested to hear peoples solutions to putting TV's in the top floor bedroom of the Heron. Pictures would be great also. It's a big room but I struggle to think where the TV would look best. I've the bed in the same location it was in the showhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 n1ckymar1e

It's definitely this one, saw a sign up on the site today on the cresent.

They are looking for a lot of details if you register your interest, including your budget, cheeky...

They have the website live now with the floor plans site plans, video etc. People were already lining up at 8pm last night...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

dazamataz wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks in advance
    Not sure there is one. Although I'd be very interested to hear peoples solutions to putting TV's in the top floor bedroom of the Heron. Pictures would be great also. It's a big room but I struggle to think where the TV would look best. I've the bed in the same location it was in the showhouse.

TV point is over by the door

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

For long-term residents, I see that the overflow carpark up near the gym will be decommissioned from Monday. This'll make inviting friends over fun...

For long-term residents, I see that the overflow carpark up near the gym will be decommissioned from Monday. This'll make inviting friends over fun...

Decommissioned for what purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Decommissioned for what purpose?

Camden @ Royal Canal Park, the next phase.

These guys seem to think that is the future school site as well.

http://rathbornepark.ie/flipbook/#p=2

Not sure who owns the land.

Map of LAP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

These guys seem to think that is the future school site as well.

http://rathbornepark.ie/flipbook/#p=2

Not sure who owns the land.

http://i.imgur.com/nHX8sTq.jpg

It's shown as the preferred school site in the local development plan. That's where that comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Interest Enquiry form is an excellent scheme to charge as much as possible.
    Asks for your price region.

I assume if you pick the lower price regions, they know to ignore you and if loads of people pick higher price regions, they can bump up prices?

unless im just being too cynical and there is a house available in each price region.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 WondersW

Hi guys,

We will be moving to RCP in the next month if all goes as planned of course and wonder if anyone can recommend a good tiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

WondersW wrote: »
    Hi guys,

We will be moving to RCP in the next month if all goes as planned of course and wonder if anyone can recommend a good tiler?

I would also be interested in this

Also would people who have gone through this share did they Tile the Kitchen and then Laminate/Carpet the Living room or vice versa ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

I did wooden floors through all of downstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

laminate throughout the house with tiles around the island and just inside the front door.
    carpet on stairs.

it's really down to your preferences and budget, there isn't a best way.

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    laminate throughout the house with tiles around the island and just inside the front door.
    carpet on stairs.

it's really down to your preferences and budget, there isn't a best way.
    Did you get the tiler or the laminate person in first ?

Did you get the tiler or the laminate person in first ?

I got carpenter first then tiler. However, I recommend the other way around as the carpenter will need to do some work the tiler will not do like trimming kicking boards, trimming doors etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Danny87

Just wondering if anybody has had any issues regarding changes to Kitchens ?

We are looking at removing the breakfast bar and running the kitchen along the back wall. Has anyone done this ?

I am finding it impossible to get any reply from them and lately they will not even answer their phones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tippmon

Hi Danny
    they are difficult to reach. If you search back in this conversation you'll see several of the same message as yours. We actually called into their premises in Dun Laoghaire and found this useful.

We thought about a similar idea but in the end we moved the island up slightly closer to the back door and removed the ledge at the door end also. Just remember that any changes you make will cost extra and they are not shy about charging! In the end the changes only cost 350 euro and we were happy with that as it makes a better use of the space. We will be moving in shortly and I'd happy to share photos of the finished result.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Danny87

If you're getting what you want; €350 isn't so bad I suppose . There would at least be some admin process/setting out delays for any changes which could somewhat justify this. I think we could live with that .

Thanks for the advice we well have to just take the bull by the horns and head out to Dun Laoighre one of the days...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FSMPastafarian

Trying cc'ing the guys on site in Ballymore on your email and you might get a swifter response. I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

tippmon wrote: »
    Hi Danny
    they are difficult to reach. If you search back in this conversation you'll see several of the same message as yours. We actually called into their premises in Dun Laoghaire and found this useful.

Did actually anyone have any luck calling them recently? They called us because they need to replace the splash board (third party information suggested the original board was a fire hazard). First time they were supposed to come they cancelled; second time didn't even bother to call, and I haven't had anyone pick their phone for the past week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ek

Bruncvik wrote: »
    Did actually anyone have any luck calling them recently? They called us because they need to replace the splash board (third party information suggested the original board was a fire hazard). First time they were supposed to come they cancelled; second time didn't even bother to call, and I haven't had anyone pick their phone for the past week.

They came out to measure ours four weeks ago. We haven't heard anything since. When we called to enquire we were told that the guy arranging the replacement is currently on holidays.

Advertisement